• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

TMJ4 showing their true liberal colors

Outdoorsman1

Here's Another.....

Kenosha AM radio newscast this morning said something like it was now ok to “kill trespassers”. I called in and to my surprise actual got on the air with the news guy and tried to point out to him that the use of the word trespassers was very inaccurate and that there were very strict specific guidelines in the new Castle Doctrine law that mandated when and when not to use deadly force, and that trespassing was NOT a reason. I told him that the main factor was that the intruder had to have entered your dwelling illegally and that you had to be in fear of death or great bodily harm. He kinda got on the defensive and asked me if someone in your home was not trespassing. I said yes, but trespassing was a broad term and those that were not familiar with the law could misinterpret the law based on his broadcast. He still maintained that he felt trespassing was ok based on his interpolation of the word. He also suggested I call back into his talk show (“Lip Off”) (as in WLIP Radio) to discuss the issue further. I have already called that program a few times on various C.C., OC, and other issues. This program starts at 5:00 PM. I told him that if that newscast was taped (they play it many times throughout the day (hourly) that he should consider changing it to be more accurate. I also told him that it is common and has happened a lot in Milwaukee, that the news media constantly reports inaccuracies about the new C.C. Law, Open Carry Laws, and now the new Castle Doctrine Law. My last words were…”I’d consider changing your report”…

After the call he said something to his co-announcer that he did not like getting ambushed on the air. I can’t wait to tell him I was on hold for 15 minutes waiting for him to pick up my call OFF the air.

Anyway… today 5:05 – 5:10, Kenosha AM Radio 1050 (on the dial)…I'll be on…Should be a pretty good discussion…

Outdoorsman1

ETA: Sorry to sorta hijack this thread. I was gonna start a new one but kinda sotra on topic…???

Last edited:

PT111

What would you prefer the headline to be? I could find nothing in the article that was incorrect and isn't this the definition of "Castle Doctrine". If someone breaks into your home you have the option of shooting them, killing them and are immune from liability. Exactly what the headline says.

bmwguy11

What would you prefer the headline to be? I could find nothing in the article that was incorrect and isn't this the definition of "Castle Doctrine". If someone breaks into your home you have the option of shooting them, killing them and are immune from liability. Exactly what the headline says.

The bill isn't a "permission slip" that gives you the OK to kill someone. The correct headline would be what you find on jsonline or fox, which is "senate passes bill protecting homeowners who use self-defense"

Outdoorsman1

Set em straight outdoorsman!

Yea, you can bet on that.... anyone in the Kenosha area can tune in for a listen and as it is a call in talk show even call in yourself...@ (262) - 694-1050.... but I got dibbs on him first.... :p

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:

Outdoorsman1

The bill isn't a "permission slip" that gives you the OK to kill someone. The correct headline would be what you find on jsonline or fox, which is "senate passes bill protecting homeowners who use self-defense"

This...^^^^^^^^ + 1000 +

Very well put...

Outdoorsman1

wild boar

If the scum knew anybody...

...who could read, that crap just could act as a deterrent for a host of home evasion crimes! boar out.

BROKENSPROKET

MilProGuy

MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- The state Senate has passed a bill that would allow homeowners to kill intruders without fear of liability.
The bill that passed with bipartisan support creates a presumption of legal immunity for someone who injures or kills a person breaking into the defender's home, vehicle or workplace. The measure requires a judge to presume that the use of deadly force was necessary to prevent harm.

And a burst of applause goes up from the state of Mississippi! :monkey

BROKENSPROKET

MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- The state Senate has passed a bill that would allow homeowners to kill intruders without fear of liability.
The bill that passed with bipartisan support creates a presumption of legal immunity for someone who injures or kills a person breaking into the defender's home, vehicle or workplace. The measure requires a judge to presume that the use of deadly force was necessary to prevent harm.

And a burst of applause goes up from the state of Mississippi! :monkey

What has been accomplished in the first year of the Scott Walker administration is rather amazing. Give him 3 more years.

Last edited:

E6chevron

Yea, you can bet on that.... anyone in the Kenosha area can tune in for a listen and as it is a call in talk show even call in yourself...@ (262) - 694-1050.... but I got dibbs on him first.... :p

Outdoorsman1

Media relations 101:

Invite him over to your house for a roundtable discussion, have a sign on the door, that it "...sticks sometimes, you may have to kick it"

When he's in the house, tell him: Now that's what I'm talking about!