• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Opportunity at Terry Satan and Hillary Anti-Christ Event in NOVA

Thundar

Kevin108

Before I clicked the link, I thought you wanted to protest at an atheist event. I didn't understand that, because all the atheists I know are libertarian.

ElectricTurtle

All the atheists I know are Libertarian or Democrats. Seems to be a requirement.

As a libertarian and atheist, I will admit to being a little confused by Christian libertarians (though Ron Paul himself is one). Being a well-read apostate I suppose I can see a Biblical precedent if I try hard enough (but then you can make damn near anything "Biblical" if you try hard enough due to its inherent moral ambiguity), in that "sin" is between men and Jehovah more than it is between men and the state outside matters of demonstrable harms to other persons (and even then there is some ambiguity given the evolution of community oversight in a Biblical context from theocratic judges to monarchs to the amorphous 'church leaders' of the New Testament which caused allllll kinds of mess before orthodoxy came along and sorted out all the conflicts... by killing anybody who disagreed, of course).

But yeah, aside from the ostensible separation of the "worldly" and the "divine" I don't understand how people who claim to be so interested in "morals" can sign off on a social order that is deliberately amoral. I suppose I'd know more about the common rationalizations if I bothered them about it, but I'm apostate, so I don't proselytize anymore. I mind my own damn business.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
As a libertarian and atheist, I will admit to being a little confused by Christian libertarians (though Ron Paul himself is one).

Where do you get that? Ron Paul is a Republican. He played at being a Libertarian for a while, but couldn't cut it. He claims to be libertarian in his thinking, but introduces legislation to dictate how other people live. That's not libertarian.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
All the atheists I know are Libertarian or Democrats. Seems to be a requirement.

Well, the Republicans decided they don't want anyone who can't pass a religious purity test, or so it seems from their words and actions. Where does that leave us non-Christians?

Thundar

Can't we all just get along?

I started the thread with what I thought was humor. I wanted to catch the attention of the reader and inform those that clicked of the opportunity to open carry outside the venue where HRC endorsed the Liar King.

It was not meant to ignite a religious/political ideology food fight.