• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Louisville Slugger Field

Flounder

I quickly searched for some info on this in the Forum and the two posts I found were several years old so I felt I could bring this up again.

I was at Slugger Field last week and they have a list of rules posted as you enter the concourse. "NO Firearms" is one among them. I chalked this up to private ownership and left it at that. Then this weekend I was speaking with someone who works for Metro Government and he mentioned that the City actually owned the property and Stadium. That slightly confused me so I've been hunting for more info.

Turns out the city leases the field.

https://louisvilleky.gov/sites/defa...ent/pdf_files/louisvillesluggerfieldlease.pdf

So, as a lessee does the Louisville Baseball Club have the authority to ban firearms? Or since it it publicly owned property can I follow up with the government about why they have they ban in place?

I would be willing to start writing, calling, emailing, showing up in person, etc. But I would like to make sure I have an argument here first.

Sir Diealotz

Why? Why would you spend any money in a place were the business owner bans guns?

It was for a cub scout deal, didn't want to disappoint the 8 year old :lol:

Still carried inside and when we left it was dark... Ran into several "Beggers" in the parking lot and just said "No" Kind of off topic but I've seen more and more of this the last few years....