• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Action taken on behalf of five men ticketed for wearing holstered handguns" Vilmetti

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
"Action taken on behalf of five men ticketed for wearing holstered handguns" Vilmetti

http://www.jsonline.com/news/wisconsin/104126829.html
comments said:
As a fellow LEO,I have never supported open OR CC.I think that we live in a day and age where ppl think they need to carry,simply b/c they can and thats ridicolous.WHen you walk into a restaurant full of kids and other families,and it clearly makes them uncomfortable,your making a scene than.There was zero need to have guns in that place,and than on top of it when the cops ask you for ID,you refuse?Isnt hat obstruction right there?All the cops wanted to do was make sure they were legally able to carry,once they found out they were,all is well,go on your way.These 5 men escalated the situation and caused themselves to get arrested.By saying no,and being so defiant I would have arrested them as well.As a cop you than have no idea if they are felons,so why would you turn a blind eye and leave them to dine with murderous weapons among others?!Typical stupid thinking by the 2nd amend. followers who have no real clue what the 2nd amend even is.I would love to know what "well regulated militia" these 5 men are a part of.Just b/c you can carry,doenst mean you need to.I have the right to carry my gun off duty,and NO I dont carry all the time,when I feel like Im going to a family orientated place I leave my gun in the car,or at home.This country doesnt need a bunch of vigilantes running around with pitchforks and torches.And the thought of"criminals have guns too!"is stupid as well!If thugs walked around with vicious pitbulls,would you justify owning a mountain lion?If they carried bazookas would you run out and buy a tank?!This isnt an "eye for an eye",after while that mentality leaves the world blind.Crime will always be around no matter what happens,but you think that just b/c you pack heat your doing your part in reducing it?There is alot more to shooting a gun and pointing and pulling a trigger,and most ppl have no more training with a pistol than shooting beer cans off the fence in their back yard.These 5 men deserved to be arrested.This isnt the wild west.
comments said:
Sweetwater_1 - Oct 01, 2010 12:05 AM

You had better hope the JS will go to court for you, as you have just committed a FEDERAL OFFENSE, that is right as a "Law Enforcement Officer" you have violated federal law by making that post.

According to: Law Enforcement Misconduct Statute, 42 U.S.C. § 14141

§ 14141. Cause of action
(a) Unlawful conduct
It shall be unlawful for any governmental authority, or any agent thereof, or any person acting on behalf of a governmental authority, to engage in a pattern or practice of conduct by law enforcement officers or by officials or employees of any governmental agency with responsibility for the administration of juvenile justice or the incarceration of juveniles that deprives persons of rights, privileges, or immunities secured or protected by the Constitution or laws of the United States.

What does this mean? Any LEO who speak directly against the free exercise of a constitution right is violating federal law.

Now, to the readers, here is a LEO knowingly and willingly violating the law. How can anybody really support Sweetwater_1's position against the state and federal constitutions? Way to violate your oath there Sweetwater_1.
I wonder why "SupportThe2nd" doesn't post so much here?

J.Gleason

Banned
I have argued with that sweetwater_1 douche before, and it was the first person I thought of when I started reading the quotes. He alleges he is a Milwaukee Police officer, but I doubt it.

I don't doubt it. There are many LEO just lurking here.

Remember the phrase,keep your friends close and your enemies closer?