• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Terrorists arrested in DC...

Dreamer

A dangerous band of Lemonade sellers were arrested in DC on the 20th, as part of a militant protest, supporting the evil pro-lemonade-stand rights of children in the US...

http://youtu.be/1CCLHS-lt7Q

Welcome to the new America of "Hope and Change" folks.

Take special note of the female officer and how she treats the videographer...

Last edited:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Yep, ridiculous. I give kudos to the kids who still went and bought lemonade even though the cops said no. The woman cop was way out of line when she shove the camera. I counted 4 unarmed lemonade sellers and about 20 armed cops. Over-reaction maybe?

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP I counted 4 unarmed lemonade sellers and about 20 armed cops. Over-reaction maybe?

Over-reaction!?!? Of course, not! The military shoulda run them off with tear gas and bayonets!*

My god, they cut the lemonade with ice! Do you hear me?!?!?! Ice, goddamit!!

Also, there was no way that was pastuerized! It was a public health hazard even greater Fukishima Daiichi #1.

But, worst of all, they had no license. They were comletely undercutting businesses who bought protection from the [strike]recognized mob[/strike] government in the form of licenses. Ten cents a cup!?! If that had gone on for an entire afternoon it would have skewed markets all over the world. Imagine the bubble! Imagine the mal-investment! Imagine the crash!

Jeezus, we're just lucky those eagle-eyed public servants made their move when they did!

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonus_Army

KBCraig

But, worst of all, they had no license. They were comletely undercutting businesses who bought protection from the [strike]recognized mob[/strike] government in the form of licenses. Ten cents a cup!?! If that had gone on for an entire afternoon it would have skewed markets all over the world. Imagine the bubble! Imagine the mal-investment! Imagine the crash!

"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion – when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing – when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors – when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don’t protect you against them, but protect them against you – when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice – you may know that your society is doomed."
– Ayn Rand

jbone

The real craziness comes when they are arrested, but the Verizon union thug that used his kid as a human shield doesn’t get fired, or arrested (I hope he has).
Maybe the lemonade Liberation needs a corrupt union to protect them.

Gunslinger

"When lemonade is outlawed, only thirsty people will drink it..." Where were the swat clowns? These criminals look dangerous...what if they had a knife to cut the lemons? The heroic Stormtroopers showed great restraint in forebearing their usual shoot everyone and then deny it tactics.

Then there is the "I'm just following orders..." How'd that work for the nazis at Nuremberg?

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
My Response

Dear D.C. Cops / Park Police: REMEMBER YOUR OATH OF OFFICE! It's to our CONSTITUTION, not some interoffice memo.

Of course you violated their rights! That's what happens when you forget your oath of office -- your loyalty becomes confused to the point where American's exercising their Constitutional rights becomes confused in your minds as "the enemy."

I too took an oath, and my commission came directly from the President of the United States of America. My oath talked about defending our Constitution against all enemies "foreign and domestic." You might ask, "what's a domestic enemy?" Simple - it's those people who FORGET their oaths of office, those who say, "I don't make the laws, Sir. I just enforce them." They're an enemy because they refuse to THINK. Their lyalties are to their job, not their country, and that's a violation of the oath they took.

Mindless automatons have no place in a free Republic like the U.S.