• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tales of tyranny

sudden valley gunner

This is becoming more and more the norm.....this is why I say the whole barrel is rotten......the local cops, prosecutor and judge all colluded in this disgusting display of tyranny.

Really makes me mad because this very close to me both in location and because I work in the building industry and have seen property rights destroyed in this state.

FUQ
“The justification for using a criminal search warrant was (that) we denied them (government officials) access,” Errol Speed said. “They never asked for access.”

http://myfreedomfoundation.com/blog...yranny-criminalizing-poverty-in-the-san-juans

Sheriff Rob Nou, Prosecutor Randy Gaylord and judge Stewart Andrew, you are the reasons why I despise the state, I have ran into your types you are the criminals. Any deputies that partook in this you are just as liable. Any jury who willfully convicted you are criminals, you don't have to obey the judges instructions it is not law.

I'd definitely say these actors in this (government officials) created a victim, had mens rea (evil mind, intent), and actus reus ( they acted upon that intent).

sudden valley gunner

Locutus commented similarly to my mention of a fine and insightful op-ed and citation of a couple of thousand pages of literature. I am convinced that perhaps a half-dozen here read beyond their narrowest interests - OCDO.

+1 And you have added to my long list of reading I must say.

OC for ME

Or, it could be that what is posted here by members is derived from what they read elsewhere. The validity of those readings, done elsewhere, is a different issue.

Me, I like to make things up, then post without reading what I post.....oh, and I apparently hate the "?" key. I gotta work on that.

77zach

Police and prosecutors and judge exist to serve and protect the state. Going after hardened criminals is both difficult and unsafe, these people were a soft target. You don't usually become a sheriff or a judge or a prosecutor because you're a humble guy who wants to preserve freedom and help people. You do those things because you're a raving narcissist on a petty power trip.

eye95

Did you even read the article this is more than anecdotal it is factual.

Anecdotes are usually factual. That is not the point.

The point is that a statement cannot be proven by example. An anecdote, true or false (no matter), is just an example.

Statements can be disproven with a single counterexample. Basic logic.

sudden valley gunner

Anecdotes are usually factual. That is not the point.

The point is that a statement cannot be proven by example. An anecdote, true or false (no matter), is just an example.

Statements can be disproven with a single counterexample. Basic logic.

Semantics.

Why not talk about what happened instead? I am outraged are you?

eye95

I am outraged that you started this thread by bashing ALL cops based on one story. That is intellectually dishonest. Had your original premise of this thread merely been the anecdote at hand, I might have shared your outrage. But that is not what you did. So I will focus on your attempt to parlay a single story into an indictment of the entire barrel.

One single example, no matter how stark, cannot prove a statement. The whole barrel is NOT rotten. I need provide one single example to disprove your contention that it is. Shall I? I can flood this thread with counterexamples if that is your wish.

Or, you could knock of the generalized bashing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

I am outraged that you started this thread by bashing ALL cops based on one story. That is intellectually dishonest. Had your original premise of this thread merely been the anecdote at hand, I might have shared your outrage. But that is not what you did. So I will focus on your attempt to parlay a single story into an indictment of the entire barrel.

One single example, no matter how stark, cannot prove a statement. The whole barrel is NOT rotten. I need provide one single example to disprove your contention that it is. Shall I? I can flood this thread with counterexamples if that is your wish.

Or, you could knock of the generalized bashing.

The system that allows this is the barrel, it isn't a blanket bashing of "all cops" quit grasping at straws.

And I can flood this thread with examples and court decisions and actions by government peons that have destroyed our rights. The one in the OP isn't an isolated case.

I bet loyalist had lots of examples where the Tories and the King helped colonist.

The point is if this happened 100, 50, 25? This behavior wouldn't have been accepted it is becoming the norm.

The colonist would tear apart the house of government officials who would act like this they would have chased them back to England and wouldn't have been nice about it. What does our society do, many rationalize these bad acts with asinine statement that they do good too.

sudden valley gunner

https://www.rutherford.org/publicat...perty_in_the_era_of_the_american_police_state

FUQ
At a time when the government routinely cites national security as the justification for its endless violations of the Constitution, the idea that a citizen can actually be “secure” or protected against such government overreach seems increasingly implausible, while suggesting that a person take steps to secure his person and property against the government could have one accused of fomenting anti-government sentiment.
Nevertheless, the reality of our age is this: if the government chooses to crash through our doors, listen to our phone calls, read our emails and text messages, fine us for growing vegetables in our front yard, jail us for raising chickens in our backyard, forcibly take our blood and saliva, and probe our vaginas and rectums, there’s little we can do to stop them. At least, not at that particular moment. When you’re face to face with a government agent who is not only armed to the hilt and inclined to shoot first and ask questions later but also woefully ignorant of the fact that he works for you, if you value your life, you don’t talk back.​

OC for ME

The contrary suggestion is laughable, that members post ANY original thought. The very best that we can hope for is a quotation without context, more usually we get some cut&paste from Little Orphan Annie's Sandy, "ARF,ARF"

Vide supra.
I do not "cut and paste".....I'm shocked that you would, maybe, infer that I do. I clearly "copy and paste" cuz the words remained on those webpages.

OC for ME

It is possible that all of those cops are thugs. Or, they could be doing nothing more than following orders. Their kids have got to eat too. Tyranny is from the top down. The courts don't take a cotton to cops being tyrannical, that is the realm of the prosecutors, judges, and the politicians. Judges don't like uppity cops. ;)

sudden valley gunner

Let's make a distinction. There ain't a thing wrong with following lawful (which requires constitutionality) orders.

<o>

Very good distinction.

Now in this case, nothing was constitutional about it and yet from the deputies to the prosecutor to the Judge to an improperly informed jury, (I talked to author of this article and he alleges they were not properly informed) they colluded in this bit of tyranny.

Notice the search warrant was granted because of the false claim they were denied access to the property. A judge could have stopped this long before it reached the point it did. No due process was served.

stealthyeliminator

I think that eye95 misunderstood. By saying "the whole barrel is rotten" it isn't meant, I take it, that literally every single government employee is fundamentally evil in their hearts, it means that all of the components of the justice system work together to foster corruption and, yes, tyranny. The whole barrel meaning all of those components; municipal police, sheriff's department, prosecutor's office, judges/trials, etc. The deck is stacked against those in government who are truly good. Constitutional, oath-keeping officers, police chiefs and sheriff's are prosecuted criminally for no more than simply keeping their oaths.

People have been taught the dangerous falsity that our "great" government was designed to keep itself in check via a balance of branches. The truth is that in any system of government the only check and balance that ever ends up mattering is the willingness of the people to stand up with a rifle and say "no."

Last edited:

stealthyeliminator

Very good distinction.

Now in this case, nothing was constitutional about it and yet from the deputies to the prosecutor to the Judge to an improperly informed jury, (I talked to author of this article and he alleges they were not properly informed) they colluded in this bit of tyranny.

Notice the search warrant was granted because of the false claim they were denied access to the property. A judge could have stopped this long before it reached the point it did. No due process was served.

I don't understand, isn't that basically saying that the lack of consent gives probable cause? Hasn't this notion been denied over and over and over and over in the courts?

sudden valley gunner

I think that eye95 misunderstood. By saying "the whole barrel is rotten" it isn't meant, I take it, that literally every single government employee is fundamentally evil in their hearts, it means that all of the components of the justice system work together to foster corruption and, yes, tyranny. The whole barrel meaning all of those components; municipal police, sheriff's department, prosecutor's office, judges/trials, etc. The deck is stacked against those in government who are truly good. Constitutional, oath-keeping officers, police chiefs and sheriff's are prosecuted criminally for no more than simply keeping their oaths.

People have been taught the dangerous falsity that our "great" government was designed to keep itself in check via a balance of branches. The truth is that in any system of government the only check and balance that ever ends up mattering is the willingness of the people to stand up with a rifle and say "no."

+1 I think Eye got it though because he did offer an insightful post a few posts later.

sudden valley gunner

I don't understand, isn't that basically saying that the lack of consent gives probable cause? Hasn't this notion been denied over and over and over and over in the courts?

Yea I don't get that either, and then on top of it the government never even asked to come on so there wasn't even the chance to give a lack of consent. They just raided with no due process. When you carry a hammer everything is a nail.