• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Casting Call - Photo Ops 8/11

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Mark Bowles of the T/D will be at the River City Diner on Thursday, August 11th at 12:30PM to take updated photographs for an article to run next Sunday.

Subject: Carry in establishments that sell alcohol for on premises consumption.

Another opportunity to show your good side - let me know if this fits your schedule.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I'd love to be there Grape, but I'm going to be in Urbanna most of the day working on an ad.:banghead:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
So will not paying his bills....

Gotta pick your poison sometimes.

Roscoe

Amen:lol:

I know this may come as a shock since I do so many "Public Service ":lol: photos, but I've been commercial since 92. All the new Corp does is take all of the photography related companies and put them under one heading. I got rid of the leasing companies because I sold the main one years ago and they just cost renewal fees every year, and put more emphasis on video.

Getting rid of the leasing kinda takes me out of big budget productions, but I hadn't worked on one since John Adams and really don't want to.

Nothing else has changed.

bnkrazy

Campaign Veteran
I hadn't worked on one since John Adams and really don't want to.

Wish I had'a known that back then. After the movie was done, we took the boy scouts camping on the lake down the road from there and we went on a hike and explored the set. It was pretty cool.

I wonder if any of it is still standing...haven't been that way in a while.

I'll be there with the family, and I'm gonna bring my camera and take a few pics as well.

Last edited:

bnkrazy

Campaign Veteran
Had a nice lunch. Got a few pics of my own while there:

i-WM9gnwh-L.jpg

i-Hf5mRnQ-L.jpg

i-S4ZKhKp-L.jpg

RTD Photog took this one of the family.
i-BJPFMH6-L.jpg

i-hJ6c5pz-L.jpg

Oh, and here's what you missed:
i-tBVKHvR-L.jpg

:)

A few more pics here:
http://clickhappyphoto.smugmug.com/Events/RTD-Open-Carry-Photo-Op/18483805_C6n7Wb#1426310241_vJCp7kv

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
nice pics. Did that come out of the camera that way or did you crank the saturation up in post?

bnkrazy

Campaign Veteran
The only real editing I did was on the pic of Grape and RTD photog. The ceiling cast a nasty red shade on him and it was hard to remove...I only spent a couple minutes on it. The rest were just quick fill light boost in lightroom. No vibrance or saturation adjustments.

Repeater

Looking forward to a fair-and-balanced report at the RTD.

Well, the article seems fair and balanced:

Gun crimes drop at Virginia bars and restaurants
Virginia's bars and restaurants did not turn into shooting galleries as some had feared during the first year of a new state law that allows patrons with permits to carry concealed guns into alcohol-serving businesses, a Richmond Times-Dispatch analysis found.

Van Cleave believes he and other supporters of the law deserve an apology — especially those who "screamed the end of the world was coming with this."

"At some point," Van Cleave said, "it would be nice to have some of them admit that they were wrong, that they didn't see any of the horrible things that they thought were going to happen."

Gun-haters rarely admit they were wrong -- about anything. No apologies are likely forthcoming.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Somewhat OT, but as good a place as any.......

Peter Nap sent me a video of my thanks to family and friends at the recent VCDL picnic.

I offer it here as thanks to those, who though they may not have been able to attend, contributed so much. It was a profoundly emotional moment.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA-r4_7lRTY

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Somewhat OT, but as good a place as any.......

Peter Nap sent me a video of my thanks to family and friends at the recent VCDL picnic.

I offer it here as thanks to those, who though they may not have been able to attend, contributed so much. It was a profoundly emotional moment.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA-r4_7lRTY

Well, when I give you a better copy you can put that up Grape.

BTW, the Stills in that are TJ's and I haven't asked him if I could use them yet:uhoh: