• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

McCrappy OC experience

wimwag

Went to McDonalds the other day and ordered food. Some old fart says "oh and he's got a gun too! Are you the Sheriff?". I asked if he always blurts out the second thing he thinks about people. He walked around the dining area bitching about how "things are changing and not for the better" to a bunch of high school girls and enlisted two to take pictures of me and my license plates.. So I smiled and posed for the camera, pointing to my hip. A few 911 calls were made, with the callers speaking as loudly as they could. Sat in my car in the parking lot with the gun on the seat next to me and enjoyed my McDouble. Cops never showed, old fart drove away in his vehicle which had expired tags on Minnesota plates. Figures..

Oh and my town has just had two armed robberies in two weeks. Tis why I carry.

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

ToMang07

Banned
Went to McDonalds the other day and ordered food. Some old fart says "oh and he's got a gun too! Are you the Sheriff?". I asked if he always blurts out the second thing he thinks about people. He walked around the dining area bitching about how "things are changing and not for the better" to a bunch of high school girls and enlisted two to take pictures of me and my license plates.. So I smiled and posed for the camera, pointing to my hip. A few 911 calls were made, with the callers speaking as loudly as they could. Sat in my car in the parking lot with the gun on the seat next to me and enjoyed my McDouble. Cops never showed, old fart drove away in his vehicle which had expired tags on Minnesota plates. Figures..

Oh and my town has just had two armed robberies in two weeks. Tis why I carry.

oh and he's got a gun too! Are you the Sheriff?

There are a lot of ways you can respectfully answer that, simplest being "No."

Instead, you have to go be a hostile smartazz. People associate you acting like that to others trying to OC. It makes the rest of us look bad.

And why did you eat in your car? Did they ask you to leave?

And lastly....pointing at your weapon "posing" for a pic?

Are you a bloody moron?????

Last edited:

duckdog

That reply made my night! I'm still laughing. There are definitely times to do the right thing, and that would have been one of them. Not feed that fire by posing for someone like that. I'd probably have choked on my Mc Crap sandwich.

wimwag

I don't waste time trying to be PC for those who didn't care in the first place. Those which choose to insult armed strangers aren't entitled to jack ****.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Being different, even if being rude, doesn't make one wrong.

What the OP did is not much different than what the respondents are doing now, when seeing something they didn't like.

There is no reason for chastisement, and especially for implying criminality, in either posture, intent, or attitude.

Last edited:

wimwag

Being different, even being rude, doesn't make one wrong.

What the OP did is not much different than what the respondents are doing now, when seeing something they didn't like.

Let he without sin cast the first stone.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
It has nothing to do with being pc, you ignorant, arrogant little man.

You think you're entitled because you can carry a firearm?

Something tells me you shouldn't be allowed to.

Sent while swerving into the wrong lane...

It's hard to imagine how one could "shouldn't be allowed to" carry a firearm without having committed at least one act of aggression.

It's equally hard to see how the OP committed an act of aggression.

Finally, it's hard to imagine something more "ignorant" and "arrogant" than imagining one is properly positioned to determine who "should" be armed, absent serious criminal behavior as the determinant.

Last edited:

wimwag

It has nothing to do with being pc, you ignorant, arrogant little man.

You think you're entitled because you can carry a firearm?

Something tells me you shouldn't be allowed to.

Sent while swerving into the wrong lane...

Entitled? Yes. A right is a right. We are all entitled to bear arms. It is the foundation this nation was built on and the very lifeblood of its existence. Who are you to choose who is "allowed" to exercise their rights? You're nothing but a hypocrite elitist with the same views as those who would disarm us all. You don't get to pick and choose. Ignorant? Lol no son. Little? At 6'3 and 230 lbs, probably much bigger than you.

Tell me o pious wise ass internet commando...what makes you so holy that you can pass judgment on me or anyone else for that matter?

Sent from my Windows 8 phone using Tapatalk

wimwag

There are a lot of ways you can respectfully answer that, simplest being "No."

Instead, you have to go be a hostile smartazz. People associate you acting like that to others trying to OC. It makes the rest of us look bad.

And why did you eat in your car? Did they ask you to leave?

And lastly....pointing at your weapon "posing" for a pic?

Why? Because I didn't feel like using the drive thru. They always forget something at this McDonald's and I have to come inside anyways every time to get what I paid for. Using the drive thru is a waste of time and gas.

Yup. Why not? Since the old fart caused a ruckus, why not mock the libtard idiot criminal driver? Taking into account his initiating contact with an armed stranger in a disrespectful fashion, would he have acted any differently had I responded politely or ignored him? Nope. I owe him and you nothing.

wimwag

Maybe I should change the title of this thread to Crappy OCDO experience while posting about open carry. Elitist moron. Michael Bloomberg would love you to pieces.

dakatak87

I'll try to put this in a better context.

When anybody exercises the 2A they become an ambassador for the 2A. That ambassador is being watched and therefore their actions and words can either educate for the better or help solidify the negative connotations the "Gun-Control" party wants the public to believe.

Wimwag, how long have you been carrying? I ask this because several of us are concerned about your experience level. And state of mind while in possession of a firearm.

Just because one can be a pompous jerk doesn't mean they should be.

Once actions are done and words are spoken they can not be taken back.

Maverick9

Though the actions of the OP were not that of an ambassador for OC, I do find them humorous.

I don't find them to be those of a thug who would harm anyone with his firearm, either. Let's not get carried away with the 'condemnations'.

Gallowmere

Not gonna lie...the way that "old fart" made such an ass of himself, I would have been hard pressed to not blurt out something about male menopause, and perhaps needing some Preparation H for his butthurt.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...When anybody exercises the 2A they become an ambassador for the 2A....

No one is an ambassador. An ambassador is chosen as a official representative. It makes a good bumper sticker slogan to get people to act like you want to act, though.

I'm a guy who loves keeping a low profile, and wished everyone kept a low profile around me. But I'm probably so quiet, you'd rather I be an ambassador and pass out cards and smiles instead. I won't. Let's just each be ourselves, and let it all work out in the end. People are allowed to mature at their own rate and in their own style, assuming they need to mature to whatever level others think they should anyway.

Focus on criminals. Don't go after guys that are just doing good things differently and more overtly than the rest of us.

We can make the argument that a quiet retreat may have been just the thing that caused these girls to think he truly was in the wrong and knew it. Yet, there he was, proudly showing that he wasn't doing anything wrong and knew it. And some of you are trying to make him feel like a criminal for doing it.

Last edited:

wimwag

I'll try to put this in a better context.

When anybody exercises the 2A they become an ambassador for the 2A. That ambassador is being watched and therefore their actions and words can either educate for the better or help solidify the negative connotations the "Gun-Control" party wants the public to believe.

Wimwag, how long have you been carrying? I ask this because several of us are concerned about your experience level. And state of mind while in possession of a firearm.

Just because one can be a pompous jerk doesn't mean they should be.

Once actions are done and words are spoken they can not be taken back.

Simply choosing to carry a gun does not make me an ambassador. I have been carrying a gun for more than a few years. Fear my "experience" all you like. I have encountered my fair share of idiots while carrying and never once fired in anger. Believe it or not, most of those idiots were gun snobs like you who think that their way of doing things is the only way. Get over yourself son. You carry your way and I will do it my way.

When I hunt, am I am ambassador for all hunters? When I swear at the WiiU while playing Mario, am I an ambassador for all who have ever played Mario Bros.? When I replaced the regulator in my toilet last weekend, did I represent plumbers?

Your state of mind while reading my story makes me question your state of mind while in public. If you are that fearful of some retards reaction to my exercising of my rights, then maybe you should take another look at why you are carrying.

Unlike you, I do not fear another man's fear.

wimwag

Though the actions of the OP were not that of an ambassador for OC, I do find them humorous.

I don't find them to be those of a thug who would harm anyone with his firearm, either. Let's not get carried away with the 'condemnations'.

Thank you for a thought out and rational response.

wimwag

Another thought ...one member of this forum tapes a gun to his face. Nobody says a thing. I defend open carry and do so in a lawful manner. So everyone jumps on me.

Get your priorities straight. So far, only two other members get the point of my post, which is simply: carry on.

dakatak87

Ambassador might not have been the best word, go look in a thesaurus then. I did not attack the way you did anything in your McCrappy encounter. I just wanted to know some more of your history to make an informed opinion on this thread. It seemed the posts before me also question your thoughts and actions.

How do you know whether I am a "gun snob" or not?

I never said anything about the way you carry, nor do I plan to.
what is done in public is also done under public scrutiny, however much that may be.

"Ambassador" or not, carrying a firearm in public has some inherent responsibilities. Is this not true?