• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Madison PD detains and cites OCers tonight.

xenophon

Hi everybody. Total newbie here, inspired to join by the outrageous Culvers incident.

I remember 1 or 2 years ago, when the guy walked down State Street until he was arrested using the catch-all "disorderly conduct" because his OC offended some liberal hippie. That offended the hell out of me. My constitutional rights are NOT subject to approval and consent of other people. They are unalienable.

Using this same logic: I am extremely upset by everybody who voted for Obama, so, shouldn't they all be arrested? People who are upset by watching others exercise their freedom need to be schooled. I LOVED the reply of one of the guys about the woman with the child being a possible pedophile. Logic is so wonderful isn't it? And how did the LEOs know that everyone in posession of a food tray wasn't going to suddenly bash someone over the head with the tray? I am TIRED of the police State mentality, not just from the cops, but sadly, from all too many brainwashed citizens too eager to ambrace tyranny like good little fascists. That 62-year-old woman should have known better. And just think, she actually thinks she did the right thing. She will probably receive some sort of "good citizen" award, too.

Sorry for the long post. This just really pisses me off.

Welcome. I'm sure there are many others, who haven't posted, who are joining up the effort because of examples like in this thread.

It only makes us stronger, and gives us publicity to make others aware.

Passive101

It was awesome to hear you with Vicki, Nick. You did a great job. You have very good communication skills and it was a pleasure to listen to you speak.

Thank you for sticking up for us!

Jason in WI

Sorry fellas, I feel bad I wasn't there with you guys. I was looking forward to hanging out with Motofixxer after meeting him in Beloit, I didn't know all the cool kids were coming too :cry:.

You guys did great :banana: don't let anyone tell you different. Figures I make every meet-up that wasn't across the state (except Glocks, I had just come back from a trip) and something like this happens.

Jason in WI

Darn!! an i miss it.. i was out playing hid an go seek the open carryer in CUDAHY...

I know this is a bit off topic but...........

Range rat, the Mayor stopped by to talk to the old-man about the road their "fixing", and I came out and talked to him about some of the issues we were having. Of course I was armed like I always am at work and either he didn't notice or it didn't faze him. If I remember right hes not cool with carrying so I fully expected the whole Cudhay police department to stop over for an impromptu meet and greet, but all was well. He seemed like an alright guy other wise, even called back the next day.

J.Gleason

Banned
I know this is a bit off topic but...........

Range rat, the Mayor stopped by to talk to the old-man about the road their "fixing", and I came out and talked to him about some of the issues we were having. Of course I was armed like I always am at work and either he didn't notice or it didn't faze him. If I remember right hes not cool with carrying so I fully expected the whole Cudhay police department to stop over for an impromptu meet and greet, but all was well. He seemed like an alright guy other wise, even called back the next day.

He probably didn't notice. You really should get a shirt made up that has a large arrow pointing to your firearm. lol
Bet he would notice then. lol

IcrewUH60

Welcome. I'm sure there are many others, who haven't posted, who are joining up the effort because of examples like in this thread.

It only makes us stronger, and gives us publicity to make others aware.

yep. I paid my dues yesterday to become a member of WCI exactly because of this issue. "5" is not enough.

paul@paul-fisher.com

I have seriously considered asking our local rights organization to have shirts made that in large text say: "Yes, open carry is legal. Ask me about it."

That is probably a better idea then mine.

That is why I liked Nik's interview last night. The host kept repeating 'OC is legal, stop calling the cops!'.

Rich B

That is probably a better idea then mine.

That is why I liked Nik's interview last night. The host kept repeating 'OC is legal, stop calling the cops!'.

In my case, I had a Bail Enforcement Agent who had a permit for 25 years verbally assault me and call the police on me for the sole act of open carrying. When contacted by a member of the press following the incident and following the dismissal of my charge as soon as it hit the State's Attorney, he was told open carry is legal and that he in fact caused the incident. He replied that he didn't care and would do the same thing again if he caught someone OCing.

I have not yet gotten the chance to test his claim.

Last edited:

TyGuy

Sorry, but as a F.I.B. that comes up to WI to OC, how would I become a member of WIcarry? I would love to support them like I do Icarry. I know that Icarry has t-shirts with a message like "ask me about carrying a firearm for personal protection" so I like the WIcarry t-shirt idea.

I am not trying to bring up any WIcarry vs Icarry debates as I enjoy what both sites are trying to do, but I want to put some $$$ in the hands of WIcarry. Where can I send my check?

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Sorry, but as a F.I.B. that comes up to WI to OC, how would I become a member of WIcarry?

Hey TyGuy,

You can join Wisconsin Carry by our website. www.wisconsincarry.org

You can also buy Wisconsin Carry t-shirts on our website. We should have Wisconsin Carry hats in a the next couple of weeks also.

As for a t-shirt that says "Open Carry is Legal" or something like that, I guess I haven't thought about that since open-carry is legal, I suggest that people just open-carry. Actions speak louder than words.

I think just "doing it" is the best advertisement there is.

Who needs a t-shirt to tell people OC is legal when you have a gun on your hip to prove it.

Having said that the one consideration I would give is that some people may not want to bother you with questions, so a shirt that said "OC is legal, ask me how" might let people know you welcome questions.

When you do get questions, here is a brochure you can hand out that is an "OC primer" Its the basic information people who want to carry need to know.

View attachment 3993

Jason in WI

Where can I send my check?

[strike]Just hand me a check next time you see me, my name is CASH :D.

Seriously, you can do it online http://www.wisconsincarry.org
You can send them a check using a form you can also find at the above site.
Or my personal favorite, you can sign up at most of the larger events as they have a table setup usually.[/strike]

Everybody beat me to it!

Last edited:

The Don

Hey TyGuy,

You can join Wisconsin Carry by our website. www.wisconsincarry.org

You can also buy Wisconsin Carry t-shirts on our website. We should have Wisconsin Carry hats in a the next couple of weeks also.

Has WCI given any thought to window clings (if that's what they're called) in addition to bumper stickers for cars? I have a deep seated aversion to messing up my car with bumper stickers, but a window cling (similar to what universities and colleges do) would be pretty sweet.

protias

Just listened to Nik's interview with Vicki and I have to say once again, well done Nik and thank you for taking time out of your busy day to do this for us.

CUOfficer

Has WCI given any thought to window clings (if that's what they're called) in addition to bumper stickers for cars? I have a deep seated aversion to messing up my car with bumper stickers, but a window cling (similar to what universities and colleges do) would be pretty sweet.

There are larger window clings listed on the WCI website and I remember selling some small ones at the West Salem picnic. I am sure bnhcomputing probably has some left.

M

McX

everyone should remember the leadership of Wisconsin Carry VOLUNTEERS their time, talents, and efforts for all our benefit.