• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looking for a place to shoot.

Brendon .45

Peoples' Republic of Madison, Wisconsin, USA
I will be visiting family in Grafton and Belgium this weekend. Are there any open public ranges in the area I could go to perforate some paper with handguns and rifles? It's been a while since I lived there and the places I used to go are now all posted as no discharge of firearms.

I googled it but only got hits for gunclubs. I don't want to join a club...

Namchief

Alot of gun clubs will allow you to pay a 1 day range fee. Call them ahead of time and ask them. Will just cost you the time for the call.

treebound

Fletcher's in Waukesha is probably on your way, handguns only though.

There is a gun club near Newburg open to members only unless you're taking part in one of their skeet/sporting clays events. I stopped in their once, talked to ten different members, and not one of them could (or would) tell me who to contact for information.

You might check at the little gun shop in Grafton. I've only been in there twice since they were visited by the BATFe folks a few years ago so I don't know if they'll be able to tell you of any open ranges.

Apart from that I don't know.

Lurchiron