• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

And this is why we suggest not to ask before going somewhere

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
http://crimepreventionresearchcente...n-nashville-where-permit-holders-are-welcome/

It pertains only to those with permission slips but the "logic" behind asking is the same for OCing in your AO.

With the NRA convention just weeks away, the CPRC canvassed the restaurants on Broadway and 2nd Avenue in what is the tourist district of Nashville, an area that is right next to the new convention center where the NRA annual convention will be held. Permit holders are not allowed to carry (either concealed or open) in businesses that are posted. In Tennessee, it is also illegal for those carrying to drink any alcohol (think of it as these individuals being analogous to designated drivers). There are technically no bars in the state. Everything is a restaurant because they must sell a certain amount of food in order to have a liquor license. If you have a handgun permit and are carrying, or if you simply want to reward those establishments that serve permit holders, you might find this list of interest. More information will be added as we have a chance.

We interviewed the managers of many establishments because some places do not allow permitted concealed handguns even though they haven’t posted signs (many of the managers appeared unaware of state law). There were a number of places that were not posted but where the managers were adamant that they would not allow permit holders inside. Some went further and indicated that signs were going to be posted by the time of the NRA convention. In these cases, while one could legally enter the restaurant, if you are asked to leave you must do so. It is also possible that the establishment could call the police to get them to ask you to leave.

My head is hurting because I have been doing this :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: both while and after reading the article.

I know it does not apply to OCing but can someone explain to me just how an establishment manager is going to know is some with a permission slip is carrying or not? Will they be setting up metal detectors? Will they be frisking folks? (Can I get frisked by that cute redhead girl over there, please?)

Two (two!!) out of the 14 places they checked were already posted. Now they have given the management at thje other 12 places the heads-up to consider posting.

Smooth move! Really smooth move! The convention is going to be held mostly in a place that allows carrying. And something close tp 99 and 44/100ths of the participants are going to go out after the convention closes for the evening. And all this is happening in the "tourist district". Anybody want to guess how many hotel rooms might be broken into now that the NRA Convention attendees are being forced to leave their handguns behind?

Smooth move! Really smooth move! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Pro tip for anybody attending the NRA Convention. Spread the word that you will be staying in your room evenings and will charge a very reasonable fee to babysit handguns for those going out for dinner/socialization. I bet you could turn a profit on the whole cost of attending the convention.

stay safe.

6L6GC

Smooth move

I agree with you 100% Skidmark. WHAT are those knuckleheads thinking???? I wish busy bodies would just spend their time going to highly productive pta meetings or feeding ducks at the local city park instead of going around stirring up trouble where there was none. Why, oh why, would someone go to the manager of an eating establishment and say "oh-hey! we're gonna be exercising our constitutional rights here, you cool with that? " Why not just keep their big yaps shut???

roN

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
This is a perfect opportunity to make a statement. Boycotts should be organized. The places that prohibit carry should be avoided and left empty while the businesses that allow carry are packed. Let them see that these policies cost them money.

The NRA isn't nearly that serious about it. There's no money in that FOR THEM.

DeSchaine

I actually think this is a good thing. Like gutshot said, boycott the places that dont allow permit holders, and leave them crying over the money they didnt get. Now the people that go to the convention have a nice little list of places they WONT be hassled in and can have a nice meal and a good time without worrying about some overbearing anti gun pansy screaming at them.

It not always about confronting the problem head on. A little soft warfare goes a long way.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Well, when we see what our NRA does about it, we'll see whether I was being insulting or prophetic. I've been a member longer than you, but I can recognize that as irrelevant.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Sooo - what about simply marching in front of these businesses passing out leaflets advising people of how dangerous these places are because of that policy?

Because when the CPRC does it, they reveal themselves to be the blithering idiots they really are.

If we did it, the media would just have a field day with it.

Take the high road...