• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FBI cuts down Mass. mom's door in wrong-home raid

John Canuck

It turns out agents were after the other tenant on the floor of the multiunit building who is suspected of dealing drugs.
http://news.yahoo.com/fbi-cuts-down-mass-moms-door-wrong-home-143434056.html

What happens if you are in your kitchen minding your own business, OC'ing your gun as some do in their own home, when a chainsaw starts cutting down your door?

http://www.krqe.com/dpps/news/stran...moms-door-in-wrong-home-raid-ob12-jgr_4060419

Last edited:

OC for ME

What was that line in Die hard:

Dwayne T. Robinson: We're gonna need some more FBI guys, I guess.

Let's not get started on this topic again.

She just hit the law suit lottery, that is if she wants to cash in her winning ticket.

PistolPackingMomma

What happens if you are in your kitchen minding your own business, OC'ing your gun as some do in their own home, when a chainsaw starts cutting down your door?

As a stay at home, OCing mom...well, let's just say in that situation, mother bears will be comparing themselves to me for the next several decades.

And +2 on that whole reading the address thing. Is it REALLY that hard?

09jisaac

Thats the thing, if someone sends a chainsaw through my door I will send some 124grs back. Of course I probably would have gotten gunned down in my own home, but there was no way of knowing who that was on the other side of the door. But you could easily guess that it wasn't your neighbor asking for sugar, or girl scouts.

Jack House

It turns out agents were after the other tenant on the floor of the multiunit building who is suspected of dealing drugs.
http://news.yahoo.com/fbi-cuts-down-mass-moms-door-wrong-home-143434056.html

http://www.krqe.com/dpps/news/stran...moms-door-in-wrong-home-raid-ob12-jgr_4060419
I would probably end up dead and we're just going to leave it at that. :uhoh:

DocWalker

OC for ME

How about a compromise?

Visualize this sign on all of your exterior doors:

"LE....CHECK THE ADDRESS ON THE DANGED WARRANT BEFORE NO_KNOCKING....THANKS, ARMED AND READY OCCUPANTS.":dude:

ThatOneChick

http://www.arktimes.com/arkansas/shot-in-the-dark/Content?oid=948430 would happen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kathryn_Johnston would happen.

http://www.westword.com/2000-02-24/news/unlawful-entry/ would happen.

Tipping the iceberg here. There are many more stories of wrong addresses, no announcing, etc.

The one story I've read that is the most disgusting thing I've ever heard: http://articles.latimes.com/2008/may/20/local/me-corrupt20

Really, really, really infuriates me.

PistolPackingMomma

sawah

I don't think they especially care if they have the right place, figuring they'll get the door to the abode of the 'suspected' drug user eventually.

OC for ME

The two later became friends, and Palomares recruited him to join a gang of friends, family and police associates he was assembling to rip off drug dealers. The crew committed about 40 robberies, attempted robberies and burglaries between 1999 and 2001, netting about $1 million in drugs and cash.

Ferguson and Palomares would wear their LAPD uniforms and badges and brandish weapons. They even stole police cars from the academy to make them seem more legitimate while conducting their bogus raids.
I guess we are supposed to accept that not a single officer on the force ,outside of the 'crew', had any idea what was going on.

Academy cop car dude: Yo!....where the heck are the cop cars?
LAPD dude: Nah....don't worry about it, they'll show up eventually.
Academy cop car dude: Yeah....I guess you're right, no big deal actually.

ThatOneChick

Excellent map, END_THE_FED. Thank you for sharing that.

I lived at an address where I was worried the previous owners' illegal activities would come back and bite me in the butt. I was concerned that there would be a raid from police or criminals looking for the previous owners. A raid did take place across the street from me and they were, in fact, looking for the previous owners. It's too bad the previous owners had moved out 5 years before. At least they had the right address, just not the right decade. :rolleyes:

Gil223

This is the FBI, folks... the same FBI that took almost two years to find well-known Patty Hearst with photographs of her, and knowledge of the group into which she had been conscripted/recruited! As with most government agencies, they are not known for their efficiency or precision of action. Pax...

KYKevin

Excellent map, END_THE_FED. Thank you for sharing that.

I lived at an address where I was worried the previous owners' illegal activities would come back and bite me in the butt. I was concerned that there would be a raid from police or criminals looking for the previous owners. A raid did take place across the street from me and they were, in fact, looking for the previous owners. It's too bad the previous owners had moved out 5 years before. At least they had the right address, just not the right decade. :rolleyes:

I have that worry every day. The house I bought was a rental for over 10 years before I bought it. They did come by once looking for a previous resident.

Another incident

There is another person in this town with the same name as me. Even same middle initial. Several times I have had a leo in the past few years show up looking for him. Last time it was a deputy sheriff with a warrant who asked if I was so and so and I said yes that is my name. She proceeded to read to warrant to me as she got out her handcuffs and the stopped mid sentence and said. Oh wait. your not black! I said uh no. She then said sorry, laughed and left. The sheriff dept got a nice call from me after that incident. Fortunately it has been three years since it has happened. I didn't carry back then. But I always worry. Especially since I open carry now. Apparently this guy has a record and if I get mistaken for him and they see me with a weapon things could get ugly. And I have this thing about getting shot. It hurts. I may change my name to Billy Joe Bob. I am sure there is no one in Kentucky with a name like that. :)

ThatOneChick

I have that worry every day. The house I bought was a rental for over 10 years before I bought it. They did come by once looking for a previous resident.

Another incident

There is another person in this town with the same name as me. Even same middle initial. Several times I have had a leo in the past few years show up looking for him. Last time it was a deputy sheriff with a warrant who asked if I was so and so and I said yes that is my name. She proceeded to read to warrant to me as she got out her handcuffs and the stopped mid sentence and said. Oh wait. your not black! I said uh no. She then said sorry, laughed and left. The sheriff dept got a nice call from me after that incident. Fortunately it has been three years since it has happened. I didn't carry back then. But I always worry. Especially since I open carry now. Apparently this guy has a record and if I get mistaken for him and they see me with a weapon things could get ugly. And I have this thing about getting shot. It hurts. I may change my name to Billy Joe Bob. I am sure there is no one in Kentucky with a name like that. :)

That is nuts. I can extremely empathize with how you feel about OCing and having that issue. I first started carrying and got my permit while at the previous address. I would stress thinking of the possibility of a raid, especially after I read about the cops doing illegal raids. How am I suppose to know who the "good guys" are? Makes me sick, really.

There are about 6 people in Texas with my exact name. :shocker:

Maybe you can change your name to Billy Joe Bob and move next door to KYKevin. ;)