• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NRA Basic Pistol Course - Qualifies (SE Wisconsin)

M

McX

You will Learn:
1.Proper Sight Picture
2. CORRECT GRIP
3. PROPER STANCE
4. RIGHT & LEFT EYE DOMINANCE
5. STRONG & WEAK HAND TECHNIQUES
6. PROPER LOADING
7. PROPER HANDLING
8. PROPER TRANSPORTING
9. PROPER STORAGE
10. RANGE SAFETY RULES
11. MISSFIRES/ JAMS/ SQUIBS
12. SAFETY LOADING THE MAGAZINE OR REVOLVER CYLINDER
13. PROPER SHOOTING POSITIONS / BENCH RESTING & STANDING
14. PROPER HOME DEFENSE AMMO
15. CENTER MASS TARGET SHOOTING
16. PROPER CLEARING THE HANDGUN ( REVOLVER & SEMI-AUTO )
17. ZOMBIES

there it is again

Outdoorsman1

You will Learn:
1.Proper Sight Picture
2. CORRECT GRIP
3. PROPER STANCE
4. RIGHT & LEFT EYE DOMINANCE
5. STRONG & WEAK HAND TECHNIQUES
6. PROPER LOADING
7. PROPER HANDLING
8. PROPER TRANSPORTING
9. PROPER STORAGE
10. RANGE SAFETY RULES
11. MISSFIRES/ JAMS/ SQUIBS
12. SAFETY LOADING THE MAGAZINE OR REVOLVER CYLINDER
13. PROPER SHOOTING POSITIONS / BENCH RESTING & STANDING
14. PROPER HOME DEFENSE AMMO
15. CENTER MASS TARGET SHOOTING
16. PROPER CLEARING THE HANDGUN ( REVOLVER & SEMI-AUTO )
17. ZOMBIES

there it is again

Damn.. And I missed again for the second time... Maybe I will get my eyes checked when I get my trainning for the permit...

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:
M

McX

Damn.. And I missed again for the second time... Maybe I will get my eyes checked when I get my trainning for the permit...

Outdoorsman1

better get your peepers checked out to spot them zombies. they'll probably come bearing cheeseburgers.

MKEgal

we offer the Florida, non-resident course. This gives you reciprocity in 38 states. Wisconsin would also be included once the legislature approves the bill.
She needs to learn facts before she gives out more misinformation.
A FL license will only be good for non-WI residents to cc in WI,
or as proof of training for WI residents to get a WI permit.
(Or of course, for a WI resident to cc in FL or many other states.)

So they teach NRA classes,
charge more for one person ($140) than for two ($135),
normally charge $165 for a class...
And we have to go into & spend $ in IL to do it.

I prefer not to spend $ in IL if I can avoid it.

BTW, if all you want is to meet the WI training mandate, check out Pauls' thread for a little gem I found.
Once the bill is law & it's harder for them to screw with us, pass it around.
Do as little as possible for the mandated training, then go get real training to help yourself.

Last edited:
M

McX

as seen awhile back at a local gas station; Utah permit class, valid in Wisconsin..................(?)

HandyHamlet

And we have to go into & spend $ in IL to do it.

I prefer not to spend $ in IL if I can avoid it.

"All classes are held at the BRISTOL SHOOTING RANGE, in Bristol, WI.
3 miles over the Wisconsin border."

I spend my professional career wondering when my Constitutional Rights will be violated by Chicago Cops again. IL, Wisconsin, whatever. I'll pass on this one.

Last edited:

Outdoorsman1

"All classes are held at the BRISTOL SHOOTING RANGE, in Bristol, WI. 3 miles over the Wisconsin border."
I spend my professional career wondering when my Constitutional Rights will be violated by Chicago Cops again. IL, Wisconsin, whatever. I'll pass on this one.

The classes are in WI, but they are based out of IL... So I am thinking the money would go to IL...

Living from paycheck to paycheck in this economy, I will be passing on this one for the cost factor alone... If I ever win the lottery, I would gladly take all they have to offer..

Outdoorsman1

MKEgal

I've had a couple emails from her, & either she doesn't understand the bill or she doesn't care that it's not final yet so nobody can know what training will be required. (She also said that the background check in WI costs $50.) With 2 of them being lawyers, I'd expect them to be more accurate in the info they give out.

She forwarded other emails to me (w/ email addresses intact!) & another gal was also asking how the company can know what training will be accepted when the bill isn't final yet. So somebody else gets it.

I sent these other potential customers the info about the MD class, as well as a link to the PDF of the amendment review by the LRB so they could look at it themselves, & suggested that they hold off paying out money until the law is signed & we know for sure what will be accepted.
Then they can decide what training is right for their needs.

I'm not saying don't train with them (unless you want to keep money out of IL), but wait to see what the bill actually says about training when it's signed. If you want hands-on in-person training to improve your skills, have at it! But if you just want to meet the requirements of the law, use the MD class.