• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why not just comply (with the police when they stop you and ask for ID)???

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Unless I got lost and stumbled into the Mississippi forum, I'd just as soon not address you as anything.

It's easier to put him on the ignore list... When has he contributed anything but inflammatory statist rhetoric? I haven't found anything but come from him... He's not even a useful idiot.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
It's easier to put him on the ignore list... When has he contributed anything but inflammatory statist rhetoric? I haven't found anything but come from him... He's not even a useful idiot.

Oh...I don't know. He's kinda amusing. I'll bet he was in supply!:banana:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I'd say you timed it just right. Someone has already been designated as tyrannical.

Yeah! And, somebody else already made an unnecessary post laden with implied criticism, "I'll be interested to read the logical and intelligent responses you get in response to your inquiry."

carsontech

Activist Member
SAM ADAMS!!!!!!!! IT'LL GET YOU DRUNK!!!!

Aren't you thinking of Samuel Jackson? lol

Oh...I don't know. He's kinda amusing. I'll bet he was in supply!:banana:

From what I gather, I think he was, or is, in charge "of the guidance and support of" a particular "Military Police Company". No, I'm not a stalker, I just lurk on taurusarmed.net.

MilProGuy does seem to respond in "almost every thread", its the same over at taurusarmed.net. Not saying thats good or bad, because that's relative to how ones looks at it. I've never seem him make statist post over there. His posts are ussually short and plentyful.

I don't agree with his statist type posts he has made here on OCDO, at all, but I will defend his right to say anything he wants.

But... if you get bored, you may look into his past, and professional history, and see where he's coming from and why he has his beliefs. Maybe even look at some of the books he has written to see why he has such a "patriotic" stance. It only takes a few minutes to research someone with Google and other types of search engines. It's kind of scary.

What was this thread about agian? lol

Last edited:

scouser

Simple reason, because you don't have to. Whatever may be the norm in other places is irelevent, don't bring it here and expect people here to conform to your standards you've been used to where you are from.
I had an interesting conversation with jmelvin after breakfast at RCD a couple of weeks ago. We were talking about this very thing, and how when I first came to this country I couldn't see a problem with checks and fingerprints, etc because where I come from the government has always had a habit of getting in your business and you get used to it. But, I told him, one day it dawned on me that as a newcomer it wasn't Virginia's job to adapt to what I was used to, instead it was up to me to adapt to where I now live. I've lived here almost 11 years and I'm still adapting and learning, but hopefully I'm better integrated here now.
At a dinner some months ago the Nightmare asked me how it felt to live in a free country now, 11 years ago I wouldn't have understood what he meant but by the time he asked I knew what he was saying.
If everyone adopted the OP's attitude then that's going to become the expected response and our freedom will start on the slippery slope towards Australia, the UK and, if we don't stop it, the Germany of 1933-45.
However, the OP has the right to ask the question. We, in turn, have the right to point out its flaws. That's a part of what being in a free country is about.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Simple reason, because you don't have to. Whatever may be the norm in other places is irelevent, don't bring it here and expect people here to conform to your standards you've been used to where you are from.
I had an interesting conversation with jmelvin after breakfast at RCD a couple of weeks ago. We were talking about this very thing, and how when I first came to this country I couldn't see a problem with checks and fingerprints, etc because where I come from the government has always had a habit of getting in your business and you get used to it. But, I told him, one day it dawned on me that as a newcomer it wasn't Virginia's job to adapt to what I was used to, instead it was up to me to adapt to where I now live. I've lived here almost 11 years and I'm still adapting and learning, but hopefully I'm better integrated here now.
At a dinner some months ago the Nightmare asked me how it felt to live in a free country now, 11 years ago I wouldn't have understood what he meant but by the time he asked I knew what he was saying.
If everyone adopted the OP's attitude then that's going to become the expected response and our freedom will start on the slippery slope towards Australia, the UK and, if we don't stop it, the Germany of 1933-45.
However, the OP has the right to ask the question. We, in turn, have the right to point out its flaws. That's a part of what being in a free country is about.

Nothing trumps a first hand account of someone that has been there and done that - don't care who you are or how you "feel."

Freedom is its own reward.

MilProGuy

Aren't you thinking of Samuel Jackson? lol

From what I gather, I think he was, or is, in charge "of the guidance and support of" a particular "Military Police Company". No, I'm not a stalker, I just lurk on taurusarmed.net.

MilProGuy does seem to respond in "almost every thread", its the same over at taurusarmed.net. Not saying thats good or bad, because that's relative to how ones looks at it. I've never seem him make statist post over there. His posts are ussually short and plentyful.

I don't agree with his statist type posts he has made here on OCDO, at all, but I will defend his right to say anything he wants.

But... if you get bored, you may look into his past, and professional history, and see where he's coming from and why he has his beliefs. Maybe even look at some of the books he has written to see why he has such a "patriotic" stance. It only takes a few minutes to research someone with Google and other types of search engines. It's kind of scary.

Respectfully, I would appreciate it if you would kindly allow the other members of this forum to do their own research about who I am and my core beliefs if they should choose to do so, and discontinue putting snippets of personal information that you have dug up about me on this open forum.

I in no way, shape, or form apologize for my patriotic stance as an American.

If you are a gentleman, this is all I should have to say about this matter.

carsontech

Activist Member
I was just trying to help so people would maybe quit making a fuss claiming you're a troll. This is last time I try to help anyone. I was on a roll with minding my own business until I posted that last post in this thread.

The only "business" I usually insert myself into is when people are trampling other peoples rights, but I thought I would make an exception this one time because of how derailed threads were getting. Good luck.

You definitely wont see my running across the street to help break up a bar fight. :lol:

Last edited:

MilProGuy

I was just trying to help so people would maybe quit making a fuss claiming you're a troll. This is last time I try to help anyone. I was on a roll with minding my own business until I posted that last post in this thread.

The only "business" I usually insert myself into is when people are trampling other peoples rights, but I thought I would make an exception this one time because of how derailed threads were getting. Good luck.

You definitely wont see my running across the street to help break up a bar fight. :lol:

Thank you for the good intentions you expressed.

I also thank you for understanding my reasons for making the request of you.

No harm ~ no foul.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Respectfully, I would appreciate it if you would kindly allow the other members of this forum to do their own research about who I am and my core beliefs if they should choose to do so, and discontinue putting snippets of personal information that you have dug up about me on this open forum.

I in no way, shape, or form apologize for my patriotic stance as an American.

If you are a gentleman, this is all I should have to say about this matter.

What is disallowed are personal attacks, publishing (in most cases) location and otherwise confidential data. Information gleaned from other public forums is NOT in and of itself a departure from the rules. Indeed such can provide an insight to an otherwise enigmatic situation or personality.

BillHoo

hi everyone,

im really curious about why some folks like to film the police and argue with them about giving them your ID and not allowing them to check your weapon?
i have been open carrying for only a small time now but i have not had one problem with the police or anyone else. i smile at others and act very polite and dress profesionally and i have not had any bad reactions. i am prepared to have the police called on me and i know i will act professional. if they want my ID? i have no problem giving them my ID. if they want to run the serial number on my sidearm? "please do" will be my response.
why not just comply??? but please, i am hear to learn about the community of open carriers. so correct me if need be.

Lassen Sie mich Ihre Papiere sehen! Sind Sie ein Jude? Sind Sie ein Bürger? Beweisen Sie es!

Let me see your papers! Are you a jew? Are you a citizen? Prove it!

MilProGuy

What is disallowed are personal attacks, publishing (in most cases) location and otherwise confidential data. Information gleaned from other public forums is NOT in and of itself a departure from the rules.

I wasn't suggesting that it was against the rules; I merely made a request of the gentleman and it appears that he is cordial enough to accomodate my request.

MSC 45ACP

I found the OP to be so painful to read I didn't want to dignify it with a response.
Capitalization, punctuation and spelling are not difficult concepts to understand or master.
The OP was so poorly written, I find it very difficult to take seriously...

msc

BillB

I was on a roll with minding my own business until I posted that last post in this thread.

Not long ago, I had a quick refresher course in minding my own business. I was walking by a mental institution and heard a bunch of the inmates shouting from their fenced-in yard; "13, 13, 13..." Well, I could not restrain myself from investigating this. I walked up to the high wooden fence and found a peephole between two boards; I looked in and someone poked me in the eye with a stick. Then, they all started shouting "14, 14, 14..."

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Wait a minute. Do I understand this correctly? Uber-statist MilProGuy is concerned about his privacy?

The irony (hypocrisy?) is breathtaking.

And, of course, his privacy concerns are about personal information that he himself posted into the public realm. But, it is now supposedly ungentlemanly to direct others to information he put out there?

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
He is a special 'only one' with special rights and privileges that us unwashed slaves don't have...

His attitude has been obvious from the get-go.