• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Walk

Tucker6900

Hey all.

I am looking to get a group of people together to go for some Open Carry walks before the summer is over. Im not sure where just yet, was thinking Iowa City, Cedar Rapids areas. If you are interested, please let me know.

If you are intersted, PM me with your information.

Last edited:

IA_farmboy

Great! I am working on a time and place. Are you pretty flexible regarding a schedule?

Yes. My schedule is pretty open.

I was hoping there would be more people. There is safety in numbers, you know. What were you thinking? An after work on a week day? A Saturday afternoon in a park? Unless we can get a handful of people to show up there does not seem to be much of a point. That brings the question to mind, what is the point? Do you want to just get some face to face time with people from OCDO or did you intend to get the press involved and make it more of a political rally? Will there be some one speaking to those that gather? How much actual walking will be involved? I can't be on my feet too long.

You don't need to answer all of my questions. Consider them a part of the brainstorming process. Unless we see more responses here in the affirmative then this not going to be much of a "walk" but just a couple dudes meeting on the street.

matt2636

PM Me with your information. I will contact you with details once they are set.

Why not? What we will be doing is legal. And this walk is about exercising our 2nd amendment right.

cause its pretty liberal down there. I just don't think it would be a great place to start. Either way like you said its our right