• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Philly Police Harass, Threaten to Shoot Man

amlevin

I
We need to go back to a time when courts through out cases that lacked mens rea.

Are you saying that courts totally disregarded actus reus. The fact that the person comitted the crime had no relevance in the case before the Court?

Isn't it job of the Jury to be the trier of fact? To determine if there was actus reus? And use mens rea to assess the level of punishment to be levied? The prosecutor is merely there to present the facts, the rest is up to a jury.

FWIW, the modern penal code is pretty much in english now. Latin is even fading away in the most Latin of institutions, the Catholic Church.

sudden valley gunner

What I am saying that actus reas without mens rea should not even be prosecuted and brought before the jury. Never mind the fact that the judge and prosecutor now totally ignore nullification and give the jurors strict orders on how to rule. What we have now is cases like Josh's. Josh did nothing illegal yet was charged and found guilty of a crime.

When prosecutors and judges allow prosecutors and law enforcement to proceed with these type of cases, it destroys/has destroyed the legal system which was intended to be a protection for us against government not the other way around.

Oliver Wendell holmes shows the important of intent in his statement that "even a dog distinguishes between being stumbled over and being kicked". Yet many in our legal system and those who support them would want us to believe there is no difference.

I would also like to point out that the saying "ignorance is no excuse" has no founding and no place in our legal system. Yet this has become quite the common saying.

Juries do have the duty to judge based on facts but also on the above reasoning I pointed out. Prosecutors should be interested in "all the facts" of the case and presenting them equally and not in just winning a conviction.

jbone

This Audio speaks! No doubt the officer was stark raven mad, and his idiotic temperament escalated the situation before he spoke his first word s of hey Junior. But, if I have a stark raving mad Officer with fire in his eyes, addressing as hey Junior, me in his sights, and agitated to no end, with a vocabulary of ****, ****, and more **** I think I would do as he says. Why, to ensure he’s the defendant, and not me, or worse dead by this madmans fatal shot.

Add: On the last audio did I hear at time approx 7:38 a voice say you're not reporting me after some mention of internal affairs?

Last edited:

jbone

What do we do about it???
Start an organization and go national, a social movement! Just as the gay and Lesbians, illegal aliens, civil rights and so-on. It's a numbers game with strong political and special interest $ backing. OCDO is a movement, talking about LE abuse of power on OCDO is just talking.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

Start an organization and go national, a social movement! Just as the gay and Lesbians, illegal aliens, civil rights and so-on. It's a numbers game with strong political and special interest $ backing. OCDO is a movement, talking about LE abuse of power on OCDO is just talking.

Yes we need to be proactive ....

xxx.jakk.xxx

This Audio speaks! No doubt the officer was stark raven mad, and his idiotic temperament escalated the situation before he spoke his first word s of hey Junior. But, if I have a stark raving mad Officer with fire in his eyes, addressing as hey Junior, me in his sights, and agitated to no end, with a vocabulary of ****, ****, and more **** I think I would do as he says. Why, to ensure he’s the defendant, and not me, or worse dead by this madmans fatal shot.

Add: On the last audio did I hear at time approx 7:38 a voice say you're not reporting me after some mention of internal affairs?

Mark was asking for his recorder back and the guy said "You're not recording me" as he was saying no. I think that may have been what you heard.