• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

St Charles County OC city list

sohighlyunlikely

imported post

OClistStCharles12.jpg

Feel free to let me know if you have codes for me to read in any other towns in St Charles County or have any questions.

Doc

sohighlyunlikely

imported post

List updated: city of Cottleville added as OC legal with a CCW. Ordinance are as follows

SECTION 210.250: WEAPONS -- CARRYING CONCEALED -- OTHER UNLAWFUL USE
A. A person commits the offense of unlawful use of weapons if he/she knowingly:

1. Carries concealed upon or about his/her person a knife, a firearm, a blackjack or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use;

2. Sets a spring gun;

3. Discharges or shoots a firearm;

4. Exhibits, in the presence of one (1) or more persons, any weapon readily capable of lethal use in an angry or threatening manner;

5. Possesses a firearm or projectile weapon while intoxicated;

6.Carries a firearm or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use;

7. Carries a firearm, whether loaded or unloaded, or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use into any school, onto any school bus, or onto the premises of any function or activity sponsored or sanctioned by school officials or the district school board.

B. Subparagraphs (1), (3), (4), (6) and (7) of Subsection (A) of this Section shall not apply to or affect any of the following:

1. All State, County and Municipal Peace Officers who have completed the training required by the Police Officer Standards and Training Commission pursuant to Sections 590.030 to 590.050, RSMo., and possessing the duty and power of arrest for violation of the general criminal laws of the State or for violation of ordinances of Counties or Municipalities of the State, whether such officers are on or off duty, and whether such officers are within or outside of the law enforcement agency's jurisdiction, or any person summoned by such officers to assist in making arrests or preserving the peace while actually engaged in assisting such officer;

2. Wardens, superintendents and keepers of prisons, penitentiaries, jails and other institutions for the detention of persons accused or convicted of crime;

3. Members of the Armed Forces or National Guard while performing their official duty;

4. Those persons vested by Article V, Section 1 of the Constitution of Missouri with the judicial power of the State and those persons vested by Article III of the Constitution of the United States with the judicial power of the United States, the members of the Federal judiciary;

5. Any person whose bona fide duty is to execute process, civil or criminal;

6. Any Federal Probation Officer;

7. Any State Probation or Parole Officer, including supervisors and members of the Board of Probation and Parole;

8. Any corporate security advisor meeting the definition and fulfilling the requirements of the regulations established by the Board of Police Commissioners under Section 84.340, RSMo.; and

9. Any coroner, deputy coroner, medical examiner or assistant medical examiner.

C. Subparagraphs (1), (5), (6) and (7) of Subsection (A) of this Section do not apply when the actor is transporting such weapons in a non-functioning state or in an unloaded state when ammunition is not readily accessible or when such weapons are not readily accessible. Subparagraph (1) of Subsection (A) of this Section does not apply to any person twenty-one (21) years of age or older transporting a concealable firearm in the passenger compartment of a motor vehicle, so long as such concealable firearm is otherwise lawfully possessed, nor when the actor is also in possession of an exposed firearm or projectile weapon for the lawful pursuit of game, or is in his/her dwelling unit or upon premises over which the actor has possession, authority or control, or is traveling in a continuous journey peaceably through this State. Subparagraph (7) of Subsection (A) of this Section does not apply if the firearm is otherwise lawfully possessed by a person while traversing school premises for the purposes of transporting a student to or from school, or possessed by an adult for the purposes of facilitation of a school-sanctioned firearm-related event.

D. Subparagraphs (1), (6) and (7) of Subsection (A) of this Section shall not apply to any person who has a valid concealed carry endorsement issued pursuant to Sections 571.101 to 571.121, RSMo., or a valid permit or endorsement to carry concealed firearms issued by another State or political subdivision of another State.

E. Subparagraphs (3), (4), (5), (6) and (7) of Subsection (A) of this Section shall not apply to persons who are engaged in a lawful act of defense pursuant to Section 563.031, RSMo.

F. Nothing in this Section shall make it unlawful for a student to actually participate in school-sanctioned gun safety courses, student military or ROTC courses, or other school-sponsored firearm-related events, provided the student does not carry a firearm or other weapon readily capable of lethal use into any school, onto any school bus, or onto the premises of any other function or activity sponsored or sanctioned by school officials or the district school board.

Note--Under certain circumstances this offense can be a felony under state law.

sohighlyunlikely

thanks...i work off first capitol by 6th street...is that considered st Charles city?

yes. The easiest way to learn your jurisdiction lines is to use yahoo maps. They color code the cities on their maps. If you run into Officer Duncan or Howe tell them I said Hi.

Doc

[video=youtube;JkUj7CdOpTI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkUj7CdOpTI[/video][video=youtube;t0EcFcFdZJc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0EcFcFdZJc&feature=related[/video]

kylemoul

watched the first 7mins at work...have to watch more at home. i like how they take your gun just because they think its illegal, making more of a safety issue

kylemoul

for my clarification, for st charles city, ordinance 134.03 shows a section "concealed or exposed"

pertaining to that section, am i correct in saying the ordinance basically states

"you can have a firearm exposed/concealed as long as you do not wave it around in a angry/threating manner (being a tardass) and as long as you are not drunk."

?

sohighlyunlikely

for my clarification, for st Charles city, ordinance 134.03 shows a section "concealed or exposed"

pertaining to that section, am i correct in saying the ordinance basically states

"you can have a firearm exposed/concealed as long as you do not wave it around in a angry/threating manner (being a tardass) and as long as you are not drunk."

?

There are also exclusions to where you can carry in that code. The code is up on this thread if you want to discuss further interpretations.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...e-public-OC-meetings-legal-in-St-Charles-City

Doc

sohighlyunlikely

Lake St Louis is now OC legal

As a many of us in the OC community may already know. We gained legal OC in the city of Lake St. Louis. When I get some free time I will fix the list and move it from yellow to green.

Doc

bkajun06

for my clarification, for st charles city, ordinance 134.03 shows a section "concealed or exposed"

?

Does that mean that I can Conceal Carry without a permit..? as long as I'm within that specified city limit? I doubt it, but I'm just curious.

Verd

Campaign Veteran
Does that mean that I can Conceal Carry without a permit..? as long as I'm within that specified city limit? I doubt it, but I'm just curious.

No, because it first states: 1. to carry concealed upon or about his person a dangerous or deadly weapon of any kind or description; [Section 571.101 RSMo (2003) made this lawful with a valid concealed carry endorsement]