• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Michigan Open Carry Lunch in Monroe, Jan 12th at 1:30pm

Ezerharden

Michigan Open Carry is having a dinner meet and greet at the
Dena's Family Restaurant 15391 S Dixie Hwy, Monroe, MI 48161 . Bring a friend and join us for some good food and conversation about Michigan Open Carry. We will be Discussing the Veto of SB59 and new changes in gun registration.

Lawful Open Carry of a holstered handgun encouraged (but not required).

When: Saturday January 12 2013
Time: 1:30 pm

Place: Dena's Family Restaurant
Address:15391 S. Dixie Hwy
Monroe, Michigan 48161
Phone: (734) 243-1833

http://mapq.st/UqSmMA

Facebook page for event: https://www.facebook.com/events/186676288143632/

Last edited:

Haman J.T.

Now that I have my own transportation,I believe I'll be goin back to My Hometown again! I'm markin this down on my calender!Maybe the wife will go too! Hot Dog! CARRY ON!

FreeInAZ

I hope this event is a huge sucess. Man I miss the people in that area. In particular my klingon looking friend Onnie. :p

detroit_fan

I'm going to do my best to attend, trying to get grandma to watch the kids, otherwise i may have to bring them with me (age 1 & 2), and i really don't want to do that. i'd say 90% that i will be there ezerharden

Redneck125

Since I'm just beginning to OC, I'd love to attend one of these events. But this one is a bit far for me to go Saturday afternoon. Any plans for an event in the southwestern part of our great state?

Last edited:

detroit_fan

Now that I have my own transportation,I believe I'll be goin back to My Hometown again! I'm markin this down on my calender!Maybe the wife will go too! Hot Dog! CARRY ON!

i didn't know you were from monroe. how in the heck did you get all the way up in warren, that's like a different world up there?

Ezerharden

Well had a good turnout, about 15 people or so. Not bad for little old Monroe. Thanks to all who came, and hope you had as good a time as I did.

Haman J.T.

i didn't know you were from monroe. how in the heck did you get all the way up in warren, that's like a different world up there?
My work for GM,between hiring in 79' at the Ypsilanti plant,layoffs-worked Oklahoma city plant 84' to 85',called back to Ypsi,Ypsi closes 93',then to Flint truck 93' to layoff in 96', then to Fort Wayne IN truck till Nov of 2000,then to Powertrain in Warren retired in 09'! lLived in Monroe-57'to 84'! That explains why I'm a Monroevian and Warren is the armpit of MI! I'll leave as soon as we can afford it!
Made it to Monroe but had to return home for health reasons! Glad to hear all went well! CARRY ON BROTHERS!

onestar

Is there any chance of having a Open carry lunch at Bob Evans or not here in Monroe. Since My wife's power chair probably won't go through the door at the other place They had lunch here in Monroe.

Ezerharden

We can look at that idea. Is Bob Evans OC friendly? Also, there is a dinner next Wednesday the 23rd in Romulus. There is a sticky here for it.

TheQ

All Bob Evans are corporate owned. Let me predict what will happen if you ask the local manager:

He will say he has to talk to his regional manager and you'll never hear back from him.

I hope you will prove me wrong. That's why we usually stick with mom/pop places though.