• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dane Co. man charged with DC while armed.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Yea, that is the worst article. Absolutely zero detail. For all we know he was a felon getting ready to rob the place and got spooked by the guards. Sad that Denny's has guards... Hope they get some more details and release them so we can make some sense of what happened.

protias

Yea, that is the worst article. Absolutely zero detail. For all we know he was a felon getting ready to rob the place and got spooked by the guards. Sad that Denny's has guards... Hope they get some more details and release them so we can make some sense of what happened.

Unless he was carrying concealed, the proper charge would be against 941.23, but if he was openly carrying, they cannot be charged with DC (you can see that especially after the Madison 5 charges were thrown out).

Packfanatic

details missing for sure

I read this earlier... Something is missing here...

Police Incident Reports

Incidents listed are selected by the Officer In Charge of each shift that may have significant public interest. Incidents listed are not inclusive of all incidents. Requests for information can be directed to the MPD Records Unit @ (608) 266-4075.

Incident report for Case#2011-227871

Released 08/15/2011 at 10:49 AM by PIO Joel DeSpain

Incident Type

Weapons Violation

Incident Date

08/14/2011 - 3:19 AM

Address

1798 Thierer Rd. (Denny's)

Arrested

Ontario P. Robinson, age 26, Waunakee
Mr. Robinson was arrested for Disorderly Conduct While Armed.

Details

A Denny's security guard said he observed two men in a bathroom stall early Sunday morning, and when he looked over their shoulders, he saw one had a handgun. Concerned, he contacted police as the men left the Thierer Rd. restaurant. Officers contacted the men in the parking lot and arrested one on a tentative charge listed above.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Police Incident Reports

Incidents listed are selected by the Officer In Charge of each shift that may have significant public interest. Incidents listed are not inclusive of all incidents. Requests for information can be directed to the MPD Records Unit @ (608) 266-4075.

Incident report for Case#2011-227871

Released 08/15/2011 at 10:49 AM by PIO Joel DeSpain

Incident Type

Weapons Violation

Incident Date

08/14/2011 - 3:19 AM

Address

1798 Thierer Rd. (Denny's)

Arrested

Ontario P. Robinson, age 26, Waunakee
Mr. Robinson was arrested for Disorderly Conduct While Armed.

Details

A Denny's security guard said he observed two men in a bathroom stall early Sunday morning, and when he looked over their shoulders, he saw one had a handgun. Concerned, he contacted police as the men left the Thierer Rd. restaurant. Officers contacted the men in the parking lot and arrested one on a tentative charge listed above.

Yea...that doesn't really give any detail either....

Mlutz

His name is in the article, anyone have time to ccap him? I'll try it. Not sure if it works on mobile though.

Mlutz

Looks like some traffic violations. Nothing looks serious. I guess we will have to wait for further details.

1FASTC4

Unless he was carrying concealed, the proper charge would be against 941.23, but if he was openly carrying, they cannot be charged with DC (you can see that especially after the Madison 5 charges were thrown out).

Not to pick a nit but, he can be charged with DC while open carrying.... he cannot be charged with DC merely FOR open carrying. What I mean is, maybe he caused some sort of disturbance while he was OC'ing. I'm not trying to pick a fight... just seems like there's some additional circumstances missing.