• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Green Bay west side Fleet Farm

deadlifter

So I stopped in to check out the handguns, pick up some off, and got a little toy for the kid while I was there.

On my way to the cashier a white shirt (manager I presume) came up with a very concerned look on his face and says:
Him:Excuse me? Is that a gun?

Me: Yes

Him: Is it real?

Me: Yes

Him: Are you with law.. are you some sort of police officer?

Me: No. Open Carry is legal in WI, and I was under the impression Fleet Farm knows the laws and is fine with open carry.

Him: Oh. Ok. (visibly worried and distraught over the gun, and he walks away)

I proceed to the check out and leave, and everything is fine.

So what gives?

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
The guys in the White shirts are store Loss Prevention agents ( Security ) I interviewed for a loss prevention job there 10 Years ago...

Me wondering if we will be seeing a sign in the doors soon ??

Last edited:

Mlutz

Pretty much any store will price match. :) If they want to post, they are more than welcome to do so.

MKEgal

xenophon said:
Manager pees sitting down.
Wanna clarify your position a bit, before some of the ladies around here (who also carry, & pee sitting down) get it into our heads to be irritated with you?

The guy wasn't familiar w/ store policy or state law.
It upset him that a peaceful customer was armed.
Hopefully he learned something.