• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greetings all, I'm new here.

HandyHamlet

It has come to my attention that I have been accused by a formerly banned member of this forum of being a sock puppet. I am extremely uncomfortable giving out any personal information (like location) as a result but I will offer this to the forum.

A quick check by the mods will prove this accusation to be untrue.

I have a new WCI member number. I have been greeted by Mr. Hoffman via pm here.

I joined this forum despite the drama because my belief in the Constitution grows stronger every day. I used to collect, restore, and target shoot firearms. I have some experience with black powder rifles. I have been a member of a grass roots motorcycle rights organization in a different state for years. I know from experience the power these groups wield and the power of voting.

I am here mainly for knowledge. It has been a long time since I have been active in this sport. I am not a native so I do not know WI laws as well as I should. The concept of OC is completely alien to me. But I believe it is important because every day I wake up I have less and less rights.

I am trying very hard to attend the Veteran's dinner tomorrow night so hopefully I will meet some members in person.

Thanks,
HH

protias

Welcome Handy. There are a lot of knowledgable people here and one to just ignore.

AaronS

:monkeyHello, and welcome.:banana:
It is good to have you. The forum is going through a "thing" right now, and I am sorry that you got hit with some of the problems that we are working on.
All I can say is try not to fight with the people that start the issues. Sooner or later, they will go away, by force.
This forum has a lot of good members, and even better info on Wisconsin open carry. If you do have any questions at all, feel free to ask.

Crassus

Banned
Howdy HH,

Don't worry I didn't provide a "proper" introduction either and I was treated the same way. I guess they will just have to get over it.

By the way I like that avatar bus you have there. Is that the way it came or did you convert it? I have never seen a bus like that.

HandyHamlet

Thanks all!

Howdy HH,

Don't worry I didn't provide a "proper" introduction either and I was treated the same way. I guess they will just have to get over it.

By the way I like that avatar bus you have there. Is that the way it came or did you convert it? I have never seen a bus like that.

Been watching... and I hear you. But I have a writing style that tends to piss people off for whatever reason. So I thought this might be a good way for you all to get acclimated to me. :D

The bus was pilfered from the net. Wish I could take credit for it.

Attachments

• rmonday.jpg
    rmonday.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

Crassus

Banned
Thanks all!

Been watching... and I hear you. But I have a writing style that tends to piss people off for whatever reason. So I thought this might be a good way for you all to get acclimated to me. :D

Yeah it is cool. You could call it the Open Carry Mobile!

Spartacus

Banned
Yah short busses are really cool. rotflmao at the alters.

Lets find Waldo... who does this sound like?:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...k-the-police-have-a-duty-to-protect-you/page3

So to clarify, you would not serve with:

Gilbert du Motier, marquis de La Fayette

Friedrich von Steuben

Louis Lebègue Duportail

Jean Baptiste Joseph, chevalier de Laumoy

Casimir Pulaski

Johann de Kalb

Charles Armand Tuffin, marquis de la Rouerie

Gustavus Conyngham

But would serve with:

Benedict Arnold V

Last edited:

protias

I haven't seen anything you've written to anger me. There seems to only be one that doesn't like anyone else, but we won't talk about him. ;)

The Don

Welcome HandyHamlet. It's always nice to see new people joining up. I'm mostly into collecting and target shooting, myself, though I don't collect anything in particular, just whatever happens to catch my eye. I'd love to get one of the Legacy/Puma .22LR "replicas" of the old Russian PPSh-41.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
I'd love to get one of the Legacy/Puma .22LR "replicas" of the old Russian PPSh-41.

If it's the old Soviet / Warsaw Pact weapons you like, you might be a little envious to know that for over two years, I hauled a genuine one around in the Army. Also a couple of full-auto AK-47's, AKM's, an RPK and RPD machinegun, a Czech Vz. 58, Tokarev and Makarov pistols, and even an RPG-7!

The one thing I didn't have but wanted to get was the Skorpion sub machine gun.

Ahh... the old days.

The Don

If it's the old Soviet / Warsaw Pact weapons you like, you might be a little envious to know that for over two years, I hauled a genuine one around in the Army.

Envious indeed! It's too bad someone doesn't make a more accurate replica of it.

LR Yote 312

Hiya Handy,

That short bus is gonna get alot use around here...LOL
Thorazine optional.

Hope to see ya at the Vets Dinner. Both me and the Mrs will be attending.

LR Yote

HandyHamlet

Thanks Paul and Yote,

I plan on being at the dinner but I don't think I will be there till later. I originally wanted to document the event but at this point I will be happy to just shake a few hands.

Of course that's a figure of speech since I don't have hands. I'll be the giant white sock with plastic eyes, magic marker eye brows, and a floppy red tongue.

Looking forward to putting faces to the names.

HH

M

McX

welcome in Handy, will you be coming by short bus to Lizzy's? (heh-heh)