• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Grand Rapids Gun and Knife show

SpringerXDacp

What do you mean "zip tied"?

Most gun shows in the US do not allow loaded, "civilian" carry (holstered handguns) in the show unless you're LE, either in uniform or plain clothes if you have your creds with you. If you're not LE, they make you unload your Roscoe and they run a zip-tie through the action. Some shows will confiscate your mag(s) until you're ready to leave.

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
When I went, it was 1911 condition 1 with two full mags. No comments, no problems.

If they do try to disarm you, ask for a refund, and leave!

I believe the zip tie & chamber check is for people too cheap to rent a table for $30, and just bring stuff & wander around half the day, hoping someone will buy their Moisin for $200...

Edit to add- just sent them an email to confirm that lawful carry is OK. Will advise on their response.

Last edited:

Raggs

When I went, it was 1911 condition 1 with two full mags. No comments, no problems.

If they do try to disarm you, ask for a refund, and leave!

I believe the zip tie & chamber check is for people too cheap to rent a table for $30, and just bring stuff & wander around half the day, hoping someone will buy their Moisin for $200...

Edit to add- just sent them an email to confirm that lawful carry is OK. Will advise on their response.

Joining us?

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
I'd go but, having been off work the last 2.5 months due to illness, I don't have the money to spend like I'd probably want to. I'd end up probably drooling on some gun that I'd really like to buy, but can't. To me, window shopping is pure torture. :( Of course, I still do it, looking at gunbroker.com and gallery of guns, and Bud's gun shop. Damn, I hope I get to go back to work soon. This is gonna kill me!

detroit_fan

I'd go but, having been off work the last 2.5 months due to illness, I don't have the money to spend like I'd probably want to. I'd end up probably drooling on some gun that I'd really like to buy, but can't. To me, window shopping is pure torture. :( Of course, I still do it, looking at gunbroker.com and gallery of guns, and Bud's gun shop. Damn, I hope I get to go back to work soon. This is gonna kill me!

better be careful, some shows i have been to have a "you drool on it, you bought it" policy ;)