• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Remington 1911 R1 Pistol Holster???

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
I decided to join Springfield1911 and others who open carry 1911 style pistols so this past weekend at the Union Grove gun show I bought one of those new fangled Remington R1 1911 pistols. Now my question is will the standard type Colt 1911 (full size) pistol holster fit this firearm? I think the dimensions are the same as most other full size 1911 pistols but so far I cannot find any information to support my claim.

I won't be open carrying this pistol until I put at least 500 rounds through it and get comfortable with single action pistol carry again.

I am looking at one of these:http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=111451

Bianchi 19L Thumbsnap Holster Right Hand 1911 Suede Lined Leather Tan

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
I think the Bianchi will fit too. Thanks.

If anyone else on the forum has a Remington 1911 R1 your input on holsters would be greatly welcomed!

littlewolf

I decided to join Springfield1911 and others who open carry 1911 style pistols so this past weekend at the Union Grove gun show I bought one of those new fangled Remington R1 1911 pistols. Now my question is will the standard type Colt 1911 (full size) pistol holster fit this firearm? I think the dimensions are the same as most other full size 1911 pistols but so far I cannot find any information to support my claim.

I won't be open carrying this pistol until I put at least 500 rounds through it and get comfortable with single action pistol carry again.

I am looking at one of these:http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=111451

Bianchi 19L Thumbsnap Holster Right Hand 1911 Suede Lined Leather Tan
The Rem R1 is the replica of the colt 1911A1. remington also made them for the military back in the day. it is a a clone.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Thanks!

I just read an article about the Remington 1911 made for the U.S. Gov't in 1918. There was an order for 500,000 but since the war ended two months after the order was implemented just over 21,000 were actually made. So that makes the WW1 version of the 1911 pretty rare.

I never knew that they were rare and many years ago I actually fired several Remington Rand 1911's. Now I wish I had one of those.

OK...I know which holster to order. Thanks!

w8asa

Any full size 1911 Holster...

should fit. I have a 1911R1, and have a couple holsters which were made for full-size 1911s. Both fit perfectly.