• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ron Paul calls binLaden raid "unnecessary"

buster81

COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Personal attacks, stalking, and harassing other members are all violations of the forum rules. If you disagree with another poster's positions, then address their positions and if they cross the line, then report it to me. Gunslinger has been given a 7 day timeout, after which I expect him to respect the rules. Anyone talking about him badly while he is not here to defend himself will face the same punishment. Let's keep it civil! JOHN

I'm confused. I wasn't talking about gunslinger. I must be missing something.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
Careful about that. I brew my own, and the last batch I did exploded and ate a hole in the carpet. :eek:

eyepopping.gif
WTF???

You're sure you were brewing beer or maybe you accidentally found a recipie for methamphetamine...

sorry.gif
Sorry to hear about the carpet, I'm sure your wife was devistated at the loss of the beer too.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
He's clearly gone over the deep end. Who knows what pushed him over the edge, but he's crossed a line this morning with his creepy, stalker-like antics.

Quite frankly, I think he should be introduced to the business end of the Admin's boot as he's sent on his way. A site like this has no place for bile like that.

I'm not sure what was said, but the admins are pretty leinent, so it must have been pretty over the top. It's really just best to ignore the moonbats who get under your skin, rather that go into circular arguements with them.

eye95

Take a look at her signature and tell me again about personal insults.

My to oere:

Unless she changed her sig since your post, there was no personal attack in it. I inferred a specious argument contending that those who despise the president's policies are doing so for racial reasons, but that comment is not being directed at anyone in particular and, therefore, IMO, is not a personal attack.

I see it simply as a foolish and irrational argument that says more about the arguer than it does about those of us who think that Obama is anti-Liberty and wish that he were no longer president--and that this comes about by proper and constitutional means.

Metalhead47

eyepopping.gif
WTF???

You're sure you were brewing beer or maybe you accidentally found a recipie for methamphetamine...

sorry.gif
Sorry to hear about the carpet, I'm sure your wife was devistated at the loss of the beer too.

Heh, lil too much priming sugar I think... although the lawn mower ran great on it... right until it ate through the fuel lines :D

I guess there's a fine line between "putting hair on your chest" and eating right through it.

Last edited:

Metalhead47

OK this has nothing to do with the thread, but in the interest of levity I just had to pass this experience on:

I've got stickers on my skid lid that read "F--- YOUR OBAMA/I WANT MY REPUBLIC BACK." As I was getting ready to get off the ferry this evening, one of the deckhands looks real close at the helmet and says, "what's 'I want my republic back' mean?" Now this came so completely out of left field, and at the end of a long day, that it caught me totally off guard. So the best I could come up with on the spot was "Um, if I have to explain it to you, I really don't have time right now." TO which he replies, "sounds racist to me"

asset.php
asset.php

At which point I burst out laughing. Loudly.

Now maybe he was being facetious and I'm just missing the joke, it was a long day after all. :rolleyes:

END_THE_FED

Gold is finite, wouldn't it limit the size of the economy? If you have (for example) 10 billion ounces of gold, either in FT Knox or in circulation as coin. With it's value staked at (lets just say) $1000 per ounce, doesn't that limit your economy to 10 Trillion Dollars of circulating currency? What is our GDP right now? How do you move that much cash around?

The fact that there is a limited supply of precious metals is actually a benefit for its use as money. Right now the amount of Federal Reserve Notes. (what the government want you to think is money) in circulation can change on a whim. When the amount of FRNs in circulation increases (usually done electronically) it necessarily reduces the value of the current notes in circulation.

The amount of time and labor needed to generate a 1 FRN or 1,000 FRN and introduce it into the economy is essentially the same. You cant say the same about precious metals.
There is real labor and energy involved in mining and coining metal.

True money should have 3 essential qualities: It should be widely accepted, it should be portable, and should be a store of value.

I have a dime in my wallet that was coined in 1957 and is comprised of 90% silver. In 1957 it would be perfectly reasonable for me to expect to walk into a corner store and buy a candy bar and a coke with that dime. Today the "melt value" of that coin is about $2.45 I could easily go to a store today with $2.45 and get a candy bar and a coke.

The point is that if you took 1,000 ounces of silver and put it in a safe for 50 years you could expect it to more or less maintain its buying power. you cant say the same thing about 1,000 FRNs

So I just have to believe there is a way to make fractional reserve banking work properly, in a way that doesn't screw over US............
That sir, is like believing there is a way to allow people to steal from Safeway without screwing over Safeway (and its customers)

Anyway I just saw RP in a discussion on Fox, and he was impressive. To be honest, he's my second choice at this point. I like Herman Cain more than anyone else. If he isn't going to run, RP is going to get my vote. I say so with the understanding that the globalist elite will do everything to crush our economy if RP suddenly had all of the power of the federal gov't at his finger tips.

I did like some of what Cain had to say in the debate but I don't think I trust him. He is a Federal Reserve banker and that worries me greatly.

The Dollar use to be defined as 371 1/$ grains of 90% silver then there was a fixed ratio of Dollars to gold. I would prefer returning to the silver standard with out the fixed ratio to gold ( this caused a lot of problems I will have to save for another post )

But the main thing is to not have something that can be created so easily, and has no store of value. Somthing that represents labor and production not debt. (every FRN introduced to the economy comes from debt)

I would encourage you to start doing a bit of research on the economic/monetary history of America. It is actually pretty interesting.

Also learn about the Federal Reserve (that is not Federal and is not a reserve).

The movie "Money As Debt" is a good place to start. its a little over 45 mins long. "Money Masters" is also good but it is very long. Look up Edwin Vieira Jr and read his articles and watch his videos.

Beretta92FSLady

Jefferson's issues are no different than Obama's issues. Technological advances only affect how the issues are managed. Now, with that said, technology has had an impact on the perception of these "issues" but foreign relations are foreign relations. Foreign trade is foreign trade. War is war. The only difference in my view is the reduction in the response time required to address the issues.

Or for an aggressor to wage an attack on U.S. soil.

Part of the reason President Obama issues are more complex is because the Federal Government has its hands in 'things' such as the War Against Drugs, and Nation Building that has been going on for decades. I think that issues like that should be approached in a different way.

But we cannot ignore the purk, benefit, whatever you would like to call it, that Bin Laden is fish food. And Ron Paul is wrong IMO.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
The fact that there is a limited supply of precious metals is actually a benefit for its use as money. Right now the amount of Federal Reserve Notes. (what the government want you to think is money) in circulation can change on a whim. When the amount of FRNs in circulation increases (usually done electronically) it necessarily reduces the value of the current notes in circulation.

The amount of time and labor needed to generate a 1 FRN or 1,000 FRN and introduce it into the economy is essentially the same. You cant say the same about precious metals.
There is real labor and energy involved in mining and coining metal.

True money should have 3 essential qualities: It should be widely accepted, it should be portable, and should be a store of value.

I have a dime in my wallet that was coined in 1957 and is comprised of 90% silver. In 1957 it would be perfectly reasonable for me to expect to walk into a corner store and buy a candy bar and a coke with that dime. Today the "melt value" of that coin is about $2.45 I could easily go to a store today with $2.45 and get a candy bar and a coke.

The point is that if you took 1,000 ounces of silver and put it in a safe for 50 years you could expect it to more or less maintain its buying power. you cant say the same thing about 1,000 FRNs

That sir, is like believing there is a way to allow people to steal from Safeway without screwing over Safeway (and its customers)

I did like some of what Cain had to say in the debate but I don't think I trust him. He is a Federal Reserve banker and that worries me greatly.

The Dollar use to be defined as 371 1/$ grains of 90% silver then there was a fixed ratio of Dollars to gold. I would prefer returning to the silver standard with out the fixed ratio to gold ( this caused a lot of problems I will have to save for another post )

But the main thing is to not have something that can be created so easily, and has no store of value. Somthing that represents labor and production not debt. (every FRN introduced to the economy comes from debt)

I would encourage you to start doing a bit of research on the economic/monetary history of America. It is actually pretty interesting.

Also learn about the Federal Reserve (that is not Federal and is not a reserve).

The movie "Money As Debt" is a good place to start. its a little over 45 mins long. "Money Masters" is also good but it is very long. Look up Edwin Vieira Jr and read his articles and watch his videos.

I'll address this post here:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?90574-Speaking-of-Goldbugs...&p=1533730#post1533730

Dreamer

In the case of "Imperilaism", NOTHING the US does in foreign affairs can even remotely be considered imperialism. Words mean things, and the way these oxygen thieves
oxygentank.gif
distort words is Orwellian, so I won't tolerate it.

You are correct. The US has done nothing with regards to foreign affairs that could be called imperialism. But that is NOT because the US is some sort of idealistic, humanitarian entity--it's because the US doesn't really exist as a viable geopolitical entity--any more than Russia, China, or England do.

This whole idea was very succinctly laid out in an EXCELLENT movie called "Network", put out in 1976. This little speech from the movie pretty much sums it up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI5hrcwU7Dk

"You are an old man who thinks in terms of nations and peoples. There are no nations. There are no peoples. There are no Russians. There are no Arabs. There are no Third Worlds. There is no West. There is only one holistic system of systems. One vast and immane, interwoven, interacting, multi-varied, multi-national dominion of dollars. Petro-dollars, electro-dollars, multi-dollars, reichmarks, rands, rubles, pounds and shekels...

We no longer live in a world of nations and ideologies, Mr Beale. The world is a college of corporations, inexorably determined by the immutable bye-laws of business. The world is a business, Mr Beale. It has been since man crawled out of the slime.

And our children will live, Mr Beale, to see that ... perfect ... world in which there is no war nor famine, oppression or brutality. One vast and ecumenical holding company for whom all men will work to serve a common profit. In which all men will hold a share of stock.

All necessities provided. All anxieties tranquilized. All boredom amused."
In other words, you can either keep pouring the kool-aid, or wake up and smell the poison...

Last edited:

Dreamer

...that Bin Laden is fish food. And Ron Paul is wrong IMO.

Madeline Albright (US Ambassador to UN), Colin Powel (US Secretary of State), Dr. Steve R. Pieczenik (US Deputy Assistant Secretary of State), Robert Baer (Former CIA officer), Dale Watson (former FBI head of counterterrrism), Pervez Musharraf (former President of Pakistan), Benazir Bhutto (Prime Minister of Pakistan), Fox News, and the "Pakistan Observer" newspaper might disagree with you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnychOXj9Tg

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,41576,00.html

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
Madeline Albright (US Ambassador to UN), Colin Powel (US Secretary of State), Dr. Steve R. Pieczenik (US Deputy Assistant Secretary of State), Robert Baer (Former CIA officer), Dale Watson (former FBI head of counterterrrism), Pervez Musharraf (former President of Pakistan), Benazir Bhutto (Prime Minister of Pakistan), Fox News, and the "Pakistan Observer" newspaper might disagree with you...

Although they're all shills for the NWO and should be ignored right? Wake up and crawl back out of the rabbit hole, reality is waiting.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

Go on. What is your point? That Bin Laden was not killed recently, and that there is a group of SEALS that are lying?

The papers are the just that, 'the papers'. "Foxnews," isn't exactly News, but rather 'news' - entertainment 'news'.

Hell, FOX refers to itself as "FOX Entertainment."

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
Go on. What is your point? That Bin Laden was not killed recently, and that there is a group of SEALS that are lying?

The papers are the just that, 'the papers'. "Foxnews," isn't exactly News, but rather 'news' - entertainment 'news'.

Hell, FOX refers to itself as "FOX Entertainment."

Indeed, you've smelled the coffee. Problem is, too many fascist idiots "think" MSNBC, CNN, CBS, ABS, NBS, and PBS are legitamite "news". It's ALL bullscat. The most popular bullscat seems to be the most truthful whether you're programmed to like it or not.

Beretta92FSLady

Indeed, you've smelled the coffee. Problem is, too many fascist idiots "think" MSNBC, CNN, CBS, ABS, NBS, and PBS are legitamite "news". It's ALL bullscat. The most popular bullscat seems to be the most truthful whether you're programmed to like it or not.

When I watch any of those entertainment news programs I just take them for what they are...Entertainment.

Funny you should mention the 'most popular':

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/...0_4_n_817182.html#s233787&title=1_The_OReilly

I watch some of these programs, and there is a bit of truth in them, but lots of political biased fluff. Don't get me wrong, my critique spreads across all 'news' programs.

Most of the time I just read a lot, and discover that the 'truth' or an idea of what is going on reveals itself.

If a person is into politics, they are in 'it' for the long haul, and have to read a lot of information, daily, to stay informed.

Last edited:

Dreamer

Yeah, you are right...

Two deputy Secretaries of state, a retired CIA officer and numerous heads of state are completely untrustworthy as sources of information, but our current Commander in Chief has just spoken the Irrefutable Gospel Truth.

I stand corrected... :rolleyes:

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
Yeah, you are right...

Two deputy Secretaries of state, a retired CIA officer and numerous heads of state are completely untrustworthy as sources of information, but our current Commander in Chief has just spoken the Irrefutable Gospel Truth.

I stand corrected... :rolleyes:

You exist to be corrected.

It's funny how "Two deputy Secretaries of state, a retired CIA officer and numerous heads of state " are completely trustworthy as long as they're telling a story, or who's out of context statements can be used to support insipid conspiracy theories. EVERYONE ELSE is a NWO shill right?

I stand in absolute awe of the vast depth of delusional nonsense I've seen from some people.:eek:

mousegurl

Thats the reason I voted for him in 08 and its the reason why I will vote for him in 12. He is the only person in congress I know of that actually looks through the constitution on each bill to find out if the constitution gives him and congress the power to pass that bill, if it does not then he votes against it. The rest of them up there just vote on a bill based on who gives them the most money.

As far as his comment regarding binladen, he said we should have worked with pakistan, he said we should have consulted them and worked with them instead of going in without their permission(which is essentially an invasion). What if the Mexican government(though very unlikely to happen) decided to go after one of the drug lords that was hiding in Arizona on a raid just like we did to Osama? Would you be supporting Mexico for invading our country to nab a drug lord without our permission or would you be screaming for something to be done to Mexico for invading our country without permission?

Besides, the whole raid was just one big staged publicity stunt. Its only purpose was the give Obama a jump in points and to keep us distracted for whatever they are doing behind the scenes, and by the I am talking about the global elite.

The Mexican military has made many incursions into US territory (not just Arizona). Not to oppose drug lords, but in support of their operations! Not much is said and nothing is done about it. Nothing is done about the hoardes of illegal aliens invading our country either. Isn't that unconstitutional?

Bin Laden got what he had coming. Now I want to know which candidate is actually gonna do something about the unconstitutional invasion of OUR country! Preferably before we get into a civil war and break up like the former USSR.