• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"I was going to shop in your store until I saw the sign..."

kawisixer01

One thing i think we all need to do is make up some cards or some kind of paper stationary to give to stores that decide to post up a sign. Something that would indicate just how much you would have spent in their store had they decided to not post. We have done this in skydiving circles when a city or county board has decided to mess with drop zones. A couple of years ago we were doing it in Ottawa IL to fight a proposed high tension line that was going to come close enough to the DZ to basically end jumping. Once the local business owners realized how much money we were pumping into their local economy they joined our side. Skydive Perris in California did the same. They began stamping every bill that came through their register with a small parachute stamp. Pretty interesting how quickly people around the county were asking about the little parachute on their bills and warming up to the DZ.

protias

If anyone wants some "no guns = no money" business cards, send me a pm with your name and address, and I'll send them out to you.

protias

I got some of those at the WCI Annual meeting. Is that where you picked yours up?
No, I ordered 1,000 of them about a year ago. I've given out a few to businesses and several hundred to those who want to give them out as well if they come across a business that hinders our right to bear arms.

XDFDE45

No, I ordered 1,000 of them about a year ago. I've given out a few to businesses and several hundred to those who want to give them out as well if they come across a business that hinders our right to bear arms.
Were you handing them out at the meeting? I remember grabbing some at a table shortly before I left.

protias

protias

This is absolutely outrageous! I'm infuriated by what this site represents. Not a SINGLE Sig pictured on any of those cards :cuss:

Seriously, those are great. I like the two sided one, though would have to make the change of the verbiage to represent WI rather than Missouri.
When this becomes law, hopefully someone can make the front side WCI. Perhaps this could be added to WCI's merchandise page?

wild boar

Somebody help me out here.

You know, maybe it's just me, but, telling a business owner how much protection he needs, isn't that like,you know, like him telling you how many guns to carry, like your main piece, and your backup ain't enough. Like I said, maybe it's just me. Think real hard about it. boar out!

:banghead:

phred

Make your own cards

I'll put this here too.

I just used the MS- Word files, front and back from this site

http://paopencarry.org/no-guns-no-money-cards

I set the front side left margin at 0.6"
I set the back side left margin at 0.4"

I printed the front side on my ink jet and then just turned the paper over and printed the back side. Mine all lined up. Using a razor knife and stiff straight edge, they can be cut into cards. I used some pretty heavy paper.