• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Starbucks Spanaway

Sparky508

As this thread has gotten so long it has become tough too navigate, http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?81293-Harrassed-by-4-sheriffs-in-STARBUCKS!

and so many people have showed interest in meeting up there Saturday, I figured I would start this up to make it easier to discuss meeting there this weekend.

Sounds like 10:00 AM is the preferred time Saturday.

Correct me, please if this is not the right location, and I will edit to fix it:

15803 Pacific Ave S

See y'all there.

ainie

After reading what happened (at least the first several pages) and listening to the audio, I think a meetup there would be great. I am sure my hubby Genken will be there (he may not know that just yet!). Hope everything goes great!

Sparky508

After reading what happened (at least the first several pages) and listening to the audio, I think a meetup there would be great. I am sure my hubby Genken will be there (he may not know that just yet!). Hope everything goes great!

Sweet, and welcome to the board!

Ruby

Someone please tell me, is that this Saturday, October 2nd? I know we normally get together on the second Saturday. Could someone also give me the address of the Starbucks we are meeting at? I will do a Google Maps and find it. Thanks!

ainie

Sweet, and welcome to the board!

Thank you! I live in Texas and this will be Genken's last chance for a meetup before we start the move to a new base. Was really hoping there was one going on for his last weekend up there!

Sparky508

Someone please tell me, is that this Saturday, October 2nd? I know we normally get together on the second Saturday. Could someone also give me the address of the Starbucks we are meeting at? I will do a Google Maps and find it. Thanks!

15803 Pacific Ave S Spanaway

This Saturday, 10:00AM.

Not a substitute for the second Saturday, just an impromptu in support of Tom and the awesome job he did in dealing with his run in with the Pierce County Sheriff's deputies.

Last edited:

Sparky508

Correct, this meet is this Saturday the 2nd. It is not the normal 2nd Saturday Meet (as it is the 1st Saturday).

The second is saturday, but not the second saturday, nor our first or second meeting, probably normal, but probably not our normal meeting, or last, normal or otherwise, or saturday.......................................

Deleted_User

I will be there. This Starbucks is a tad SMALL so expect to be outside :) We had 8 today and we packed the place :)

See everyone there +3 for me.

devildoc5

Devil will 100% be there, especially since it is not only a show of support but also a "haha Genken your wife made you come again, and even on your last weekend up here!" :monkey:monkey:monkey

I will try and swing by and grab paddy too...

Deleted_User

Devil will 100% be there, especially since it is not only a show of support but also a "haha Genken your wife made you come again, and even on your last weekend up here!" :monkey:monkey:monkey

I will try and swing by and grab paddy too...

LMFAO! +1 to Devil, ainie, and the horse I rode in on!

dadada

Hello everyone, Frequent lurker, first time poster here! I'm kind of bypassing the normal introductions, hopefully that's not too much of a violation of normal forum decorum.

This issue, as well as the the audio of what happened to the OP has made my blood boil as it has for others. I'm a proponent of OC and 2A. I'm going to try and make it the the event as well, while open carrying. The one question I have is, if there are no members of the sheriffs office there, is there a point to this gathering? We already know that Starbuck's is ok with OC, and it seems that without a police presence(sp), it might as well be a meeting in someones back yard. Kind of the old saying "if a tree falls in the woods and no ones around to hear it, does it make a sound?" If no police are there to witness the gathering, is it just a boost to Starbucks profits?

Dave