• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Branson OC

glock22oc

Headed to Branson tomorrow for a few days. How is folks blood pressure to OC in Branson?

Atomterrible

I went over July 4th week and was OC'ing the whole time. Never a second-glance from anyone: boating, stage play, hotels, restaurants, restaurants, restaurants. I know there were no second-glances because it was my first time doing it with my family of 5 outside of Texas. Boy, were they conscious of it, and I asked them about second-glances.

Never saw a cop though. They'll demand papers if they want to.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I went over July 4th week and was OC'ing the whole time. Never a second-glance from anyone: boating, stage play, hotels, restaurants, restaurants, restaurants. I know there were no second-glances because it was my first time doing it with my family of 5 outside of Texas. Boy, were they conscious of it, and I asked them about second-glances.

Never saw a cop though. They'll demand papers if they want to.
You OC in Texas?

Mo

Banned
What one needs to analyze is public policy procedures in response to the noticed or unnoticed reception that one receives while open carrying. That is the question you need to be addressing to yourself.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
On my property and on friends' whenever I can.

Does on your own property real count :lol:

I carry on mine all time and besides the wife I don't see ay body else there for weeks at a time.:)
Think it is like a dry run/practice - getting used to it.

Still like the tree falling in the forest - is it really OC if no one in the public sees it :)

Soon, Texans.......soon.

glock22oc

Got back from Branson last night. No issues to report. OC 100% of the time. Hotel, restaurants, stores and the strip. No one seemed to care, if they did notice. The only place I didn't carry was inside Silver Dollar City and Whitwater. I didn't figure my gun wanted to go swiming. LOL.

On a side note, I did see a lot of pickups driving all over town with large Confederate Battle Flags, flying proudly from the back of them ;)

Ezek

Got back from Branson last night. No issues to report. OC 100% of the time. Hotel, restaurants, stores and the strip. No one seemed to care, if they did notice. The only place I didn't carry was inside Silver Dollar City and Whitwater. I didn't figure my gun wanted to go swiming. LOL.

On a side note, I did see a lot of pickups driving all over town with large Confederate Battle Flags, flying proudly from the back of them ;)

yeah, that is Mo in general thinking the removal of a flag cause of "it's racist and some racist guy shot people" cause of overly thin skinned overly sensitive sissies is stupid.

Redbaron007

Glad to see/hear Branson has relaxed. They have a city ordinance for OC w/CCW. They used to lean on it frequently.