• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Peace officer pleased about openly carried AR-15's

FreeInAZ

My old state. MI has some really great Sheriff's like this one & some really bad ones. Too bad they all aren't like this deputy.

77zach

I think this guy demonstrates those qualities that I mentioned in the thread started by eye95 on authority. He was a little older, mature, educated, intelligent and calm. And he respected our rights. These are qualities we need in a peace officer.

Kirbinator

I think this guy demonstrates those qualities that I mentioned in the thread started by eye95 on authority. He was a little older, mature, educated, intelligent and calm. And he respected our rights. These are qualities we need in a peace officer.

1) He wants to go home at the end of the night.
2) He can turn off being a police officer and go home at the end of the night.
3) He doesn't have anything to prove to anyone.
4) He's using humor as a tool rather than taking control of the situation.

He's a stand-up guy, and I'm glad to see he's out there interfacing with all facets of the public. He's an asset to his department, and I hope they do something useful with him -- like promote him or put him in training.

OC for ME

Observe or approach and make contact. I would like to witness observe vs. approach and make contact. When cops do the former and not the latter, and the public witnesses cops not bothering citizens engaged in lawful behavior the tide will have surely turned.