• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Started a "bail out" fund for donations.

TaurusToter

Campaign Veteran
As everyone in the WI forums are aware, one of our members was recently arrested. People are asking for a hat to be passed. I decided to set up the hat. Raising money (initially for MKEgal) for bailing out people who are stuck.

When the pot hits the bail out, I'll go down and bail her out.

After this is all said and done, I can either close the account or leave it open. I would like to leave that idea up to the mods and other WCI members, maybe even move it over to the WCI for them to run.

It's a Paypal account, please make donations payable to XXXXXXX@XXXXXXXX

Any other ideas/suggestions, please feel free to PM me.

Last edited:

TaurusToter

Campaign Veteran
MKEGal posted bail. I locked out the email address for the donations. All donations will be returned once Paypal finishes posting/processing.

Thanks to all that donated.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
MKEGal posted bail. I locked out the email address for the donations. All donations will be returned once Paypal finishes posting/processing.

Thanks to all that donated.

Think that closing out the account and returning the funds was premature. Most people would want to help w/o limiting to one phase. Don't know MKEgal's financial situation (not my business) but I suspect that all assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Glad to hear that she can get home and get back to her life.

This is not over yet - not by a long shot.

There will be a lot of stress, even in the best of circumstances.

TaurusToter

Campaign Veteran
Think that closing out the account and returning the funds was premature. Most people would want to help w/o limiting to one phase. Don't know MKEgal's financial situation (not my business) but I suspect that all assistance will be greatly appreciated.

This is not over yet - not by a long shot.

There will be a lot of stress, even in the best of circumstances.

I haven't had a chance to start sending funds back, since I'm not at my computer. I think keeping a fund open to help bail out other OC'ers in the future that get harrassed/arrested, however I don't have time or the means to keep this going. I travel for a living, and am not always around (usually I'm not even in the state of WI). If someone else would like to take the reins on this project, I'll happily hand them over.

Sent with Tapatalk

Last edited:

TyGuy

She's out now, but can I still donate? I was bust last night and most of today. I missed the initial request. Being a fib it's about all I can do, as i live far away.

TyGuy

I'll be busy most of today too. So please pm me if you are still accepting donations to cover bail/lawyer.

BROKENSPROKET

I haven't had a chance to start sending funds back, since I'm not at my computer. I think keeping a fund open to help bail out other OC'ers in the future that get harrassed/arrested, however I don't have time or the means to keep this going. I travel for a living, and am not always around (usually I'm not even in the state of WI). If someone else would like to take the reins on this project, I'll happily hand them over.

Sent with Tapatalk

I would say, if all those that donated, consent to transfer to a legal defense fund, then let her set one up and then transfer it over.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Anybody got a link leading regarding the situation and the arrest? I will donate as well if I can get some more information.

Edit: Nevermind. I found the thread. Not too information but with what we know it looks pretty wrong.

Somebody start a Legal Defense Fund and post it in the General Discussion forum. I guarantee you will get out-of-state donations.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Anybody got a link leading regarding the situation and the arrest? I will donate as well if I can get some more information.

Edit: Nevermind. I found the thread. Not too information but with what we know it looks pretty wrong.

Somebody start a Legal Defense Fund and post it in the General Discussion forum. I guarantee you will get out-of-state donations.

The original thread is lengthy, but the are gems within,
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?96858-Being-hassled-by-Milwaukee-PD-right-now

TyGuy

Again please pm me if funds are needed either for bail, impound fee, replacing the frirearm, lawyers, etc....

Grant Guess

Just spoke to MKEgal and any help that can be given would be deeply appreciated. She will be setting up a PayPal acct to help offset legal fees (first court date in Monday @ 08:30 and second is Monday @ 13:30). She will personally post the PayPal address here at some point tomorrow.

Krysta does not have the resources available in emergency funds to deal with this and still be able to cover normal living bills. Yes, things are that tight. Any and all assistance would be appreciated immensely. She looks forward to some degree of normalcy and is hoping to put this entire episode behind her as quickly as possible.

On behalf of Krysta, I appreciate your thoughts and support.

MKEgal

New email set up & linked to my PayPal account:
mkegal.legal@yahoo.com

ANY help is appreciated.
Seriously.
Some people have already told me they can't give money because of their financial situation, & (being there myself) I completely understand.
So give me a hug when you see me.
Don't let nasty comments go unchallenged.
Those actions are free.

There have been people (OC/2A) across the country in need now & then, & usually I could only send $5, but a lot of $5 adds up to getting my car out of the tow lot. (Or rather, paying Dave back for loaning me the money to get the car out of the impound lot.)

I am completely overwhelmed by not only the situation, but the number of people offering to help in various ways. Thank you all.
Knowing that I'd been on the phone w/ Paul & telling him what was happening (until they forced me to hang up) gave me hope that "enough" friends would get the word & somehow get me free... and it worked. (Also got word to my lawyer.)

More as I'm able...

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Money on the way! Let me know if I need to have a few more Ramen Noodle dinners - I can squeeze a few more bucks if the need is there.

And you are right - it's the small donations of a few bucks that mount up.

We owe Krysta our support - not because she went out of her way to be a "hero" and take on the jackbooted thugs but because she refuses to cave in and let them get away with jackbootery. She's a veteran, and that means she's been through it too many times (once is two times too many). Let's help her make the MPD understand they are not going to be allowed to get away with it.

Get the car out of impound and listen to your attorney. As much as we all want to hear every detail we can wait until the appropriate time.

stay safe.