• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

10 Million Gun Owner March – Washington, DC – 25 May 2013

DamonK

I do believe that I'll try and make that. Ah the beauty of being retired! Can anyone tell me if there's a way to legally open carry at this event?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

KYGlockster

Activist Member
I do believe that I'll try and make that. Ah the beauty of being retired! Can anyone tell me if there's a way to legally open carry at this event?

Please tell me this is sarcasm?

You CANNOT carry a firearm in Washington D.C., nor can you even have one unless you go through the 2A infringing registration and training process.

A bunch of people will show up to waste their time. When will people realise that the current administration and Congress do NOT care about what we think or want?

DamonK

Wasn't being sarcastic, just thought there might be a way. Oh well, have fun being bitter.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Most gun control bills are DOA in congress ... I would rather spend my energies dealing with state issues ...

And I'm in nazi-land here ... unless I learn how to hypnotize ... I will not have any affect on my fed. reps.

1911 Enthusiast

Preliminary Planning: Gun Owner's march on the National Mall, Washington DC

http://www.gunmarch.com

Saturday May 25th, 2013

Note to Old Virginia Joe, I also sent the link to VanCleave so he can decide whether to publish the info in the VCDL alert. I'd sure like to see the goal of a 10M gun owner's march become a reality...especially if there were a sea of orange GSL stickers on the news coverage.

Old Virginia Joe

Thanks for the heads-up THIS time! One caution on that expected "news coverage." I was at the massive 2009 Tea Party March in D.C., and we were left with very little coverage (if any?) on that massive crowd. The media is a joke anymore. They know how it galls the right to be ignored that way. If a tree falls in the forest, and no one is there to hear it, did it make a noise? If a million marchers go to DC, and the press doesn't tell anyone (including the elected representatives), did it really happen?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
A fancy web page with no information about who the people are behind this event.

I don't care what the cause is, I want to know who is the driving force behind it. Even if this is a true "grass roots" thing that sort of grew up around folks sitting around (literally and on the internet) talking about wanting to "do something" there has to be a core bunch that, among other things, "secures the venue". So, who are they?

"But skidmark," you ask, "Why does it make any difference who it is so long as the reason for the march is clean and pure?"

Well, let me answer my own question: it matters because until we know who is behind this we will not know if the reason is clean and pure. For all I know the Brady Bunch and Mayor Bloomberg's Illegal Mayors Against Guns could be setting this up to be able to use facial recognition to ID gun owners or other "radicals". It could be a plot by the BATFEieio to get gun owners away from their guns in order to stage confiscatory raids. It could be a plot by somebody's wife and her boyfriend to get hubby away for the weekend. It might even be the brainstorm of the National Association of Folks Who Work in the Hotel/Motel Industry to drum up business during a slack period.

Normally an event of this magnitude takes at least a year of planning. Demonstrations of significantly smaller size were set up and carried out in as little as a week (don't ask me how I know; the statute of limitations has not expired). But there is no such thing as a "spontaneous" demonstration. Someone is behind it. Someone's money is behind it. If the folks attending one of those demonstrations I mentioned knew whose money was behind it they would be quite upset. Without going into detail, "the opposition" bought and paid for a demonstration so they could manipulate it.

Who are the people behind that web page? Who are the people behind the demonstration, and are they the same folks as behind the web page?

stay safe.

PS - Yes, I have asked them. We'll see if I get a response and what it would be.

pyite

Kind of shady that there is nothing on the page warning about DC's restrictive gun laws for out of town visitors (and residents for that matter).

Empty holster = OK, everything else leave at home.

Blk97F150

Poor planning. This is currently scheduled for the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend.... the same weekend that about 3-400,000 motorcyclists will be in DC for Rolling Thunder.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Poor planning. This is currently scheduled for the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend.... the same weekend that about 3-400,000 motorcyclists will be in DC for Rolling Thunder.

So you are saying they have no idea what they are doing? Couldn't agree more.

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
?????

There are certain questions/concerns about this that are not answered by that link.

Who is funding this? What planning has gone into this event? There is not even a caution about carrying in D.C.

Do the sponsors know that Rolling Thunder is scheduled for the same weekend and as a consequence there will likely be no accommodations available?
http://dc.about.com/od/specialevents/a/RollingThunder.htm

Some concerns articulated here:
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...er-s-march-on-the-National-Mall-Washington-DC

WalkingWolf

There are certain questions/concerns about this that are not answered by that link.

Who is funding this? What planning has gone into this event? There is not even a caution about carrying in D.C.

Do the sponsors know that Rolling Thunder is scheduled for the same weekend and as a consequence there will likely be no accommodations available?
http://dc.about.com/od/specialevents/a/RollingThunder.htm

Some concerns articulated here:
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...er-s-march-on-the-National-Mall-Washington-DC

I am sure they are aware Rolling Thunder will be there, most bikers are gun owners and this would increase the numbers, and that is what they are looking for to swarm DC. I would hope most people are responsible to learn the laws of DC before they go. I see no reason why it could not be a empty holster demonstration though.

jsfrederick

A fancy web page with no information about who the people are behind this event.

I don't care what the cause is, I want to know who is the driving force behind it. Even if this is a true "grass roots" thing that sort of grew up around folks sitting around (literally and on the internet) talking about wanting to "do something" there has to be a core bunch that, among other things, "secures the venue". So, who are they?

"But skidmark," you ask, "Why does it make any difference who it is so long as the reason for the march is clean and pure?"

Well, let me answer my own question: it matters because until we know who is behind this we will not know if the reason is clean and pure. For all I know the Brady Bunch and Mayor Bloomberg's Illegal Mayors Against Guns could be setting this up to be able to use facial recognition to ID gun owners or other "radicals". It could be a plot by the BATFEieio to get gun owners away from their guns in order to stage confiscatory raids. It could be a plot by somebody's wife and her boyfriend to get hubby away for the weekend. It might even be the brainstorm of the National Association of Folks Who Work in the Hotel/Motel Industry to drum up business during a slack period.

Normally an event of this magnitude takes at least a year of planning. Demonstrations of significantly smaller size were set up and carried out in as little as a week (don't ask me how I know; the statute of limitations has not expired). But there is no such thing as a "spontaneous" demonstration. Someone is behind it. Someone's money is behind it. If the folks attending one of those demonstrations I mentioned knew whose money was behind it they would be quite upset. Without going into detail, "the opposition" bought and paid for a demonstration so they could manipulate it.

Who are the people behind that web page? Who are the people behind the demonstration, and are they the same folks as behind the web page?

stay safe.

PS - Yes, I have asked them. We'll see if I get a response and what it would be.

Could not have said it better myself. Right on Skid!

Old Virginia Joe

So, I guess you are figuring that these unidentified people may have nefarious purposes for setting this up, either to make it so poorly organized that it fails, so the left can point it out as an example of gun "hick's" ineptitude and ignorance, or so that it turns into an "arrest fest" to illustrate how we're not law-abiding folks as we claim to be, or something worse. I can see that possibility. I wonder how organized the American Revolution was, though . . . . . .

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Could not have said it better myself. Right on Skid!

This comes up once in a while JS.

The million gun owner demonstrations that I've seen, that were planned like this especially by Outtastaters, are flops.

There was one in particular that was set up by a really mouthy fellow from Georgia, where there was to be a mass of rifle toting people on the Va/DC line.....got a few people but hardly instilled the fear in the Government, he said it would.

Well planned demonstrations are good. Poorly planned ones make us look like a small group of silly radicals. Demonstrations that are designed to make us look bad often do exactly that.

Last edited:

77zach

Kind of dumb

Why not a 10,000 gun owner march at all of the state capitols demanding nullification of federal gun laws? Kicking ATF out of the states? Colorado just fell to the civilian disarmament advocates. The state are where the fight is, IMO.