• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

$70,154.60

scot623

As of 2/29/12, $70,154.60 is the current amount paid by CADL to it's attorney's. 372 billable hours @$185 per hour plus $1,334.60 in fees/mileage/ect. That is the residents of the CADL area's tax dollars at work. Being used to strip the citizens of Michigan of their right to open carry. Pissed yet?

$70,154.60

Last edited:

TheQ

Holy f!!!!!!!!! Next time they ask Ingham County for a Millage I will make it a personal mission to walk door-to-door to let people know how they are spending money.

BTW, when I attended their 2011 Budget meeting in December of 2010, they had planned $28,000 for all legal expenses in 2011 -- looks like they went a LITTLE over budget.

Last edited:

detroit_fan

Holy f!!!!!!!!! Next time they ask Ingham County for a Millage I will make it a personal mission to walk door-to-door to let people know how they are spending money.

BTW, when I attended their 2011 Budget meeting in December of 2010, they had planned $28,000 for all legal expenses in 2011 -- looks like they went a LITTLE over budget.

I'm sure they couldn't care less. What they will probably do is take money from the firefighters(or something else essential) to pay for this, then tell everyone that unless they pass a millage they will close down fire stations. Then everyone will vote to pass it and think they are just funding the fire station and not anti-freedom lawsuits.

xmanhockey7

Well think about it guys. A public library should seek a lawsuit regarding state firearm laws, if not them, well someone else probably could but hey they have tax payer money so why not?

PDinDetroit

As of 2/29/12, $70,154.60 is the current amount paid by CADL to it's attorney's. 372 billable hours @$185 per hour plus $1,334.60 in fees/mileage/ect. That is the residents of the CADL area's tax dollars at work. Being used to strip the citizens of Michigan of their right to open carry. Pissed yet?

$70,154.60

Linky?

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Last edited:

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
It was a simple question.
Yes it was but you could have at least given it the old G.E.D. try if not the old college try. Not ripping on you, just as others have gone out of their way to help you; a few extra sentences is not that difficult is it? Especially if it can help many to gain a better understanding and possible get them to help in our battle to boot! Just saying....

stainless1911

Banned
This was a case where I was hoping that someone with more insight, closer to the facts of the case would offer a more thorough explanation than I could. I know the general details of the case, and I understand its importance, but not its particulars.

Last edited:

HKcarrier

Lansing could have hired an additional police officer if they wouldn't be fighting this battle....

Michigun

Hi - Michigun,
To expand on the text challenged Stainless1911's post above :rolleyes: The case is still waiting for a scheduling date in the court of appeals to the best of my knowledge.
thanks, thats what i thought, but the post of the amount of money had me thinking maybe a judge made a ruling.

carry on!