• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Revision of Posts

springfield 1911

Founder's Club Member
Let us get back on focus and and turn our energy back to where it needs to be, Against those who wish to infringe on our right to carry open or concealed.

Lets keep our sibling bickering on a face to face basis.

paul@paul-fisher.com

Let us get back on focus and and turn our energy back to where it needs to be, Against those who wish to infringe on our right to carry open or concealed.

Lets keep our sibling bickering on a face to face basis.

+100000000000000!

This a 2A site, not a 1A site. Also, we have enough enemies, we don't need to make any more amongst ourselves.

B

bhancock

Clarification in edit

So admin I can say I am as confused as Gleason on this one that I posted in the Jesus Fund thread. The poster asked for clarification, which I gave him in a nice way, which you deleted leaving only my slightly sardonic remark. Either delete the whole thing or leave it stand the way it was. By deleting only part of it, I am left out of context, which I really don't like. Oh and guess who I was responding to? Seems odd to me.

'more info' I looked back and found his response to me completely gone, no trace that he had been edited, deleted or responded which he had by calling Doug and idjiot.

Translation and comment

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
Can somebody translate this foolishness for me please?

--EDITED _ OFF TOPIC--

I trust those were the parts you were having trouble with. Try Google next time. Some are born Confederate and some are Confederate by choice.

Thank goodness I am a self educated Yankee so I can understand those southerners. Must be all that mountain music I listen to.

Well I for one hope I am not left to stand by myself in front of a judge and jury if I make the decision to defend myself or my loved ones with my firearm that I carry openly. The anti's are like hungry lame lions waiting to pick off a stray or injured one. Guilty or not guilty, he will not get a fair trial without a lot of money, otherwise the verdict will mean nothing and no one will be able to have confidence in the findings.

Last edited:

J.Gleason

Banned
Now he's going to get mad and leave "forever" again, only to return because one poor soul asks him to stay. This is one finely run forum and if you don't like the horrible way in which you are being treated don't let the door hit your tookus on the way out.

Your posts in the "Jesus" thread got deleted and edited mainly because you insulted me for offering another perspective, not that I reported it to John or Mike as I could care less about what you are currently driveling.

Gee I wonder if this personal attack will be edited? Or if the mods will just turn the other cheek.

B

bhancock

Now he's going to get mad and leave "forever" again, only to return because one poor soul asks him to stay. This is one finely run forum and if you don't like the horrible way in which you are being treated don't let the door hit your tookus on the way out.

Your posts in the "Jesus" thread got deleted and edited mainly because you insulted me for offering another perspective, not that I reported it to John or Mike as I could care less about what you are currently driveling.

I have never met Gleason, but based on what I have seen here I would trust him on my 6 o clock any day of the week. More than fair when treated right.

BROKENSPROKET

Spartacus, with regard to your initial post in the "legal fund" thread, the only difference right now between Gleason and I is that while I bit my tongue, he did not. Gleason did break some forum rules, but I would have been more colorful.

Spartacus

Banned
^^^ I don't see any "personal attack" in my last post which was deleted but then quoted about 4 times. Show me where I called him a name or disrespected him which he has continually done to me.

I offered my opinion about him crying about getting his posts edited and thats all.

J.Gleason

Banned
I will say this and it will be my last response to you. This is not a personal attack, it is merely an observation of your past behavior. You come into this forum and you degrade people because they do not agree with everything you say. You degrade them because they own a handgun that doesn't meet your standards and chastise them because your firearm costs more then theirs does. How ridiculous is that? You make comments about one of our own and criticize him for acting in what he believed was self defense of his life. Were you there? No.

For you to make any such comments as well as the insults you have tossed blatantly at other members here has made it more than obvious to all of us that you are NOT one of us.

Sure you helped out with an OC picnic. Thank you. It has become more than evident that your reason for doing so may have been more to satisfy your ego than to help out the cause. From this point forward, I do not recognize you as one of us I don't care if you are a member of WCI or not, some people join for all the wrong reasons.

Enough said.

Last edited:

KRM59

way behind

i started reading this post from page one and still not clear what the original idea was:uhoh:
I am fairly new to the forum, and i have had several comments to my posts that were not the most flattering. but i just take them with a grain of salt and move on. It seems to me all of our time would be best spent helping each other along rather than berate,belittle or chastise someone on there post. I am very sure i will post something sometime that will not be the clearest in its wording and it will be jumped on. constructive critisizum is welcomed, belittlement is not.

Trolls are a different story ... lol

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
These personality clashes benefit nobody and contribute not at all to OCDO. IMHO they do NOT belong here.

Spartacus

Banned
These personality clashes benefit nobody and contribute not at all to OCDO. IMHO they do NOT belong here.

Forums are as daily life. We don't always get along with those we rub shoulders with either here or in real time. However you perceive Gleason and I "clashing" we are on the same page regarding the desire to promote OC in WI and work towards CC.

The owners have allowed this thread so who are you to say otherwise?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Forums are as daily life. We don't always get along with those we rub shoulders with either here or in real time. However you perceive Gleason and I "clashing" we are on the same page regarding the desire to promote OC in WI and work towards CC.

The owners have allowed this thread so who are you to say otherwise?

Was not speaking directly to you, but if you perceive it as so then it must be.

Do you not agree that the forum would benefit by not having intentional personal attacks directed at other posters thereby derailing threads?

Spartacus

Banned
Was not speaking directly to you, but if you perceive it as so then it must be.

Do you not agree that the forum would benefit by not having intentional personal attacks directed at other posters thereby derailing threads?

I think that certain members have very thin skins and almost anything is perceived by them as a "personal attack".

Gleason crying about his posts being deleted and edited are a good example. What person does not understand that is what mods and owners do on a forum? Its their forum and we are merely guests here.

I also feel that you are being a bit disingenuous Grapeshot. If not Gleason and I, which "personality clashes" were you referring to?

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

I think that certain members have very thin skins and almost anything is perceived by them as a "personal attack".

+1

I also feel that you are being a bit disingenuous Grapeshot. If not Gleason and I, which "personality clashes" were you referring to?

I am not going to name names because it might be construed as a personal attack but there are many more WI posters that post 'combative' (how's that for diplomacy) stuff that could be misinterpreted.