• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bass Pro Shops

teemgreen99

Ok I know this has been done before but I thought I would let everyone know that I went to Bass Pro last night and spent just under two hours there while ocing without question or incident. Great place tons of fun.

DooFster

Interesting... If you think about it, though, you're in a place that sells guns, so if someone sees another carrying, then I doubt they'll have a problem with it. They'll just assume you're there to get it fixed, or you're doing a trade or whatnot.

1 2 many

bass pro

Ok I know this has been done before but I thought I would let everyone know that I went to Bass Pro last night and spent just under two hours there while ocing without question or incident. Great place tons of fun.
I thought. Some guys had issues at bass pro. Something about having to leave ammo at front desk or a zip tie. Sorry can't re- call

Michigander

I also have carried here, many times. Without issue.
While at the Cabela's store in Reno, I had to check my gun. They wanted to take it behind the counter. I said sorry, no sale, and went to Scheels. No problem there.

Any time you have a problem an open carry related problem at Cabelas, email or call corporate HQ. Their rather good policy is only to check handguns which are coming out of the holster to be fit to holsters, or otherwise fitted to other stuff, like lights and lasers, but to leave everyone else alone, and only verify the handgun(s) are staying securely in the holster(s). Corporate will take care of such things swiftly. This has played out in many states in recent years. I am rather surprised more have yet to be educated on it.

Also note that a couple years ago Bass Pro changed its policies to allow open carry where legal, across the nation, at the request of OCDO's founder and administrator Mike, if I remember right. Before that the door greeters would kick people out.

DEFENSOR

another call to corporate

I thought. Some guys had issues at bass pro. Something about having to leave ammo at front desk or a zip tie. Sorry can't re- call

A couple friends and I OC'ed at Bass Pro a few months ago. After being there more than an hour we were told
by the guys at the gun counter that we could carry if there were a gun lock installed. We were not willing to have
our arms disabled. we spoke to the manager and expressed our dissappointment at his not knowing the corporate
policy of allowing OC and the absurdity of openly carrying a firearm disabled by a lock. on top of that we asked him how we were expected to be able to holster a pistol with a bulky trigger lock. He had no answer except to hide
behind his lack of policy knowledge. I e-mailed a complaint to corporate that night and they straightened it out the
next day.

If anyone else experiences this I encuorage them to immediately contact corporate / customer service and
ask that they make an immediate spot correction by advising the on duty store manager as to the correct store
policy.

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
Interesting that no one has mentioned that we once held an OC carry and dinner at Bass Pro in Rancho. . . I think it was about a year ago, maybe longer.

coolusername2007

Interesting that no one has mentioned that we once held an OC carry and dinner at Bass Pro in Rancho. . . I think it was about a year ago, maybe longer.

We once held an OC dinner at the Bass Pro in RC. :lol:

Actually, it was the location of our first monthly meetup...we held the monthly meetups for about a year. Good times. BPS is very pro open carry and if anyone has any problems just talk to the store manager and/or corporate.

Keep in mind this particular BPS had a shooting incident not that long ago where a women was wounded in the buttocks by a yahoo who brought in his pistol to shoot at the range. When checking in at the customer service entrance he reached in to his bag and inadvertantly discharged his loaded (and possibly chambered, though not sure) pistol. So the best advice is to let the more strict customer service rep know that unnecessarily handling a gun in public is never a good idea, loaded or not.