• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lobby efferts for ab-237, police state!

wild boar

LOBBYING EFFORTS FOR AB-237 Government Accountability Board information
None of these Lobbying bodies has spent any time or money on AB-237. Why is the state government entertaining this bill? THE FACTS WI Assembly Bill 237 – Government Accountability Board information.

League of Wisconsin Municipalities
2011 2012 Session to date
Jan - June July - Dec Jan - June July - Dec
Total Expenditures $105,771 $0 $0 $0 $105,771
Total Hours Communicating 103 0 0 0 103
Total Hours Other 918 0 0 0 918

Wisconsin Chiefs of Police Association Inc
Total Expenditures $11,066 $0 $0 $0 $11,066
Total Hours Communicating 51 0 0 0 51
Total Hours Other 41 0 0 0 41

Wisconsin Coalition Against Domestic Violence
Total Expenditures $9,075 $0 $0 $0 $9,075
Total Hours Communicating 103 0 0 0 103
Total Hours Other 176 0 0 0 176

Don’t take my word for it, always confirm the information!

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Are there any registered lobbyists hiding here, or their employers?

wild boar

What I'm attempting to do is...

...wake people up to this police power grab, The one Asst police chief who went on record doesn't even have any problems; other than possibly, a total failure of his force. Has anyone else tried to get an answer out of Senator Wanggaard, the cosponsor? I have and he won't return phone calls, or emails. This won't be funny when OC. and CCers are being cuffed, and stuffed, their weapon being taken,and registered as part of a crime and arrest. boar out.

E6chevron

Here's the information that i've gotten with regard to AB237

http://legis.wisconsin.gov/2011/data/AB237hst.html

An Act to create 175.39 of the statutes; relating to: authorization to
make arrests for activities punishable by civil forfeiture.
08-30. A. Introduced by Representatives Kleefisch, Danou, Farrow and
Knilans; cosponsored by Senator Wanggaard.
08-30. A. Read first time and referred to committee on Criminal
Justice and Corrections ................................ 491
10-19. A. Public hearing held.
10-25. A. Executive action taken.
10-25. A. Representative Farrow withdrawn as a coauthor ............ 616
10-25. A. Report passage recommended by committee on Criminal
Justice and Corrections, Ayes 9, Noes 0 ................. 601
10-25. A. Referred to committee on Rules ........................... 601
10-31. A. Representative Knilans withdrawn as a coauthor
........................................................ 629
11-07. A. Representative Danou withdrawn as a coauthor ............. 676

From the above, the remaining author is Rep. Kleefisch and cosponsor Sen. Wanggaard, after three coauthors have withdrawn. That alone makes legislative support of the bill risky.

It passed unanimously out of the committee on Criminal Justice and Corrections supported by the entire committee:

Ayes: 9 - Representatives Bies, Jacque, Kestell, Brooks, Krug, Thiesfeldt, Kessler, Turner and Hebl.
Noes: 0.

and was Referred to the committee on Rules, where it sits.

---------------

It has had no action since Oct. 25th, other than losing 2 coauthors.

Suder has said it is dead, Kleefisch seems to be no longer actively supporting it, why do we think it is likely to get passed by both houses and then signed by the Governor?

I think we are literally beating a dead horse, that we want to be dead!

Last edited:

BROKENSPROKET

Here's the information that i've gotten with regard to AB237

http://legis.wisconsin.gov/2011/data/AB237hst.html

From the above, the remaining author is Rep. Kleefisch and cosponsor Sen. Wanggaard.

It passed unanimously out of the committee on Criminal Justice and Corrections supported by the entire committee:

Ayes: 9 - Representatives Bies, Jacque, Kestell, Brooks, Krug, Thiesfeldt, Kessler, Turner and Hebl.
Noes: 0.

and was Referred to the committee on Rules, where it sits.

---------------

It has had no action since Oct. 25th, other than losing 2 coauthors.

Suder has said it is dead, Kleefisch seems to be no longer why do we think it is likely to get passed by both houses and then signed by the Governor?

actively supporting it, I think we are literally beating a dead horse, that we want to be dead!

I was confident AB237 was dead until I visited Rep. Kleefisch's office. His staffer conveyed that the bill is a good bill and is still alive. The rumors that they are trying to make it workeable 'may' be valid.

wild boar

I've been working...

... every day beating this dead horse. Wanggaard will not contact me to answer my questions, these people are like kids, as long as you can hear them it's good. My Rep, Robin Vos has only said, "it needs work", thats ********! No one knew about this until it was out of committee, someone watched the Brookfield Asst police chief lie his ass off. If any of the members want to crawl in a hole, please do, just pull it shut so the other, more vigilant member don't fall in. boar out.

Last edited:

DangerClose

In part of my email, I quoted Nik Clark's summed-up-nicely couple sentences where he says if they think it's important to be able to arrest people for these violations, then vote on them separately. Don't just say the police can arrest anyone for anything.