• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CADL v. MOC hearing - 5/25@14:30

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Me neither. The 6 inches of water in my finished basement precludes me from attending.
:(

Lost quite a bit of ammo too and one rifle I have is submerged.

Last edited:

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Just found out that one of the cleanup companies I was considering for to rectify the mess will not come to my waterlogged basement since there are firearms and/or ammo present... even though most of what they have a problem with was up off the floor enough not to be affected. The rifle was a mosin nagant... so no big loss even if I can't won't keep it. The ammo was a few cases of .22lr and 2 boxes of 7.62x54r ... no big loss there either. Could have been worse. Now I just have to spend my time carrying firearms and ammo up the staircase and into my garage as it appears that many of the places I am attempting to have clean this up won't come in because of the firearms/ammo. :banghead:

Last edited:

eastmeyers

Just found out that one of the cleanup companies I was considering for to rectify the mess will not come to my waterlogged basement since there are firearms and/or ammo present... even though most of what they have a problem with was up off the floor enough not to be affected. The rifle was a mosin nagant... so no big loss even if I can't won't keep it. The ammo was a few cases of .22lr and 2 boxes of 7.62x54r ... no big loss there either. Could have been worse. Now I just have to spend my time carrying firearms and ammo up the staircase and into my garage as it appears that many of the places I am attempting to have clean this up won't come in because of the firearms/ammo. :banghead:
Liabilty!!! Its one thing if one of there employees gets a finger pointed at them (rightly or wrongly) for a TV coming up missing. But its a whole new deck of cards (in terms of legalities) if an employee gets a finger pointed at them for a firearm coming up missing. I don't know if you were looking at this as an ANTI 2A issue, but I wouldn't necessarily.

Onnie

To get somewhat back on topic (although I don't mind talking to the doc also :) ), are their any updates from anyone in Lansing? I know its early just curious.

ive been searching and looking on twitter for tweets and not see anything so i suspect they are still in court

Last edited:

Slave

I am so conused here at work, my google is limited. What is an authority anyway? What is stopping each and every city from calling itself an authority? Can authorities use our tax monies like a city? Yikes, I am a bit sick over this.

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
nothing is stopping an city in michigan from declaring everything an authority, that's the problem.
park authority, library authority, school authority, etc. you see the problem

Onnie

captured from twitter:

"MOC has lost it's case vs. CADL. According to the judge, preemption does not apply to "authorities". We must appeal this ruling."

Such a shame, but given this Judges actions from the first day of this matter, it does not surprise me on her ruling

now on to the next step!

Last edited:

eastmeyers

Legislating from the bench at its best. Forget Keller and McDonald - SCOTUS, The US Constitution, and The Michigan Constitution. Forget all that. I have my FEELINGS.

NOTE: I wasn't their, but this is my gatherings, especially after her "feelings" from the first "round" when we saw her.

Do we still have the court dates that were originally set? The ones in June?

detroit_fan

We all knew this was going to happen with such a liberal judge who was obviously going to rule based on her personal feelings and beliefs instead of the law.

Now, the nra, mcrgo, and other groups have said they would get involved at the appeals level, so it's time to get them going.

B

Bikenut

We all knew this was going to happen with such a liberal judge who was obviously going to rule based on her personal feelings and beliefs instead of the law.

Now, the nra, mcrgo, and other groups have said they would get involved at the appeals level, so it's time to get them going.
It is also time to get our legislators up to speed ................ I personally do not expect the legislators in Lansing to allow this obvious power grab to stand for very long. Nor do I expect our legislators to allow any and all local podunk 4 way stop "authority" to undo State firearms law.

Unless the legislators want it that way ....... so gun control can come in big time but the blame is spread out over the entire State.