• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FNP 45 for HK P2000SK 40SW good trade or not?

Zeus

I traded my FNP 45 dual tone for an HK P2000SK 40 SW straight up. The FNP was very nice but I wanted another gun that was concealable. Not a that big a fan of the 40 but barrels are available for the 357 SIG calliber so I went for it. What do you guys think? I have thick skin so don't hold back :)

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Sounds like you made a good trade. The HKs typically sell for more than the FNPs. On another note, shouldn't you have asked our opinion before you made the trade...lol.

Zeus

Yeah, just kind of strapped for time and decided what the heck :)

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
I traded my FNP 45 dual tone for an HK P2000SK 40 SW straight up. The FNP was very nice but I wanted another gun that was concealable. Not a that big a fan of the 40 but barrels are available for the 357 SIG calliber so I went for it. What do you guys think? I have thick skin so don't hold back :)
Looks like a nice piece. I wonder which trigger it has... from the HK website:
The P2000 SK is available with Law Enforcement Modification (also known as Combat Defense Action) trigger system introduced in 2001 on the USP Compact "LEM" (Law Enforcement Modification) model. This unique pre-cocked hammer system combines the advantages of a cocked striker component (constant level of trigger pull and short trigger travel from first to last round fired) with a double action hammer system. The LEM/CDA trigger pull has been reduced to 7.3 - 8.5 pounds of pressure (32.5 - 37.8 Newtons), compared to 12 - 15 pounds (53.4 - 66.7 N) found on many conventional double action pistols. Optional adjustment by an HK certified armorer can bring the trigger pull into the 5.5 pound (24.5 N) range.
The .357 SIG is a very effective defensive round. :dude:

AaronS

Just took at good look at your new HK, great gun. I would not mind at all, adding it to my safe, or belt.

I have a good friend that has an HK, and paid 100% full price for it. He loves it. It eats any ammo he has found, 100%. His is one of the first "plastic" HK's made. It hits the target as good as my Kimber TLE as far as I can shoot it. Now I am not the best shot, but If I can shoot an HK thats over 19 years old as well as I can shoot my Kimber, I say it is a great gun. Yours looks to be even better...

When my friend got his, HK was running an add that showed a person pounding a 3 inch nail into a 2x4. My friend did it to see if it would take it.
His gun did fail, and killed his magazine as he hit the nail head with it! HK sent him two new ones in about two weeks. Now thats customer service if you ask me.

I think you made a good choice.

But thats my thought about it...