• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Brad Krause sues West Allis

paul@paul-fisher.com

OK. I was just looking at the case notes. There is no response. Do they not only have 21 days to respond? If so, they are late! It has been over 60 days.

paul@paul-fisher.com

OK. Anyone have a clue what Brad is doing? He has had 2 letters from the clerk of the court demanding response and has, as of yet, not responded.

Here's the 2nd one:

UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
EASTERN DISTRICT OF WISCONSIN
OFFICE OF THE CLERK
362 U.S. COURTHOUSE
517 E. WISCONSIN AVE
MILWAUKEE, WI 53202
JON W. SANFILIPPO
CLERK
TEL: 414-297-3372
FAX: 414-297-3203
www.wied.uscourts.gov
January 6, 2011
FINAL NOTICE
Brad Krause
xxxxx
Re: Brad Krause vs City of West Allis, et al.
Case No. 10-CV-718
Dear Mr. Krause:
As of today’s date, this office has not received your response to the “Consent/Refusal to Proceed
Before a U.S. Magistrate Judge” form which you should have received at the time of case filing or
upon service of this action. This form was to have been completed and returned within 21 days of
its receipt. A reminder of this requirement was sent to you on November 17, 2010.
You are directed to file the form no later than January 21, 2011. As stated in Chief Judge Rudolph
T. Randa’s Order, “while the decision to consent or not to consent to the exercise of jurisdiction by
the magistrate judge is entirely voluntary, the duty to respond to this order is mandatory.”
I have enclosed the form for your signature.
This is your final notice to file your consent/refusal form. If one is not submitted by January 21,
2011, the presiding judge will be notified of your failure to comply.
Very truly yours,
Jon W. Sanfilippo,
Clerk of Court
s/ V. Kelly Barton Terry
By: V. Kelly Barton Terry
Deputy Clerk

Emphasis added.

Last edited: