• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

To Freedom First: I am sorry.

eye95

Freedom First,

I want to issue you a very pubic apology. I behaved toward you in a way that is inexcusable. By way of explanation, not an excuse, I did mix you up with another poster who deserves what you got! I am sorry.

Freedom First

Forgiven.

Many of us seem to get a bit too involved, too personal, even too mean when we see the other as mere pixels on a screen. I am just as guilty.

We should all remember that there's a human typing at the other end of the web. A little grace and mercy goes a long way.

countryclubjoe

Eye95 and Freedom First...

Both of you folks displayed a great deal of class.

If we spread "class" around on OCDO the site will become a more pleasurable and educational site to visit and belong...

You both are " class " acts...

My .02

Thank you both and best regards

CCJ

Freedom First

I found myself back at OCDO after being gone for a while and wondering why we do this. Sit and bash at the keyboard, often arguing about irrelevancies, day after day. I think it's the people. You are good folks. So, regardless of who you are and how much we disagree, we should all look up from the keys and remember, "This is a human I am dealing with. A human with a life. Trials. A past. Pain perhaps. And how am I treating this person?"

Personally, it gave me a check in my heart. I'm guilty of messing with folks. I've written things I would never have said to the person to their face. And I am ashamed.

So, today and from this point on, I will be striving to be honest and decent at the same time. It can be done but it takes a few seconds longer before sending your post. Perhaps we can move this place up a notch.

Just sayin'.

georg jetson

I found myself back at OCDO after being gone for a while and wondering why we do this. Sit and bash at the keyboard, often arguing about irrelevancies, day after day. I think it's the people. You are good folks. So, regardless of who you are and how much we disagree, we should all look up from the keys and remember, "This is a human I am dealing with. A human with a life. Trials. A past. Pain perhaps. And how am I treating this person?"

Personally, it gave me a check in my heart. I'm guilty of messing with folks. I've written things I would never have said to the person to their face. And I am ashamed.

So, today and from this point on, I will be striving to be honest and decent at the same time. It can be done but it takes a few seconds longer before sending your post. Perhaps we can move this place up a notch.

Just sayin'.

+1 to this!!!

I will strive as well.

Rusty Young Man

I contracted diabetes from reading this thread.

Now THAT made me LOL. I don't approve of many of your posts' content or lack of context, but as Citizen put it, sometimes you drop a real gem into the conversation.

OT: when you look in front of you and only see a screen and keyboard it can be easy to forget we are speaking with other individuals like us. Add to that the fact that many members have non-human avatars, and it is easy to forget you're addressing other Freedom-loving individuals (why else would they be posting meaningful content here on OCDO?) who may differ in opinion BUT have share the same goals for this country, not a carrot-eating gorilla, a P226 (?), or an indestructible shield belonging to a science-fiction superhero.:)
If anything, this event can serve as a reminder that we may need to have more get-togethers in members' respective cities/states.:D
Glad you two could make peace.

Freedom First

Now THAT made me LOL.

Me too.

OT: when you look in front of you and only see a screen and keyboard it can be easy to forget we are speaking with other individuals like us. Add to that the fact that many members have non-human avatars, and it is easy to forget you're addressing other Freedom-loving individuals (why else would they be posting meaningful content here on OCDO?) who may differ in opinion BUT have share the same goals for this country, not a carrot-eating gorilla, a P226 (?), or an indestructible shield belonging to a science-fiction superhero.:)
If anything, this event can serve as a reminder that we may need to have more get-togethers in members' respective cities/states.:D

I haven't gotten a OC dinner together in a while... Good point.

Glad you two could make peace.

Me too. I have respect for someone who sticks to his guns, regardless of the scorn of others. I would suggest that some of our Founders had the same sort of edge to them. They had to. Look at what they were facing? Generally I try to listen to the idea, to glean what I need to learn rather than focusing on who is right. Mostly.

BTW It's a Taurus (gasp!) PT-945SS. Nice gun, stainless, looks good OC and very accurate. Fits in a P228/229 Serpa with a little plastic removal. Oh, and did mention it was only $400 with two mags? Never a single FTF or FTE. SA/DA with decocker. 8+1 single stack.

1245A Defender

Well,,,,

Freedom First,

I want to issue you a very pubic apology. I behaved toward you in a way that is inexcusable. By way of explanation, not an excuse, I did mix you up with another poster who deserves what you got! I am sorry.

So, who was the intended victim of your wrath?

I too, just gotta say,,, why a separate thread to say, sorry to freedom first?

I have spent much time trying to find a thread where eye95 and
someone that may be confused with freedom first got in a argument.
just cant find it...

It would have made much more sense for eye95 to make his apology in the thread
where he made the mistaken accusation for which he is making this apology!
Then we could All follow along,,,, and say,,, OH so thats what happened!!!

I mean, Really!!! Just Who did eye dis? Why did he dis him?
How did eye dis freedom first instead of the Real object of his wrath?

I even wonder if freedom first even knows what or why eye95 is apologizing to him?
I know that I, and probably many others have no idea just what happened here!

Color me,,, in the dark.,...

Fuller Malarkey

SNIP

Me too. I have respect for someone who sticks to his guns, regardless of the scorn of others. I would suggest that some of our Founders had the same sort of edge to them. They had to. Look at what they were facing? Generally I try to listen to the idea, to glean what I need to learn rather than focusing on who is right. Mostly.

SNIPPED

I believe you might have misapplied an old idiom. "Sticking to your guns" typically means that one's convictions on an issue outweigh their need for approval, and are willing to buck other's attempts to sway them.

It most cases, I find that an admirable trait.

However, that is not what we are seeing here with eye95. Not even close. What you THINK is "sticking to his guns" is little more than a full fledged temper tantrum cloaked in arrogance and attempted to be passed as superior standing and privilege.

We've seen the gamut of tantrum antics: "I'm gonna hold my breath until my face turns blue", "I'm gonna run away form home and then you'll be sorry" to "I hate you" to the authority figures present. That is not "Sticking to one's guns". That's a tantrum. And with all tantrums, the end goal is to get one's way. Getting "one's way" is different than "sticking to one's guns".

This behavior is not limited to humans on brain tilt. Pigs are notorious for throwing fits. They will attempt to intimidate, charge at handlers, bare teeth, those failing, will launch into tirades of squealing that equal or surpass a jet engine in decibels. Deafening and painful, those in the proximity of the pig typically back off, hoping to find a less painful method of dealing with the pig. I'm not talking about a fear based reaction, rather, a pig-headed stance that the pig will dominate, and has taken a stance to challenge all comers in maintaining that position. It can be dangerous to allow that behavior to go unchecked, as the pig learns they can get their way by "sticking to their guns". Once that is ingrained in the hog's mind, it is hard to break them of it. You might try beating it out of them, however, you can't trust a pig. You never know when they will take advantage of an opening and attack. Options, once they develop the mindset that they dominate, are limited to confinement until they are finished off and butchered, or put out of your misery.

I think my metaphors fit better in this situation than "I sure admire your ability to stick to your guns".

The most disturbing revelation of these tantrums is the blatant hypocrisy. There's nothing admirable about that.

Last edited:

Freedom1Man

I too, just gotta say,,, why a separate thread to say, sorry to freedom first?

I have spent much time trying to find a thread where eye95 and
someone that may be confused with freedom first got in a argument.
just cant find it...

It would have made much more sense for eye95 to make his apology in the thread
where he made the mistaken accusation for which he is making this apology!
Then we could All follow along,,,, and say,,, OH so thats what happened!!!

I mean, Really!!! Just Who did eye dis? Why did he dis him?
How did eye dis freedom first instead of the Real object of his wrath?

I even wonder if freedom first even knows what or why eye95 is apologizing to him?
I know that I, and probably many others have no idea just what happened here!

Color me,,, in the dark.,...

I noticed that he was not apologizing for laying his wrath in the first place but rather aiming at and hitting the wrong target. Maybe they were wearing similar hats?