• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

good writing---interesting related story on MSN

mel.380

Hi y'all. Been following the forums since '08, lots of good info, pro and con, from all contributors. Hope I'm in the right forum.
I'm interested in your comments on a story that appeared on US News(MSN) today concerning George Zimmerman.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...e-chief-has-concerns-about-zimmerman#comments

One commenter suggested "All gun toters should man up and wear their firearms in hip holsters just like their heroes in the Old West." He seems to respect our rights to OC as well as we respect his rights to disagree and "avoid" us. No problem there except he comes on as just a 'hater'.

Here's his comment:

MkeMike
"All gun toters should man up and wear their firearms in hip holsters just like their heroes in the Old West.

That way, the rest of us can see them, choose to avoid them, refrain from hiring them, or interacting with them in any way, and they can live with the consequences of being societal outcasts. If owning a gun is a choice, choosing not to be around people with guns should also be a choice. Concealed carry is for wussies that are afraid to let everyone know they are toting a firearm. Let us protect our children, ourselves, and our businesses, by staying away from the gun toters. Identifying the gun nut is the first key element."

What do you think?

Last edited:

jfmi

It's the same people that think the police are there to serve and protect them personally, so why should ordinary people need guns? And, to be blunt, they are sheeple and would rather be victims. We must be very bad people to put our/family's safety first. Bad guys will not wait for the police. Police are the clean-up crew.

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
Hi y'all. Been following the forums since '08, lots of good info, pro and con, from all contributors. Hope I'm in the right forum.
I'm interested in your comments on a story that appeared on US News(MSN) today concerning George Zimmerman.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...e-chief-has-concerns-about-zimmerman#comments

One commenter suggested "All gun toters should man up and wear their firearms in hip holsters just like their heroes in the Old West." He seems to respect our rights to OC as well as we respect his rights to disagree and "avoid" us. No problem there except he comes on as just a 'hater'.

Here's his comment:

MkeMike
"All gun toters should man up and wear their firearms in hip holsters just like their heroes in the Old West.

That way, the rest of us can see them, choose to avoid them, refrain from hiring them, or interacting with them in any way, and they can live with the consequences of being societal outcasts. If owning a gun is a choice, choosing not to be around people with guns should also be a choice. Concealed carry is for wussies that are afraid to let everyone know they are toting a firearm. Let us protect our children, ourselves, and our businesses, by staying away from the gun toters. Identifying the gun nut is the first key element."

What do you think?

Odd; no one treats me any differently when I OC or CC. Perhaps mkemike is projecting his own fears on the general populace? Anyone feel like a societal outcast? Not me....

FreeInAZ

It's the same people that think the police are there to serve and protect them personally, so why should ordinary people need guns? And, to be blunt, they are sheeple and would rather be victims. We must be very bad people to put our/family's safety first. Bad guys will not wait for the police. Police are the clean-up crew.

You are far too kind. It is an example of punk @$$ americans who are the first to stomp their feet and scream mommy, daddy, big bro...HELP! They take no responsibility for their choices. They expect everyone else to respect their rights, yet they respect no one elses! This crap bag has no problem discriminating against someone simply for exercising their rights, and would see to it that no one who does can find a job, nice!

Many americans are very happy to see others rights stripped away, as long as it doesn't seem to interfer with their rights. What these lazy b@stards don't realize is: any violation of rights allowed to go unchecked, will eventually find us all. :eek:

Last edited:

eye95

Odd; no one treats me any differently when I OC or CC. Perhaps mkemike is projecting his own fears on the general populace? Anyone feel like a societal outcast? Not me....

He does have the right to "choose not to be around" me. However, unless I am on property he controls, it is his responsibility to remove himself from my presence, not vice versa. He is more than welcome leave the area when I arrive.