• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Darius Miles gets caught with a loaded gun at a St. Louis airport

since9

Campaign Veteran
Article.

There is NO federal law prohibiting the carry of a firearm at an airport in the areas prior to TSA's security screening checkpoints. Municipality/state laws apply, and it's LEGAL in 38 out of our 50 United States of America.

Darius' mistake wasn't that he was caught with a loaded firearm at the airport as the headline states in a very deceptive manner. I take mine to the airport all the time, and yes, it's loaded. It's that he tried taking it past TSA's security checkpoint.

Jeff Hayes

I OC at the Spokane airport several times per year. I was picking up my son and family home on leave. I simply stay away from the TSA check points.

Attachments

• OC at GEG.jpg
    OC at GEG.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
does it matter which sort of weapon was seized? It was loaded, people. Loaded. The guy had a loaded gun on him. To take into an airplane. Possibly a california pizza kitchen before that, but definitely to take into an airplane eventually, whether it was stuck on his hip or on his carry-on luggage.

omg!?!?! He took a gun into a pizza kitchen!?!?! Who are these people!!! This guy was one real sick f*#$%

SFCRetired

omg!?!?! He took a gun into a pizza kitchen!?!?! Who are these people!!! This guy was one real sick f*#$%

No, this guy is just one of a long list of "celebrities", "professional athletes", etc. who think the laws do not apply to them. Think back over the last thirty years or so and see if you don't recall quite a few like this individual. It would also seem that, the more money they rake in, the more they think they are above the law.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
It's really a strange story when you think about it. Everyone knows you can't take a gun on an airplane. It is common knowledge. What did the guy think the metal detectors were for? I don't think it has much to do with him being a semi-famous former NBA player. I think he just wasn't all together there or he was REALLY ignorant about airport rules.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
No, this guy is just one of a long list of "celebrities", "professional athletes", etc. who think the laws do not apply to them. Think back over the last thirty years or so and see if you don't recall quite a few like this individual. It would also seem that, the more money they rake in, the more they think they are above the law.

I was joking lol. I don't think it is illegal to take a gun into a pizza kitchen...

protias

Does it matter which sort of weapon was seized? It was loaded, people. Loaded. The guy had a loaded gun on him. To take into an airplane.

And? Millions of people carry every day and we don't have problems with the law abiding ones. I don't see why we can't have firearms on airplanes.

SFCRetired

I was joking lol. I don't think it is illegal to take a gun into a pizza kitchen...

Of course it is. You don't think an Italian mamma is going to let you have a more ferocious weapon than her large ladle/spoon/knife, do you? :lol:

No, I'm not Italian, but I have a couple of good friends who are first-generation Americans and whose parents came from Italy. Their mothers were very nice ladies, but you did not want to get them really angry.

chcknhawk

And? Millions of people carry every day and we don't have problems with the law abiding ones. I don't see why we can't have firearms on airplanes.

I carried into a bank, post office, gas station, mall, city hall, and Taco Bell today and no one was killed, shot, or bludgeoned with a .40 S&W.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Wait...back up....You carried in a Post Office? Seriously?

Wow, I didn't even catch that the first time. I am going to guess that he didn't actually carry in the post office but the post office was part of his journey? He has to know firearm carry on postal property is illegal. Just in case here's the law.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
Just in case here's the law.

This is the regulation pertaining particularly to post offices: 39 CFR 232.1 - http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/cfr_2003/julqtr/39cfr232.1.htm No signage required, and parking lot is off limits too if it is postal property.

(l) Weapons and explosives. No person while on postal property may
carry firearms, other dangerous or deadly weapons, or explosives, either
openly or concealed, or store the same on postal property, except for
official purposes.

However, there are "contract postal units" which are not run by the post office that many people might refer to as post offices as they do post office business. These locations are in grocery stores and the like, and they are not postal property.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

I OC at the Spokane airport several times per year. I was picking up my son and family home on leave. I simply stay away from the TSA check points.

I have carried to SEATAC several times too, no issues, While wearing shorts and t-shirt and "flip-flops" I was still asked what "agency" I was with.

They were talking about this incident on KISW yesterday and when the cast was talking about how does this guy not know, the black DJ said he must not have any white friends.....:rolleyes:. I know it was said in jest and was funny, but still hints at how many perceive and stereo type gun owners.

okboomer

They were talking about this incident on KISW yesterday and when the cast was talking about how does this guy not know, the black DJ said he must not have any white friends.....:rolleyes:. I know it was said in jest and was funny, but still hints at how many perceive and stereo type gun owners.

... as in Darius was not smart enough to research and understand the law all by himself? Talk about a racist remark!

I was watching Franklin & Bash and the two supporting actors (Indian man, black woman) were arguing with each other and the black woman called the indian man a racist and the indian man responded with, "I can't be a racist, I am not white." And therein lies the crux of the matter ... in America, the only racists are white folks, and no one else can be one?

Of course, I am a white American, so I guess I shouldn't be offended by any of this?

Oh, lord, now I am totally cornfused! Or, in other words, damned if I do and damned if I don't.

Last edited:

OldCurlyWolf

... as in Darius was not smart enough to research and understand the law all by himself? Talk about a racist remark!

I was watching Franklin & Bash and the two supporting actors (Indian man, black woman) were arguing with each other and the black woman called the indian man a racist and the indian man responded with, "I can't be a racist, I am not white." And therein lies the crux of the matter ... in America, the only racists are white folks, and no one else can be one?

Of course, I am a white American, so I guess I shouldn't be offended by any of this?

Oh, lord, now I am totally cornfused! Or, in other words, damned if I do and damned if I don't.

According to that logic, although I appear to be pure Caucasian, I am not and therefore cannot be racist.

BS, some of the most racist people I have met are several skin shades other than "White". One of the worst I ever personally had contact with was a negro woman in the Panhandle of Texas who was teaching her children that "White Men are evil".

Last edited: