• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Toys 'R' Us: Boycott.

Haz.

We at Toys R us dont like guns but we sell these to get children interested.
Your kids can shoot cross bow darts at each other, blast each other with water guns, with pretend bazookas, with 16 dart dart blasters, also a twin Tek 6 Dart Blaster with Target and 24 Darts, and for the kids in space we have space blasters, but dont you dare come to our store ready to defend yourselves and your children.

We dont have any signs out front banning robbers, rapists, pedofiles, criminals of all kinds, and even bad guys in general because we wouldn't like to offend them. In case someone does enter and begins to shoot the place up, feel free to grab any one of our many products such as the extreemly accurate cross bows, blasters, dart balsters and water pistols mentioned above and fire at will.

You will find these on our pretend firearms shelves and all at reasonable prices.

http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=3761940

1. Air Zone Cross Bow
Our Price: $14.99
In Stock
Free Shipping!**

2. True Heroes 2-in-1 Space Blaster
List Price: $14.99
Our Price: $4.98
In Stock
Free Shipping!**

3.Sizzlin' Cool Steady Stream Power Pump Blaster
Our Price: $5.99
In Stock
Free Shipping!**

4. Air Zone Photon Burst Power Blaster
List Price: $9.99
Our Price: $7.98
In Stock
Free Shipping!**

5. Air Zone Tec 6 Dart Blaster
Our Price: $7.99
In Stock
Free Shipping!**

6. Sizzlin' Cool Peak Velocity Blaster
List Price: $14.99
Our Price: $9.98
In Stock
Free Shipping!**

7. Air Zone A2 XS Blast Bazooka
Our Price: $9.98
Out of Stock
Free Shipping!**

8. Sizzlin' Cool Aquapower XR75
List Price: $19.99
Our Price: $10.98
In Stock
Free Shipping!**

9. Air Zone 8 Dart Blaster with 16 Darts
Our Price: $10.99
In Stock
Free Shipping!**

10. Air Zone Dual Fire Dart Blaster
Our Price: $12.99
In Stock
Free Shipping!**

11. Air Zone Quickload Power Blaster
Our Price: $14.98
In Stock
Free Shipping!**

12. Air Zone Twin Tek 6 Dart Blaster with Target and 24 Darts
Our Price: $14.99
In Stock
Free Shipping!**

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
we at toys r us dont like guns but we sell these to get children interested.

We dont have any signs out front banning robbers, rapists, pedofiles, criminals of all kinds, and even bad guys in general because we wouldn't like to offend them.

rotflmao!

paramedic70002, you should include haz's post in your letter to Ms. Albano!

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
My Letter to Toys-R-Us

I sent this moments ago:

Dear Toys-R-Us:

I has come to my attention that your stores refuse entry to law-abiding citizens who are lawfully armed.

Both my country and state have extended me the right to arm myself as a means of protecting life and limb of myself and my family. It's a proven deterrent, but only if regularly exercised by us citizens.

Your policy, however, prevents us from protecting ourselves and our loved ones. By creating a "gun-free zone," you have simultaneously created a "free-fire zone" into which the deranged may wade in, shooting with impunity, much the same as was created by school policy at Virginia Tech, and YES, I'm a graduate of Virginia Tech, class of '88.

I recently retired from the U.S. Air Force, having spent 20+ years defending my country and our Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic. We risked our lives, and some of my friends died doing their duty. We did so, however, because we love our country and the freedoms we enjoy.

I find your policy severely infringes upon the freedoms for which I and others fought and for which some of us died. As such, your policy is shameful, not to mention contrary to common sense and the safety of the general public who frequent your stores.

Because of the hazards your policy creates, I will NOT be frequenting your stores any longer. They're not safe for kids (or adults).

Sincerely,

since9

Send your own letter to Toys-R-Us! If the link doesn't work, you'll have to go to the Contact Us page at the bottom and wade through a few screens.

chiefjason

Fired this one off a few minutes ago. Paramedic, that's the same response that showed up on another board.

Dear Sir or Madame,

As a Toys R Us shopper and law abiding firearms carrier, I was very disappointed to see that your Hickory, NC store was posted against lawfully carrying a firearm. NC lawfully allows both open and concealed carry of handguns and your store is currently posted "No firearms." I mention lawful carry of firearms because no sign stuck to an entrance door has ever stopped a criminal from carrying a firearm. Not at banks, schools, shopping mall, or toy stores. That's why I have chosen to lawfully carry a handgun myself. To protect myself and my family from criminals that do not obey the law, or signs. I'm sure that you feel you are doing your customers a service by "protecting them" in the store. So my question to you is this. Who will protect them if something happens in the store? Who will protect them walking to and from the store? I would assume that most incidents of crime against customers occur in the parking lots. Are you prepared to secure the parking areas of your stores to protect your customers? I'm sure you are neither prepared or willing to actively patrol your parking lots to protect your customers. And that is why my wife and I have taken this step to provide protection for our family.

I am also a law abiding citizen of NC. I have to be, so that I can carry a concealed handgun. Since I lawfully carry a concealed handgun, and also obey the laws of NC, I am writing to tell you that I will no longer shop at Toys R Us. I do not shop with stores that do not respect my right to bear arms and my right to protect my family. I have 2 young daughters that I used to shop for in your stores. However, all of the toys that we have purchased for them at Toys R Us can easily be purchased elsewhere. And unless your store changes it's stance on the lawful carry of firearms, we will be shopping elsewhere.

Sincerely,

email contact
contactus@toysrus.com

eye95

I see a lot of folks writing to TRU. However, I have seen very few replies from TRU posted here. Are they ignoring us? I know they have not replied to my email.

paramedic70002

Someone over at dc.com did some good digging:

CEO : Gerald L. Storch
TITLE : Chairman and CEO
EMAIL : StorchG@toysrus.com

Mr. Storch,

I have had some communication with your company recently regarding your new "No guns" policy but now I feel I must address you, the CEO.

Let me first say, welcome to the fraternity of Gun Free Zone establishments. I have compiled a list of a few of your contemporaries:

Luby's Cafeteria, Killeen, TX
Columbine High School
Virginia Tech
Trolley Square Mall, Utah
University of Alabama, Huntsville
Fort Hood Texas
Jonesboro High School, Jonesboro, AR
Westroads Mall, Omaha, Nebraska
Xerox building, Honolulu, HI
Pearl High School, Pearl, MS
Hartford Distributors, Manchester, CT
Binghamton, NY Immigration Center
Lockheed Martin plant, Meridian, MS

This list is not complete, but represents a few minutes work on Google. I must point out that all these locations have been the scenes of mass shootings in recent history. Alternately, it is proving much more difficult to catalog mass shootings at gun ranges/stores, police stations, or any place gun advocates gather.

Following you will find links to three articles that illustrate the faulty logic that surround Gun Free Zones. I hope you take the time to read them. As a law abiding gun owner, I will not be patronizing your stores until this issue is resolved by removing the "No guns" signs and your policy returns to it's previous condition. That's Christmas and two birthdays in my family, which usually are quite profitable for you. Since WalMart is firearms friendly anf quite competitive in price, they will get my money. You should also be aware that this issue is running hot on many firearms forums.

http://gunfreezone.net/wordpress/index.php/what-is-a-gun-free-zone-the-suspension-of-logic/

http://www.american-partisan.com/cols/brown/080800.htm

http://articles.cnn.com/2007-04-19/...n-free-brady-campaign-zero-tolerance?_s=PM:US

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

"Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Last edited:

chiefjason

I see a lot of folks writing to TRU. However, I have seen very few replies from TRU posted here. Are they ignoring us? I know they have not replied to my email.

I got a canned response today. Word for word, what others have gotten but a different employee.

Snakemathis

Im sure Ill get the canned response as well, that being said, I sent an email as well regarding this policy. Hopefully they will see the support this boycott has and overturn their horribly unsafe policies.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
I discovered the local Toys R Us after a co-worker told me about it back in mid August. Both of us wrote the corporation and all we received were canned comments about sending the issue to the corporate office for consideration. Unfortunately the co-worker had already made a purchase having missed the sign on the way in, but he now does not do business with Toys R Us either. Here's the original posting in the Virginia forum. It's interesting to see that this has most certainly been rolled out throughout the U.S.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?79408-Toys-R-Us-NO-FIREARMS

thx997303

From the responses to your earlier thread, it appears that Toys 'R' Us did indeed implement this policy fairly recently.

Hopefully this whole boycott thing is hitting them in the pocket book hard.

since9

Campaign Veteran
I too got the canned response and both Storch and Jennifer auto return my emails. I get the feeling that they dont want my oppinion on the issue. :-(

Their loss. With any luck, the dollars Toys-R-Us is loosing from the boycott will result in cutbacks, hopefully beginning with these two. I'm really not wishing anyone out of a job. I'd simply like to see whatever idiot at TRU who thought this up receive his/her pink slip.

Meanwhile, I OC'd at Wal-Mart for about the 20th time last night, buying some groceries, a DVD, and a toy for my son. A couple of people noticed. No one cared one way or the other. Just business as usual.

As it should be.

Last edited:

hopnpop

I haven't been thread-browsing lately and just stumbled upon this. This really sucks - I've OC'd at my 'local' TRU countless times, of course, without incident. Never even had an employee bat an eye over it. Now this. Friggin super. :banghead: