• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Purchased my first plastic gun!

porterhouse83

Got myself a gen4 glock19 and my girl bought a S&W m&p 9c. I am very happy with the purchases. The 9mm round is in my opinion a perfect little round for defense. I see no need for a .40 when there is .357 mags, 357 sig, 10mm, and .45s. Glock is no 1911 which is my first choice but it sure is nice for many reasons.

porterhouse83

Just be careful not to suffer with "Glock Leg Syndrome" .. =)

Your trigger finger is your best safe.. heh

--Rob

Seeing how I practice regularly drawing my firearm and know not to ever touch the trigger as you draw I don't see that being a problem and I don't use one of the holsters where you have a latch on the trigger guard and need to push the button in order to draw your gun. If I suffer from idiot syndrome I do not need to be carrying a firearm.

Bellum_Intus

Seeing how I practice regularly drawing my firearm and know not to ever touch the trigger as you draw I don't see that being a problem and I don't use one of the holsters where you have a latch on the trigger guard and need to push the button in order to draw your gun. If I suffer from idiot syndrome I do not need to be carrying a firearm.

It was kinda a joke, I kid a lot.. I know nobody in the Colorado forum anyway suffers from ID10T syndrome =)

Great firearm, and I agree with you on the 9mm thing. While in the Army, someone once told me ".45 caliber makes up for bad marksmanship" lol..

--Rob

porterhouse83

It was kinda a joke, I kid a lot.. I know nobody in the Colorado forum anyway suffers from ID10T syndrome =)

Great firearm, and I agree with you on the 9mm thing. While in the Army, someone once told me ".45 caliber makes up for bad marksmanship" lol..

--Rob

I knew you were kidding :D. I was just sayin. Shooting yourself in the leg is as dumb as it gets lol.

ps. I don't know what to say to the marksmanship comment, thats too funny!

Last edited:

Bellum_Intus

I knew you were kidding :D. I was just sayin. Shooting yourself in the leg is as dumb as it gets lol.

haha! pretty much.. I dry present at least 10 minutes a day with my TEN year old 92FS.. I do train quite a bit in close quarter defense scenarios as well (firing from Close Guard Position) so I am a bit obsessive with safe presentation and TONS of dry fire.

Enjoy, and if you ever want some free range time, let me know, my pasture is my range.. =)

--Rob

porterhouse83

haha! pretty much.. I dry present at least 10 minutes a day with my TEN year old 92FS.. I do train quite a bit in close quarter defense scenarios as well (firing from Close Guard Position) so I am a bit obsessive with safe presentation and TONS of dry fire.

Enjoy, and if you ever want some free range time, let me know, my pasture is my range.. =)

--Rob

I got to b e honest, I have been dying to find a place to shoot outside of a public range. I do not feel safe at public ranges. I know I could learn a lot from you too. I do not practice the stuff you practice so your abilities far out way mine.

Bellum_Intus

I got to b e honest, I have been dying to find a place to shoot outside of a public range. I do not feel safe at public ranges. I know I could learn a lot from you too. I do not practice the stuff you practice so your abilities far out way mine.

I am hoping to knock out an NRA Intsructor course this summer so I can start training, I finally found someone locally who provides the classes sooo.. =)

I can give you tips for sure, but don't want to start training until I have the Certification done and I have INSURANCE (trainers) :p
I see you are in Wheatridge, I think that's about 2-2.5 hours from me.

--Rob

porterhouse83

I am hoping to knock out an NRA Intsructor course this summer so I can start training, I finally found someone locally who provides the classes sooo.. =)

I can give you tips for sure, but don't want to start training until I have the Certification done and I have INSURANCE (trainers) :p
I see you are in Wheatridge, I think that's about 2-2.5 hours from me.

--Rob

Yeah its a drive lol

since9

Campaign Veteran

--Rob

You know what might be cool? A Saturday potluck with an afternoon shoot and evening cookout! I have a friend east of Peyton who hosts an annual get-together, usually beginning around noon. It's an over-nighter, including whatever you want grilled over an open fire. As for dossing, he simply says "bring your camping gear" and offers his range. Farm-style breakfast with about three dozen eggs scrambled in a massive 24" skillet.

Good times!

Just an idea... :)

1supra

You know what might be cool? A Saturday potluck with an afternoon shoot and evening cookout! I have a friend east of Peyton who hosts an annual get-together, usually beginning around noon. It's an over-nighter, including whatever you want grilled over an open fire. As for dossing, he simply says "bring your camping gear" and offers his range. Farm-style breakfast with about three dozen eggs scrambled in a massive 24" skillet.

Good times!

This, or a lunch meet and greet then head out to said pasture range and cookout.

Bellum_Intus

Good times!

That'd be cool.. I've only got one lane w/ 10 /25/ 50 /100 yard markers.. I'll be building more lanes, but my neighbor gets mad at my constant "hey can I borrow the bobcat again?" :p

--Rob