• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Woman held hostage and stabbed repeatedly at York County Walmart

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
What's next? Metal Detectors?

I understand they're working on a sign banning knives in their stores.
By the time they get around to banning anything that can possibly be used as a weapon, how are they going to enforce the bans? Have a metal detector at every door to check people coming in? Use the new airport image scanners that "see" down to your skivvies?

Actually, it won't be a problem .... with so many restrictions, no one will shop there...

karolynrgalarza

More proof that if you ban guns, psychos still have knives...Knives are so readily available, especially since we have them in all our households in the kitchen. I'd like to see their plans to ban knives, and how are they gonna pull that one off. Psychos will always find a way to kill you if they want to kill you.

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
It won't help much to put in metal detectors since they handily supply knives and many other potential weapons among their items for sale.

karolynrgalarza

They aren't gonna put up metal detectors.
The only thing they are gonna do is write some words on a piece of paper and post it on their window. And then they will assume that everyone will obey that piece of paper, because there are no such things as criminals.

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
The attorneys will require it...

They aren't gonna put up metal detectors.
The only thing they are gonna do is write some words on a piece of paper and post it on their window. And then they will assume that everyone will obey that piece of paper, because there are no such things as criminals.

Most signs and warning notices are put up because the corporate attorneys think that it will help them avoid liability when something bad happens. "It's not OUR fault, we TOLD them not to bring that [insert weapon of choice] into the store!"

All it will take is some court somewhere to affix liability because the store did not proactively prevent patrons from entering the store with a [insert weapon of choice]. Then, they'll have to make certain that anything they sell that could possibly be used as a weapon is in a locked case ....

A week after that ruling ... all retail stores will close and we will have to do all of our shopping over the internet...

Last edited:

Colt 1911

"Many customers were scared and children were crying during the ordeal, Dotson added."

The poor sheeple.

Remind me.. who needs a gun at walmart? :banghead:

Last edited:

Thundar

Recognizing hyperbole is not one of your strong suits. :p

It may be hyperbole in Virginia, but it is on the road to hell that the antis want all of us to walk.

Having banned guns and swords in Great Brittain, they have found that bad people still use tools to kill good people. They are now working on a sharp point knife ban. In the future you will only be able to buy knives with a rounded end. WHere does it end? (It doesn't because gun control isn't about guns, it is about control)

Live Free or Die,
Thundar

MSC 45ACP

What IF?

I know for a fact that I'm not the only one that OC's regularly (at least once a week) in THIS WalMart Super Center. I heard about this incident as it was going on from a classmate of my daughter. We were walking into the grocery store a couple miles up Rt 17 from WallyWorld when he told us. My first thought was "Darn, why couldn't I have been there? I may have been able to prevent or lessen the woman's injuries".

Then I thought more about it. What if.... The whole list goes on with a hundred scenarios. I'd like to think most of us think about these "What If's" constantly or at least a few times an hour. If you don't, you're an idiot. You should ALWAYS keep your eyes open and aware of your surroundings and play "What If" in your mind every time you enter a new situation. When driving, walking into the fast food place, the grocery store, etc.

What would YOU DO of you were in this WalMart and you were carrying?

Infidel

What would YOU DO of you were in this WalMart and you were carrying?

I KNOW what I would, the same as you!

A better question is WHY/ WHAT wou do IF you where unarmed like all the poor sheeple where? Let's see a store with a large assortment of Knives and Machette's and a sporting goods section with; oh Baseball Bats! I'm game! Play Ball...with his head!

TFred

Another update from the Daily Press. Sounds like it would have been pretty tough to intervene, even if you had been aware of the situation. Who goes into the Vision center, besides the people who are looking to get glasses?

TFred

http://www.dailypress.com/news/crime/dp-nws-walmart-folo-new,0,129047.story

Excerpt:

Sgt. Dennis Ivey Jr. (a York-Poquoson Sheriff's Office investigator) said the incident happened without warning. The victim was working when a man -- identified as her ex-boyfriend -- entered the optometry center with a "large, fillet-type butcher knife" that he had brought with him. The man "grabbed her and just stabbed her," Ivey said.

Despite some witness accounts Tuesday that the suspect ran through the Walmart wielding a knife, Ivey said the incident was "entirely contained" inside the optometry center.

When deputies first arrived at the scene after the 12:40 p.m. 911 call was received, the man had taken the woman behind a glass door and threatened to hurt her if they didn't back off. Two sheriff's office negotiators spoke with the man, but a SWAT "Emergency Response Team" was eventually sent into the store when it was decided that the situation was "escalating," Ivey said.​