• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First Gun Grab

golddigger14s

Activist Member
After the sensational headline, now for the rest of the boring story. I was at Waly World (Lacey) in the checkout line, there was a lady with a young boy behind me in line. I noticed she had some freeze dried prepper food, so I introduced myself letting her know I am a representative for Shelf Reliance. As I gave her a business card I felt a slight pressure on my gun, I quickly but politely pulled little Johnny's hand from my grip saying quietly "no-no". I don't think she even noticed, because I think I freaked out more than anybody. My gun was locked and loaded, but on safe with the trigger covered by the level two holster. Nothing real exciting, like I said it freaked me out more than anybody else.

Jack House

Excellent response, you handled the situation very well. Not sure how I'd react to someone pulling at my gun. Reflex would probably kick in and I'd grab the kid's arm a bit more forceful than necessary. Hope I don't have find out for sure.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

DCKilla

I think TechnoWeenie has a similar story about a Grab, a Kid, and a Mom. I think it ended differently for some reason.:lol:

mohawk001

The only time I've had a child grab at my pistol was while deployed to the Phillipines. I slapped his hand pretty hard to get it away from me since I had no clue at first who it was behind me, and his mother got him also once she found out why he was crying. It happened on one of their bases and her husband was in their military, so she understood how it worked.