• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cross draw vests?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Seems a lot like "wanabee" to me - not that there is anything wrong with wanabee.

Might work for free publicity too - but then it is free.

Could work to promote swatting and there is money to be made in being swatted.

Nope - can't really find anything no go about it.

If your boat floats, you may paddle it.

Last edited:

Freedom1Man

Does not look like it would be my flavor, the reviews on it tell me that I would end up hating it.

BUT for the price, IF it worked correctly it looks great.

Down side it that it only seems to fit compact models.

I think I will spend the money on a better made shoulder rig for my full sized GLOCK.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

decklin

If you really want to wear something like that go ahead. I think you're going to draw more attention with that than you realize. People will notice you.
That being said I wouldn't get that. It looks like junk. When it comes to load bearing equipment it's better to go with something MOLLE compatible. The problem with those fixed vests is one size does not fit all. You will want to be able to move your pouches and customize it to your needs.

Mainsail

The vest would look ridiculous for day to day carry, and the holster is wrong. The retention strap should be over the rear of the slide- NOT where it is in the photo which would interfere with establishing a grip prior to drawing. Of course, fumbling the gun and throwing it at the foot of an attacker seems perfectly appropriate for something that looks like that.

policestuff_2390_672742378

DeSchaine

If you're talking about for every day, then ugh. No. Those things absolutely are not worth it. Uncomfortable and a PITA to get sitting right even when you've got it fully loaded. Now, if you want to wear it for protests or rallies to make a statement, sure, why not.

Seriona

I had a same vest that was Woodland that I used for airsofting and my 1911 kept falling out because that strap that holds the pistol in would fall off but then again, I doubt you would be running everywhere.

Bill45

Sure that will enhance the open carry message. Sure it is legal to do but just like a man walking into a mall wearing a mini speedo with a "Get IT Here!" chest tattoo will attract all the attention he can stand and the attention will be unwelcome.

I hope you plan on standing around for long periods explaining yourself to the police every time you walk out your front door.

This will iritate some, but I took a poll of all my friends and aquaintenaces ( all are "gun nuts" and NRA members) and their first response to a exhibisionist with a gun is to call the cops or shoot first and then call the cops.

This rig is fine for the hunting camp or hiking the woods PLEASE do not show up in a Safeway dressed like Rambo- some real Rambo will be called and the scene will not be pretty.

I believe the goal of OPEN CARRY is to normalize firearms in public. If you open carry in such a manner as to rub the publics nose (who are at best ambivilent to guns) in it we will get a unwanted reaction. Remember, this is a deep blue state, not Idaho or Alaska. Unfortunatly.

Freedom1Man

I just remember some court ruling that said we couldn't wear camo clothes while open carrying. So I thought this might fall into that category.

I also like this rig....

https://uspalm.com/product/defender-handgun/
No ruling that I have read. I was wearing camouflage not to make any statement but rather because the material was comfortable and durable. All while OC and I have had the police harrass me for walking like that. It was the same attire I was wearing while going to the same destinations by automobile, I just had been living with a suspended license at the time.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

WalkingWolf

Great for airsoft games, too much junk, and too tactikewl for me. If you(general you) are going to buy one don't forget the CCW badge.:lol:

jsanchez

Sure that will enhance the open carry message. Sure it is legal to do but just like a man walking into a mall wearing a mini speedo with a "Get IT Here!" chest tattoo will attract all the attention he can stand and the attention will be unwelcome.

I hope you plan on standing around for long periods explaining yourself to the police every time you walk out your front door.

This will iritate some, but I took a poll of all my friends and aquaintenaces ( all are "gun nuts" and NRA members) and their first response to a exhibisionist with a gun is to call the cops or shoot first and then call the cops.

This rig is fine for the hunting camp or hiking the woods PLEASE do not show up in a Safeway dressed like Rambo- some real Rambo will be called and the scene will not be pretty.

I believe the goal of OPEN CARRY is to normalize firearms in public. If you open carry in such a manner as to rub the publics nose (who are at best ambivilent to guns) in it we will get a unwanted reaction. Remember, this is a deep blue state, not Idaho or Alaska. Unfortunatly.

I agree with you 100% I was thinking of it for hiking or primarily for when I go shooting up in the mountains I like the little ridge to keep the butt of the rifle from sliding off your shoulder part of the vest.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran

I believe the goal of OPEN CARRY is to normalize firearms in public......

View attachment 12819
Absolutely, it is unwise to create an enemy by your own obnoxious behavior.

I agree with you 100% I was thinking of it for hiking or primarily for when I go shooting up in the mountains I like the little ridge to keep the butt of the rifle from sliding off your shoulder part of the vest.

My my, If you had stated your intention at first post, you may have had a better reception.

ob·fus·cate
ˈäbfəˌskāt/Submit
verb
render obscure, unclear, or unintelligible.
"the spelling changes will deform some familiar words and obfuscate their etymological origins"
synonyms: obscure, confuse, make unclear, blur, muddle, complicate, overcomplicate, muddy, cloud, befog
"mere rationalizations to obfuscate rather than clarify the real issue"
bewilder (someone).
"it is more likely to obfuscate people than enlighten them"
synonyms: bewilder, mystify, puzzle, perplex, confuse, baffle, confound, bemuse, befuddle, nonplus; informalflummox
"her work became more and more obfuscated by mathematics and jargon"