• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Really hate the new site

bigdaddy1

I will be glad to help if I can. What are the missing features?

John

One thing that is missing is spell check, that helps keeps the spell nazi's at bay. Also what happened to all the smileys? The selection seems pretty pitiful. The baby blue color scheme may appeal to some, but its a bit hard on the old eyes. It seems hard to find some things, the layout just seems "off".

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
One thing that is missing is spell check, that helps keeps the spell nazi's at bay. Also what happened to all the smileys? The selection seems pretty pitiful. The baby blue color scheme may appeal to some, but its a bit hard on the old eyes. It seems hard to find some things, the layout just seems "off".

Spell check missing? If you're using Mozilla Firefox you can download Firefox 2 which will include this upgrade.
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/2.0/releasenotes/

Smileys do seem to be from two different schools and color options is something that has been discussed/requested by a few others.

Overall, I think the new server is fantastic improvement. It does take some time to become familiar with it. Thanks John for all of your hard work and effort.

Dreamer

Spell check missing? If you're using Mozilla Firefox you can download Firefox 2 which will include this upgrade.

If anyone is still using a version of firefox that is pre-2, they need to get out more often. I just installed the newest version last night, and it's up to version 3.6.8...

I like the new format. It seems to load faster, and the search functions are more detailed and seem to work faster.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I have pretty much gotten used to the new forum. Since it is free to me, I can't really complain.

I cannot make multiple quotes work like the old forum--a quote within a quote. If someone knows how, I wouldn't object to a PM or post explaining.

eye95

I have pretty much gotten used to the new forum. Since it is free to me, I can't really complain.

I cannot make multiple quotes work like the old forum--a quote within a quote. If someone knows how, I wouldn't object to a PM or post explaining.

Check the "+ button for each individual post. Cut the inner quote and paste it inside the outer quote.

eye95

Check the "+ button for each individual post. Cut the inner quote and paste it inside the outer quote.

For example.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
For example.
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by eye95
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Citizen

I still have to highlight the inner quote and click the quote icon to accomplish this.

And as you can see it did not work out quite right.

Last edited:

eye95

Cut, don't copy, the inner quote (with its opening and closing quote tags). Paste it immediately following the opening quote tag for the outer quote.

Last edited:

bigdaddy1

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/2.0/releasenotes/

Smileys do seem to be from two different schools and color options is something that has been discussed/requested by a few others.

Overall, I think the new server is fantastic improvement. It does take some time to become familiar with it. Thanks John for all of your hard work and effort.

Thats fine and dandy if you use firefox, I dont. I did however download a free spell check program. We'll see how it works.

petrophase

Campaign Veteran
Like the ease of navigation and the new features. The new "theme," i.e. color scheme and post box format, make it much harder for ME to actually read posts, though.

Last edited:

Window_Seat

I like the new site, and I have been able to pull up the full advanced message editor with the smileys:banana::monkey:shocker:, icons, etc. All you have to do is edit your profile, and look for message editor.

As far as the message editor features, I would like to see the "[STRIKE]strikethrough[/STRIKE]" feature. This feature is available on other vBulletin forums, including at Calguns.net. It would help when citing certain legislation where things are being repealed in gun laws.

Erik.