• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why is Pueblo so quiet

jhco50

I was putting my handgun in my holster this morning and started wondering why we don't here anyone from Pueblo on this forum.

It would be nice to find out if anyone carries down there because my wife and I may end up retiring in that area. I would sure hate to move down there and find I'm the only rebel.

zach

Isn't Pueblo a more liberal leaning town? That would tend to lead me to believe there aren't a large amount of pro 2A folks down there.

I know that when I hunt along the Arkansas Valley, the further east I am from Pueblo the warmer the reception to hunt a field.

jhco50

Isn't Pueblo a more liberal leaning town? That would tend to lead me to believe there aren't a large amount of pro 2A folks down there.

I know that when I hunt along the Arkansas Valley, the further east I am from Pueblo the warmer the reception to hunt a field.

I guess I'm not real up on Pueblos leaning, but you are right about East of town. I have a house in Avondale that my boy is living in. I spent a lot of time down there fixing it up. The neighbor down the road is always in trouble because he hides under his porch roof until the geese fly over and then he jumps out and blasts one with his 10ga. The neighbors really don't like that. :lol: Still they put up with it. He owes me a duck dinner.

I carry when I go down there and haven't had a problem yet.

jhco50

Pueblo is no Boulder or Denver, but it's pretty liberal. Once you get out of the city though, the rest of the county is pretty conservative.

I should maybe not retire down there. I might be the oldest person in their jail for open carrying. :cry:

zach

I guess I'm not real up on Pueblos leaning, but you are right about East of town. I have a house in Avondale that my boy is living in. I spent a lot of time down there fixing it up. The neighbor down the road is always in trouble because he hides under his porch roof until the geese fly over and then he jumps out and blasts one with his 10ga. The neighbors really don't like that. :lol: Still they put up with it. He owes me a duck dinner.

I carry when I go down there and haven't had a problem yet.

If that neighbor ever needs any help, I will gladly volunteer!!

I have OC'd after hunting on my way back home. No one at the Texas Roadhouse said anything.

bogidu

Retire in Pueblo West

I should maybe not retire down there. I might be the oldest person in their jail for open carrying. :cry:

I can't speak for Pueblo, but those of us West of there know both how to use computers AND oc. I have been oc'ing for about a year and have not had a single issue.

Disclaimer: politically correct people can stop reading now at the risk of having their gentle senses offended.

Of course, from all outward appearances I would not be judged to be a criminal or gang member due to my lack of dark skin tones or body art.

As my wife put it, in Pueblo you have ethnic gangs, retired mafia & retired police. Be more concerned about the weapons that are concealed, both legally and illegally.

jhco50

I can't speak for Pueblo, but those of us West of there know both how to use computers AND oc. I have been oc'ing for about a year and have not had a single issue.

Disclaimer: politically correct people can stop reading now at the risk of having their gentle senses offended.

Of course, from all outward appearances I would not be judged to be a criminal or gang member due to my lack of dark skin tones or body art.

As my wife put it, in Pueblo you have ethnic gangs, retired mafia & retired police. Be more concerned about the weapons that are concealed, both legally and illegally.

Wow! Gangs are pretty bad on the East side. I wonder why the Mafia guys don't clean them up, LOL. Retired cops, too? :uhoh:

mahkagari

Speaking as someone who is both brown and adorned with body art but the closest to being a gang member was high school ROTC, that's pretty much a constant worry for me. I'm actually thankful to be so goofy-nerdy lookin' that I can wear my head shaved without looking blatantly cholo*. At least not to the experienced eye. I still worry about those prone to jump to conclusions. If they're going to jump to that conclusion about every pelon they see, there's little I can do about it. I worry about getting pulled over for DWL in Denver as it is, but if it's going to happen, it's going to happen. I'll take the tradeoff of being hassled for legally exercising 2A to being unprotected for the sake of "not making it worse on myself" if I've already got a target on me. As much as Tanc may be pro-2A and small government, I am seriously stressed about Apayaso's county looking like a cakewalk compared to what CO could turn into.

*I shaved my head for charity and DW decided she liked it that way. I prefer wearing roomy gauze shirts that people tell me I look like a Buddhist monk in. I always find that ironic considering I like those shirts because they're comfortable and easy to conceal in.

Last edited:

Gunslinger

Speaking as someone who is both brown and adorned with body art but the closest to being a gang member was high school ROTC, that's pretty much a constant worry for me. I'm actually thankful to be so goofy-nerdy lookin' that I can wear my head shaved without looking blatantly cholo*. At least not to the experienced eye. I still worry about those prone to jump to conclusions. If they're going to jump to that conclusion about every pelon they see, there's little I can do about it. I worry about getting pulled over for DWL in Denver as it is, but if it's going to happen, it's going to happen. I'll take the tradeoff of being hassled for legally exercising 2A to being unprotected for the sake of "not making it worse on myself" if I've already got a target on me. As much as Tanc may be pro-2A and small government, I am seriously stressed about Apayaso's county looking like a cakewalk compared to what CO could turn into.

*I shaved my head for charity and DW decided she liked it that way. I prefer wearing roomy gauze shirts that people tell me I look like a Buddhist monk in. I always find that ironic considering I like those shirts because they're comfortable and easy to conceal in.

DWL? "Driving while Latino"? You mean leftist mecca PDR of Denver profiles!!!!! Say it ain't so, hypocritical SOBs.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Wow! Gangs are pretty bad on the East side. I wonder why the Mafia guys don't clean them up, LOL. Retired cops, too? :uhoh:

There's an idea: RCOA (Retired Cops of America). If by "Cop" you meant anyone who was ever involved in law enforcement at any level including the international level...

Then I'm in. If you want to overly-restrict it to POST standards while refusing to acknowledge the similar, though different training standards we've received in the military, then...

psbbpsbbpsbbpsbb....

(it's called a "raspberry" and it's a polite way of saying you're full of...)

I would argue this might be extended to anyone involved in highly-regimented such activities involving carefully-controlled Rules of Engagement (ROE), including ex-military.

Some of you may cringe, but I'd counter the abuse rate is higher on the civilian side than the military side. I apologize on the frontside if this is not the case! I don't have stats at hand; just in memory. If I'm wrong, provide the stats. I'll look into it and if valid, I'll concede. If not, I'll do further research and counter.

Regardless, I'd like to put this forth to you: Both those who become LEOs and those who enter the military do so for similar, though somewhat different reasons. I won't characterize differences here.

What I'll do is characterize the similarities:

1. They want to do what's right by the law and by civilized society.

2. They've both taken an oath to uphold our Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic.

That's it. It's really that simple, with the only difference that on party is acting under international law, as relayed to the troops by means of the ROE (rules of engagement) and the other is operating under local, county, state, or federal law.

And if any of you doubt my training, here it is:

1. 12 mos basic
2. 9 mos follow-on
3. 8 mos subsequent

That's 29 months. Admittedly, much of it was weapons-specific training, and very little of it was hands-on.

ALL of it incorporated our ROE, whether the Balkans, Haiti, Gulf War, etc.

As for me, I simply met with some friends of mine for coffee tonight! We had a great time, discussed a few things from the schedule of what's next, lining up our groups' events with local events, including book club events...

Lurkers: We are you. We're no different than you, except that we may be more vociferous than you. So, lurkers. Speak up - tell us what you're feeling!

Regardless, feel free to join in on a meet. It's not an "us vs them" issue, especially here in Colorado.

Last edited: