• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

** Legal Defense fund for Skidmark **

2a4all

I think all of you could actually use that to your advantage. If the courthouse is small, and a nice sized contingent of people show up, it would at the least give the impression that our numbers are sizable....which they are.

One of the Sheriff's primary responsibilities is courthouse security. I'm guessing he'll need to expand his perimeter on 1/4/2011. Maybe he can get help from VDOT?

Mr H

Donation being sent via Paypal. Even though I reside in Maryland, this could easily have been any one of us, regardless of state of residence.

If any kind of demonstration or attendence in court is required to support Skid , I will drive down. (OC'ing oc course.)

Posted on Maryland Shooters forum as well. More money coming from the troops in Marylanistan.

Hang in there Skid, we're with ya! They didn't just harass you, they harassed ALL of us.

As Admiral Yamamoto said "You could never invade the United States, there would be a rifle behind every blade of grass."

As true today as 67 years ago.

This Tyranny will NOT stand.

Been reading for a couple days, and will definitely be sending something this week.

If garbage like this can happen in Virginia, what are the possibilities for the REST of us?!

If this happened in MD, you can be pretty certain that the ferry would be out of service on the date of the hearing. "Unscheduled maintenance" or "Weather anomalies" of some such hooey.

p.publius

If no body minds...

Sent some funds. I think I can scrape up 50 dollars more soon. On 1/4 I'll be out of town (Pearl Harbor, HI) so I'll not know anything untill it gets posted here...

That being said, I am going to cross-post to the USCCA.org forum. They are not OC friendly but most understand the 2nd amendment...

Robert Jeffery

XD-GEM

Campaign Veteran
Donation forthcoming, and I'll post a link on Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League website. Hang in there, Skidmark.

Sometimes one is called upon to render aid. Sometimes one is called upon to be the recipient of aid. Right now, it is your turn to receive. Relax, trust in God, and let your friends help you.

And sic your attorney on the other guys.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I wouldn't want to give them my money. I would rather picket them.

If I had the gumption I would abandon my car on the ferry to block traffic but prefer to pursue civil discourse before any other demonstration.

I thought the ferry was free?

The ferry is the only VDOT operated ferry in the state and it's a free ride.....both ways.

The Surrey Court House is a bit diminutive - and seating may be limited to reservations - just kidding. Big parking lot on one side and another in the back. Very nice well known, landmark restaurant (Surry House) is not a block away and are they ever "friendly."

People will be coming by land and by sea, to see what they can see. I trust my "HOORAH - Good job Marine" will get plenty of exercise.

Gone to acknowledge PayPal notifications.
icon14.png

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Maybe a Land Speed Record!

Since this thread was first posted on Dec 3rd at 8:06 PM, barely 48 hours ago there have been 6,215 separate views and still just getting the engines crankin"!

We are expanding and drawing tight at the same time! How do you all do that - must be that "hiding in plain view thing" I keep hearing about. We were their all along, some people just didn't get it - kick one dog off the porch and they'll all start hollarin'.

My score keeping machine is gonna get the dust blown off tonight. :lol:

user

Accomplished Advocate
This came to me by email from Ray Cory, owner of http://www.Lobogunleather.com - I'd ordered a couple of holsters from him, recently, but here's his response regarding my having sent him a check to pay for what I'd ordered:

Dan:

Your check is still riding around in my wallet. I'm not at the shop right now so I can't check on your order, but it should be getting done pretty soon.

Very interesting situation that you and Skidmark are dealing with. I hope that you will be successful in his defense. From the gist of some of your posts (in the link provided) it appears that you are dealing with a private security guard and supervisor who started the ball rolling over nothing more than pettiness and ego.

Should be lots of documentary evidence, as well as recorded communications, available from the two law enforcement agencies involved. Sifting through all of that might make the cross-examination process very interesting. Bull-shitters seldom have the ability to keep their stories straight, and juries can be pretty good at identifying bullies.

It sounds like Virginia statutes contain some rather strong requirements to overcome prior to considering a civil action. In the event that a civil claim follows, deposing the rent-a-cops should be rather fun, I would think.

So, I will look forward to hearing that your client prevails. When I send out your current order I will include your check, endorsed over to Skidmark's defense fund.

Please give Skidmark my best regards, along with encouragement from a retired police chief to stand firm on his rights. A lot of citizens are counting on Skidmark, and you, to make the right things happen.

Ray

Last edited:

Riana

My 2 cents have been tossed into the donation jar... good luck and keep us posted (when prudent and possible, of course).