• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Interesting OCer

.45ACPaddy

While at work yesterday (Saturday), I saw an OCer who was riding a Segway... Never saw someone do that!

Would it be anyone here?

jeeper1

The only person I have ever seen riding a Segway was an on duty Port Angeles police officer.

tombrewster421

I've seen a mail carrier in Seattle use a Segway. I don't think they're allowed to carry on the job though. Don't want them "going postal".

Vitaeus

Not sure a Segway would be defined as a vehicle, I doubt you need a Driver's License to use it and it is certainly not an enclosed cab.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I had this in my legal stuff.

RCW 46.04.670
Vehicle.

"Vehicle" includes every device capable of being moved upon a public highway and in, upon, or by which any persons or property is or may be transported or drawn upon a public highway, including bicycles. The term does not include power wheelchairs or devices other than bicycles moved by human or animal power or used exclusively upon stationary rails or tracks. Mopeds shall not be considered vehicles or motor vehicles for the purposes of chapter 46.70 RCW. Bicycles shall not be considered vehicles for the purposes of chapter 46.12, 46.16, or 46.70 RCW. Electric personal assistive mobility devices are not considered vehicles or motor vehicles for the purposes of chapter 46.12, 46.16, 46.29, 46.37, or 46.70 RCW.

[so again, the Segway is specifically not a vehicle, neither is a moped, nor a powerchair, nor a bicycle at least for certain sections]

LarryM

Almost ran slap over an idiot on a Segway with my 18-wheeler when he blew a don't walk sign. Good thing I was empty and able to stop short or that Segway would've been mine! LOL

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

Almost ran slap over an idiot on a Segway with my 18-wheeler when he blew a don't walk sign. Good thing I was empty and able to stop short or that Segway would've been mine! One of those rare times I'm glad I wasn't carrying! LOL

Clarify, please. I wouldn't want to jump to the wrong conclusion here.