• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Harrisburg PA cop under investigation for shooting wife in buttocks

oldbanger

WalkingWolf

Well even if he is cleared he is probably going to be the butt of a few jokes. OTOH this brings a new meaning to covering your arse.

KBCraig

When someone is wrongfully shot using a police handgun, it's always passive voice: the "city-issued firearm discharged multiple times".

All on its own? Wow, there's something seriously wrong with that handgun!

Malcolm

I concur.

Weapons don't discharge on their own. But accidents do happen, LEO or not. Poor lady, she'll be eating ice cream for months. I'm guessing he'll be doing firearm safety classes for the rest of his career.

scott58dh

I Beat Ya' To It !

Officer William Owens was showing his gun to family and friends during a get-together at his Harrisburg home about 6 p.m. Saturday when his city-issued firearm discharged multiple times, striking Lakita Owens once...

William Owens said he's been on the force for 11 years, but he's been on disability leave ;) for the past 18 months...

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/05/da_harrisburg_cop_under_invest.html

Already was posted 05/28/12, On PA. thread.

Your post has more details now though.

:arrow:;http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...sburg-Police-Officer-Accidentally-Shoots-Wife

Last edited: